Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
confused between Xm & this Cap.......... Can anybody help with their opinions i m planning for Avengers display

confused between Xm & this Cap.......... Can anybody help with their opinions i m planning for Avengers display

XM Cap is based on the modern version. This one is based on his World War 2 version. I would suggest the XM Cap if you're displaying him with other Avengers.

One is the classic wings on the side of his head inspired piece with Cap holding the American flag...or holding his shield out front... this is the XM piece

capam1.jpg

SSCs Allied Charge is base on the recent Captain America Reborn series where they show him storming a beach during WWII. He is in uniform, but it is suppose to be a functional military uniform that inspires the troops, but gets the job done.

300196-captain-america-001.jpg

Both are excellent pieces, but one is suppose to be from the WWII and the other is the classic uniform. So it really does depend on what type of display you are looking to make up for your Avengers. Does it matter what outfits they have on, and if so that can make your decision easier.

If I had to pick one for an Avengers display, I'd go with the XM Cap. Only because he's in a more modern costume. I actually like the SSC sculpt more, but I don't want a WW2 Cap in my display. Honestly, if it were me, I would put the money you were going to use on the XM Cap and put it towards picking up the 1st SSC REG Cap PF. The original PF looks the best and if you are willing to pay $800 for the XM Cap....I would pay a little more and pick up the original REG Cap PF from SSC. However, if that doesn't work for you and you only want one of the 2 you mentioned, I'd go with the XM Cap for the reason I already mentioned.

If I had to pick one for an Avengers display, I'd go with the XM Cap. Only because he's in a more modern costume. I actually like the SSC sculpt more, but I don't want a WW2 Cap in my display. Honestly, if it were me, I would put the money you were going to use on the XM Cap and put it towards picking up the 1st SSC REG Cap PF. The original PF looks the best and if you are willing to pay $800 for the XM Cap....I would pay a little more and pick up the original REG Cap PF from SSC. However, if that doesn't work for you and you only want one of the 2 you mentioned, I'd go with the XM Cap for the reason I already mentioned.

all good points

Man I just hope the colors come out bright like in the pics. I can see the red being all washed out.

I do too, but it would make more sense being dulled and faded to be honest. His pants and boots are worn and dirty. It would make sense for his upper body to be too.

That being said, I hope it shows up with less wear and year. Haha

Follow this :)

Back