Play Arts Kai Alien Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kool !! more pics please!

Really impressed with how these came out I will have to order the Lurker soon. Would love to see a Crusher too but I imagine the price tag on that would be painful.

spitter 008.jpg

spitter 004.jpg

These actually turned out very nicely. Shame they're focusing primarily on video game licenses; I'd kill for them to make figures from the original movies. Maybe they'll give us the Alien from Alien: Isolation. Apart from the dinosaur legs, it's a pretty Gigeresque representation of the creature.

At first, it's shocking how close the Play Arts resemble NECA since they cost 5x as much. But once you get to feel how well the joints work and how strong the parts between the joints are, it's a world of difference. I really wish NECA would not assemble the figures while the paint on their joints are still wet, or are they painted after assembling, leaving the paint to drip between the joints? I have many NECA aliens that come with stuck joints and I couldn't get rid of them with the hot water treatment. And the joints on the NECA aliens are generally soft so some of them ended up bow-legged after a while. That being said, I am still a fan of NECA and kudos to them for bringing affordable and accurate action figures to collectors.

Here's a pic of the Play Arts Spitter:
spitter_glance.jpg

The joints are sturdy, but the Spitter could only stay in this position for a few minutes due to the CG of the pose, lol. They come with a clamp-type stand though if you wish to ensure they wouldn't fall over:
spitter_strikes.jpg

The articulation is wonderful, look at how low the Lurker can go:
lurker_squat.jpg

Excellent paintwork, look at the wet gloss up-close on the Lurker:
lurker_chest.jpg

For those interested in the scale comparison with NECA, I would say the Play Arts fit in very well together. Shown here are the Play Arts Spitter and NECA Brown Warrior:
spitter_brown.jpg

And there are just a few more pics on my blog if you are interested (do excuse the cheesy write-up):
https://www.tellatoystory.com/play-arts-kai-aliens/

I'll never get tired of saying it, NECA should go all out hiring only the best factories and release their figures with better packaging (Revoltech and SH Monsterarts come to mind) as high(er) end collectibles at a higher price point. I'd easily pay double the price with better QC, materials and packaging.

Oh, and great pics, thanks!

For those interested in the scale comparison with NECA, I would say the Play Arts fit in very well together. Shown here are the Play Arts Spitter and NECA Brown Warrior:
View attachment 120287

And there are just a few more pics on my blog if you are interested (do excuse the cheesy write-up):
https://www.tellatoystory.com/play-arts-kai-aliens/
thanks, purchased one right after looking through that page.
i have lots of MF/Neca alien stuff hidden due to no displaying place. if one day i take them out, this guy will fit. until then i'll put him crawling on my monitor.

At first, it's shocking how close the Play Arts resemble NECA since they cost 5x as much. But once you get to feel how well the joints work and how strong the parts between the joints are, it's a world of difference. I really wish NECA would not assemble the figures while the paint on their joints are still wet, or are they painted after assembling, leaving the paint to drip between the joints? I have many NECA aliens that come with stuck joints and I couldn't get rid of them with the hot water treatment. And the joints on the NECA aliens are generally soft so some of them ended up bow-legged after a while. That being said, I am still a fan of NECA and kudos to them for bringing affordable and accurate action figures to collectors.

The joints are sturdy, but the Spitter could only stay in this position for a few minutes due to the CG of the pose, lol. They come with a clamp-type stand though if you wish to ensure they wouldn't fall over:
[The articulation is wonderful, look at how low the Lurker can go:

View attachment 120285

The Lurker Alien kind of looks like the original Alien head?

TheGreys can you post more pics of the Lurker when you have a chance please?

Thank you.

The Lurker Alien kind of looks like the original Alien head?

Yep. Would hate to reignite an ACM firestorm here, but that was the design. The premise was the "lurker" in the game was supposed to look and act like the original Alien that was hiding in ducts and sneaking around trying to get behind you to attack. The "warriors" from the game were the "full frontal assault" style creatures seen in Aliens. (it got a bit silly after that, but those 2 alien types were grounded in the films). They tried to "jazz it up" a bit of course, but it was supposed to be the Geiger-alien nod and I don't think the figure turned out bad at all.

Last edited:
Speaking of wet paint, my arkham batman has a fingerprint on his left bicep. gg neca

@bigbisont: That's right, the Lurker's head resembles the original HR Giger design with the semi-clear dome and skull face.

@slamscaper: That sucks. Any way to "smoothen" out the print?

I think everybody and their brother's brother has made Aliens figures by now. :lol

Saw these at the store last night. Thought they looked pretty good. Does anyone have these guys and have any opinions? Are they to scale with either the Bandai figures or the NECA?

I have the Lurker and think it's awesome. They are the same scale as the NECA figures, but better quality, sculpt and durability.
I will get the spitter, and possibly another few Lurkers, but the only thing is the price. It's steep, and would be good to have another few sets of hands, but it is, I feel, my favourite Alien Collectible I own.

I have the Lurker and think it's awesome. They are the same scale as the NECA figures, but better quality, sculpt and durability.
I will get the spitter, and possibly another few Lurkers, but the only thing is the price. It's steep, and would be good to have another few sets of hands, but it is, I feel, my favourite Alien Collectible I own.

Thanks for response. I liked everything I saw in the store but the price. May have to pick up the Lurker.

Broke down and got the Lurker and I agree wholeheartedly with commandernarra's comments. This guy's a beaut. At his price point he may not a bargain, but he's worth every goddamn penny. Looks so much better against the NECA Predators and humans than the NECA aliens, has better articulation and his joints actually work. Now just need to get a spitter...

Anyone have the Lurker and the NECA Queen too and pose them together ? Or any one who have both the Play Arts Kai figure and Neca figures do a side by side comparison of them with pics/videos ?

Back