Hot toys MMS - Iron Man MK. 33 Silver Centurion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 33

I gotta call up sideshow tomorrow and see if I can cancel this without losing my deposit. Do you think they'll let me move the deposit to another figure I have on preorder? Like a credit.

They will let you do it once

Just had the figure cancelled and moved the $25 credit to Golden Age Cap. "One time courtesy."

Well i think youre going to miss out on this figure but GA Cap is a good choice too.

Nah. He's not a definitive Iron Man figure for me. I'll wait for another one. Mark VII was pretty much the definitive for me but I sold it. I'm sure I'll find another one I like down the line. HT is gonna keep pumping them out. Maybe a diecast version of VII. Who knows?

Nah. He's not a definitive Iron Man figure for me. I'll wait for another one. Mark VII was pretty much the definitive for me but I sold it. I'm sure I'll find another one I like down the line. HT is gonna keep pumping them out. Maybe a diecast version of VII. Who knows?

Why dont u like mk33? Is it the silver? I agree that IM looks best in R&G, but this suit really clicks in my mind having read IM comics as a kid.

:exacly: at least at the end of the movie it should've had more screen time

Yeah, and all that gold on the Mark 42 was really hard on the eyes. I hated that the moment they revealed it was the main suit. Really bland and uninspiring.

Silver Centurion was a much better desigan overall, and yeah, it was in the movie WAY too short and taken out too easily.

Which is a shame, considering it was Tony's main suit for god-knows how many issues in the comics and it even made the ugly triangle-style Arc reactor look good.

I'm hoping Marvel will come to it's senses and recreate it as his main suit for Iron Man 4.

Until then, I have decided to pass on this.

I love the mk 33 suit and I feel it is a definitive iron man armor to have. I have all the suits ( minus battle damage exclusives and what not) and this one is gonna take a front row spot in the display.

Hard to argue that in spite of its limited screen time (though certainly more prominently shown than most of the other IM3 suits), the Silver Centurion is an iconic look for IM. For many the comic SC armor is their favorite. I never even followed the IM comics and even I couldn't resist POing this one.

So far the MCU has given us 3 definitive comic-inspired armors IMO - the Mk3, War Machine Mk1, and the Mk33. Maybe the Mk1 and Iron Patriot as well. Hulkbuster comes out in AoU. Now if we can only get HT to release an improved Mk3...

Yeah, and all that gold on the Mark 42 was really hard on the eyes. I hated that the moment they revealed it was the main suit. Really bland and uninspiring.

Silver Centurion was a much better desigan overall, and yeah, it was in the movie WAY too short and taken out too easily.

Which is a shame, considering it was Tony's main suit for god-knows how many issues in the comics and it even made the ugly triangle-style Arc reactor look good.

I'm hoping Marvel will come to it's senses and recreate it as his main suit for Iron Man 4.

Until then, I have decided to pass on this.

On the other hand at least someone cared enough to add it to the movie :lol I like it too much to pass on this :slap this Heartbreaker and Shotgun are the suits I really need

For me, so far I have been buying one suit per Iron Man film:

Iron Man: didn't buy any, wasn't collecting 1/6 figures yet. Hoping they will release a better Mark III with BD some day
Iron Man 2: Mark VI, couldn't buy the Mark III BD, so I went for the Mark VI BD instead. Really loved the Mark VI (Having it in the Avengers is a big plus)
The Avengers: Mark VII, originally didn't want to buy it, but the DVD convinced me that I want this R&G armor with a round RT. Besides by then the Mark IV was way too expensive.
Iron Man 3: Mark XXXIII, didn't like Mark XLII as it was too gimmicky (come on, flying armor parts?) and doesn't really tranlate well on a figure (The Armor testing Tony is very nice, but I only want IM armor, not Tony), Love the color on this one and the fact he wears it and it includes a Tony HS has me sold.
Avengers: Age of Ultron? Who knows, both the Mark XLIII (A repainted XLII? Come on! Destined to be a HT limited release) and the Hulkbuster (Way too big! no $$$ and space) doesn't appeal to me yet...

Why dont u like mk33? Is it the silver? I agree that IM looks best in R&G, but this suit really clicks in my mind having read IM comics as a kid.

If I'm going to have one Iron man, I want it to be some combination of red and gold. While the 33 looks cool, especially with the blades, it's just not the end all be all for me.

I love the mk 33 suit and I feel it is a definitive iron man armor to have. I have all the suits ( minus battle damage exclusives and what not) and this one is gonna take a front row spot in the display.

Same here. I feel like this one will be the closest I would get to a comic version armor. I doubt that HT would make classic, comic versions of the armors, and I am very happy with how close this movie version comes to the comic version.

It's such a shame he didn't get to use this suit and others throughout the movie instead of cramming them all at the end for quick cameos. That's my biggest gripe with the film, otherwise I still enjoyed it even though it didn't turn out how I thought it would.

It's such a shame he didn't get to use this suit and others throughout the movie instead of cramming them all at the end for quick cameos. That's my biggest gripe with the film, otherwise I still enjoyed it even though it didn't turn out how I thought it would.

Which parts of the movie would he have been able to wear all his suits?

943623_568728289837463_1386275770_n.jpg

No way I can pass on this. Getting two:dance

This is my least favourite of all the IM suits. I think the torso is a bit wide and the leg pattern is too stringy for me. Much prefer the HeartBreaker. Looks more of a beast.

Although the blades are a nice unique feature. I could be tempted if they made a full blue version. Might stop me looking towards Igor ...

Funny, since Heartbreaker is my least favorite. I come rely HATED the ultimate Iron Man armor from the comics and just was not a fan of a super huge arc reactor or a more bulky suit. I think the Mark Vii is pretty perfect in what I want an Iron Man suit to be. I dunno, I guess I just love sleek looking suits. And it also helps that I absolutely loved this suit from the comics.

will this figure have the "pink panties" problem ? I am not sure if hottoys has solve that issue?

943623_568728289837463_1386275770_n.jpg

No way I can pass on this. Getting two:dance
This is just screaming to be made in Diecast. I honestly wish that all future armors would be made that way. As much as I love the Mark VII, it feels like a toy compared to the Mark II War Machine. (Yes I know it is a toy) it's the "heft" of the Diecast that I want them all to have moving forward. Maybe they can just add a lead weight in the torso. :)

Back