Re: New Doom PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After hearing the price of the new Thor PF this needs to hurry up & go up for PO before SS start charging 500 bucks for a PF :horror

:goodpost: no doubt Sideshow are aware of the popularity that will come with this new Doom PF...look what has happened to their last Doom PF they released...its literally gone platinum and people have paid literally thousands just to own one. I think you'll see Sideshow continue the trend of their new PF prices with this new Doom PF, I can even see this one hitting $450 :horror :horror

:goodpost: no doubt Sideshow are aware of the popularity that will come with this new Doom PF...look what has happened to their last Doom PF they released...its literally gone platinum and people have paid literally thousands just to own one. I think you'll see Sideshow continue the trend of their new PF prices with this new Doom PF, I can even see this one hitting $450 :horror :horror

In all seriousness, I think that is wildly optimistic. I can now easily see Doom being a $500 PF.

$450 it is then! :clap:lol:rotfl

I fear Sideshow will take advantage of those collectors who missed out on the original Doom PF and those who don't want to fork out $2K on the LSF...I know a lot of guys out there are patiently waiting for this new Doom PF to be revealed...I hope Sideshow keep the pricetag affordable. Lets face it, Doom is in demand big time! :lecture

I fear Sideshow will take advantage of those collectors who missed out on the original Doom PF and those who don't want to fork out $2K on the LSF...I know a lot of guys out there are patiently waiting for this new Doom PF to be revealed...I hope Sideshow keep the pricetag affordable. Lets face it, Doom is in demand big time! :lecture

Like me :(

Sent from the Bat Computer

Yeah it is a bit worrying but if they do put there prices up to that amount I can see a hell of a lot of collectors quitting & they'll struggle to bring new collectors in.

Like me :(

:lol Sideshow will be screwing you twice then :( with Doom and the new Thor :gah:

Yeah it is a bit worrying but if they do put there prices up to that amount I can see a hell of a lot of collectors quitting & they'll struggle to bring new collectors in.

I don't know Steve...do you really think so? :dunno I reckon the majority of us collectors would probably still buy it if the pose and sculpt were killer plus if it had a low ES aswell. I really think Sideshow have us eating in the palm of their hands :exactly: seriously...this hobby can become like a drug addiction at times and when your on the verge of quitting due to price increases or lack of space - you just get dragged back again due to all the hype and temptation! :slap and when times get bad and the money begins to run out, I can see furniture, TV's and cars being sold to fund new statues!!! :panic: :panic:

Which reminds me, how much can you get these days for a second hand 46" LCD TV in mint condition with shipper? :dunno :lol

:lol Sideshow will be screwing you twice then :( with Doom and the new Thor :gah:

I don't know Steve...do you really think so? :dunno I reckon the majority of us collectors would probably still buy it if the pose and sculpt were killer plus if it had a low ES aswell. I really think Sideshow have us eating in the palm of their hands :exactly: seriously...this hobby can become like a drug addiction at times and when times get bad and the money begins to run out, I can see furniture, TV's and cars being sold to fund new statues!!! :panic: :panic:

Which reminds me, how much can you get these days for a second hand 46" LCD TV in mint condition with shipper? :dunno :lol

Yeah your probably right but I'll probably end up focusing a lot more on my other hobbies if we do end up getting $500 PF's :lol

I'm just glad the bulk of characters I really wanted have been released or getting released. There's not much more I need, characters like Lobo who I would normally buy will become passes. That's where I think SS will struggle trying to sell the lesser known characters.

Yeah your probably right but I'll probably end up focusing a lot more on my other hobbies if we do end getting $500 PF's :lol

I'm just glad the bulk of characters I really wanted have been released or getting released. There's not much more I need, characters like Lobo who I would normally buy will become passes. That's where I think SS will struggle trying to sell the lesser known characters.

aha...but that's where Sideshow are clever Steve. They'll keep the prices for those lesser characters down to an average PF price whereas with characters such as Thor and Doom, they know those will sell like hot cakes and up go the prices! Why should we moan about the prices going up for those guys when at the end of the day its us who moan at Sideshow asking them to hurry up and release it! :lol They know full well that we'll take the bait! :exactly: New Doom PF = $550 :lecture

I don't know Steve...do you really think so? :dunno I reckon the majority of us collectors would probably still buy it if the pose and sculpt were killer plus if it had a low ES aswell. I really think Sideshow have us eating in the palm of their hands :exactly: seriously...this hobby can become like a drug addiction at times and when your on the verge of quitting due to price increases or lack of space - you just get dragged back again due to all the hype and temptation! :slap and when times get bad and the money begins to run out, I can see furniture, TV's and cars being sold to fund new statues!!! :panic: :panic:

I'm getting them both lol

46" maybe around $500. Maybe more, what are the specs, Is it a smart TV and what brand.

Yeah your probably right but I'll probably end up focusing a lot more on my other hobbies if we do end up getting $500 PF's :lol

Yeah I was thinking that too. At around 350 I may have bought him but I decided before the preview came out that I'm passing lol

aha...but that's where Sideshow are clever Steve. They'll keep the prices for those lesser characters down to an average PF price whereas with characters such as Thor and Doom, they know those will sell like hot cakes and up go the prices! Why should we moan about the prices going up for those guys when at the end of the day its us who moan at Sideshow asking them to hurry up and release it! :lol They know full well that we'll take the bait! :exactly: New Doom PF = $550 :lecture

$550? Nah you didn't hear? They announce the price and it's going to be $750 for a swap out finger for his gaunlet as the Ex

46" maybe around $500. Maybe more, what are the specs, Is it a smart TV and what brand.

:lol :lol I was actually kidding my friend :hi5: times are not that bad....YET!! :horror

$550? Nah you didn't hear? They announce the price and it's going to be $750 for a swap out finger for his gaunlet as the Ex

Don't be surprised if its around the $500+ mark...I hope I'm wrong but seeing how they've priced Thor, I can see Sideshow valueing this PF to the MAX!

I can't remember if it Was Alex or Susan that confirmed it for me Last year. But they said it was 1/4 scale.

Lol we got a teaser too :) and Alex has confirmed it a few times this year already

​Is the Doom PF actually confirmed? Or still speculation?

It was confirmed by SSC Reps and a sneak peak of the PFs feet were already posted quite awhile ago. Doom is on the horizon. We'll be seeing something soon enough.

I said I was done collecting. The only thing there is, my wife really wants that Doom pf that was already out. However, we are at that point in our lives where spending $2k on a statue makes no sense to us. So I think we would be in for this Doom pf.

I said I was done collecting. The only thing there is, my wife really wants that Doom pf that was already out. However, we are at that point in our lives where spending $2k on a statue makes no sense to us. So I think we would be in for this Doom pf.

Yes get Doom and don't cancel Superman !

Back