Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 33

Love it, arrived today from a fellow board member. Quick pic. silvercenturion.jpg

lol. Somewhere in between tends to be good. But I don't get people who keep their collections completely away from any natural light. I try to avoid having the sun beating down on mine all day, but if a little gets in at dawn or dusk, whatever. And during the day, well, the collection never looks as good under artificial light as it does under a nice afternoon diffused sunshine.
Yup! I mean I wouldn't leave my figures standing in a south-facing window that gets light all day, but they definitely look best under natural light.

This Mk. is beautiful. It doesn't need a great photog to make it look good, it looks great in every shot I've seen. Can't wait for this one.

Hey ClipperKing. I've enjoyed your reviews for a long time now. My final decision on a purchase has been made more than just a few times after watching your review. When you do your review I would love it if you showed us how both the mark 42 and the silver centurion look posed with the other avengers. I'm going to use one of them for my avengers display and I just can't seem to make up my mind. Thanks and keep up the great work.

Its easy pred, SILVER CENTURION! He wont break on u unlike 42 which I had to cancel as I don't trust HT right now.

I think your right. I just got an ED-209 so I need to be really cautious with future purchases. I mite just snap if I spent close to a grand on only two figures that both catastrophically broke on me.
2014 - 1.gif

I was leaning toward Centurion any way because The color scheme is more congruent with what has been used on iron man in the movies. I'm not interested in filling my detolfs with mark I threw mark infinity, so centurion seems like a good representation for Iron man in my avengers display. I already have Hulk, Light Armor Thor, and very soon Silver Centurion. All I need now is stealth strike suit captain, and my Avengers display will be complete (Iron patriot can hold down the fort till captain arrives I suppose).

I'm not interested in filling my detolfs with mark I threw mark infinity, so centurion seems like a good representation for Iron man in my avengers display. I already have Hulk, Light Armor Thor, and very soon Silver Centurion. All I need now is stealth strike suit captain, and my Avengers display will be complete (Iron patriot can hold down the fort till captain arrives I suppose).

Any particular reason you didn't go with the Mark VII regular or battle damage version for your Avengers display?

For me, Silver Centurion beats the Mark 7 because it actually looks like a man could fit inside it. (Also the Mark 7's smirking Stark head is...not my cup of tea.)

Any particular reason you didn't go with the Mark VII regular or battle damage version for your Avengers display?

Maybe he doesn't like mk7, I canceled it just cuz of that awful ts head.

When the Mark VII came out I already had the Mark iii, iv, and vi. I wasn't interested in buying another iron man that basically looked the same so I passed on the mark vii, plus I to was a little underwhelmed by the figure itself. I ended up selling all my iron man and captain america figures because I decided I didn't like the direction my collection had gone. I had to many characters that just weren't that important to me. I made a lot of money selling off my marvel figures and used it to by HT Leonidas and a few other figures that represent characters I love but had decided were to expensive. I bought hulk a few months back and decided I wanted to come back to MCU figures and make an avengers display in my collection but with only one figure for each character. I refuse to pay inflated second market prices for any of these characters because they all get upgraded and reproduced so much. I also will not allow myself to by any more than one version of each because I'll just end up getting bored with them again and repeat the process all over. Though it was nice making a profit off those figures I sold, I'm not really interested in collecting with intent to re-sell at jacked up prices to my fellow collectors.

I think that's kind of b.s. if they do that personally. Granted I understand that's where they're based out of, but the Asian markets already get the figures earlier than everywhere else to begin with. Seems sort of unfair to their other customers to hold back products to satisfy a certain group. One group's money shouldn't be any better than another's. I don't know if I honestly believe they do that though, it would seem like a weird business practice. Besides if they have something ready to go and ship out to customers it seems sort of silly that they'd sit on product rather than ship it out and collect their profits.

nothing wrong with that. it's already alot easier to purchase HT products in N.A. than in H.K. itself.

it's just like how Apple may release their new phones in certain markets first or Mercedes may roll out their new cars in Europe before the rest of the world. Not everything gets a simultaneous global release and no need to get so worked up about getting your toys a few weeks later than someone else half the world away.

Back