Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both look good but i have a hard time buying Sideshow any more.

I'm getting there. With as much trouble as I've had this year I almost expect my statues from them to come with problems. I do t want credits, I want good statues.

I order with the expectation I might be sending back now. Probably why my PO list has shrunk and pieces I said I was going to add, I haven't.

I am excited for this Cap though. Hopefully I get a good one and not one with any issues.

I think the QC has improved over the last 6 - 12 months. In years prior though, I had A LOT of problems. I've been lucky lately, 3 for 3.

I think the QC has improved over the last 6 - 12 months. In years prior though, I had A LOT of problems. I've been lucky lately, 3 for 3.

Stepping outside of myself for a bit, I've been seeing rising complaints lately so it doesn't seem any better. It seems you've been having a good streak, but that doesn't mean QC has gone up overall.

There's more frequent product releases now though, so the complaints are spread out. But the Apoc issues, the Batman issues earlier this year, the JSC Spider-Man issues, Gladiator Hulk, and now with later batches of Superman as well... it just continues. Aside from the widespread issues, there will always be isolated issues, like my issues with Black Widow, but that's more personal and I wouldn't reflect that on the entire run.

But like you I had a good streak as well. While others were complaining I was getting great statues. I'd look at pics of other's statues and go "I'm glad mine didn't turn out like that". My Spider-Man is the latest example of that, mine is good...good considering the sculpt was switched from what was shown vs what we opened (the webs). We all go through our periods with these things.

I've been 4 for 4 in the other direction lately. Given that, I'm scared as hell for this to arrive at my house. Not sure I could take another letdown. But I'm staying optimistic and hoping for the best.

2 for 3 on the bad side for recent stuff but Spidey and Apoc had known issues so I wouldn't consider those a surprise. Perfect superman.

Prior to Apoc and Spidey I had a crap Dark Xmen Dio and Hawkeye that was fully replaced by a perfect one. Every other order I've ever had with SS has been flawless. They normally do just fine. It's random really unless the statue has known issues.

2 for 3 on the bad side for recent stuff but Spidey and Apoc had known issues so I wouldn't consider those a surprise. Perfect superman.

Prior to Apoc and Spidey I had a crap Dark Xmen Dio and Hawkeye that was fully replaced by a perfect one. Every other order I've ever had with SS has been flawless. They normally do just fine. It's random really unless the statue has known issues.

From Sideshow, I've had Batman, Superman, Black Widow, Spider-Man, Mary Jane, Punisher, and Gladiator Hulk. I had replacements on GH (head and the round thing on the front of the base) and Batman (needed a new body). I think GH was damaged during shipment, so I don't blame that on SS...that stuff happens. Batman had issues with the fabric (a hole and large snags), so maybe a QC issue. Overall, I was pretty happy with the stuff I received.

I've had two pieces from PCS this year...He-Man and Judge Death, and both required complete replacements.

So, it's not just a Sideshow issue, and like you say, Sideshow usually does fine.

Batman damaged. Replacement of Batman damaged. Replacement of Batman again, didn't fit in the base. Joker damaged. Posion Ivy damaged. Skaar damaged. Rhino damaged. Terminator damaged.

I've had a rough time with sideshow over the last 2 years.

I'm getting there. With as much trouble as I've had this year I almost expect my statues from them to come with problems. I do t want credits, I want good statues.

I order with the expectation I might be sending back now. Probably why my PO list has shrunk and pieces I said I was going to add, I haven't.

I am excited for this Cap though. Hopefully I get a good one and not one with any issues.

I hope you receive a good one.

Matt Black did an awesome job on the Thor, Red Skull and Cap portraits. Im curious how the production pieces turn out. It might be a turning point for SSC if they can deliver these flawlessly.

Sorry to hear about those damages. I'm really excited about this guy. Hoping I get a good one. Hoping we all get a good one to be honest!

Batman damaged. Replacement of Batman damaged. Replacement of Batman again, didn't fit in the base. Joker damaged. Posion Ivy damaged. Skaar damaged. Rhino damaged. Terminator damaged.

I've had a rough time with sideshow over the last 2 years.

Damn. Your UPS might drink on the job eh? That's some piss poor luck dude

Damn. Your UPS might drink on the job eh? That's some piss poor luck dude

Lol. I thought that too. This popped into my head immediately!
ace-ventura-ups-o.gif

Ace Ventura.. always had hoped they would make a 3rd. Classic

I have a feeling it is going to happen. If dumb and dumber succeeds... Definitely. (Comment 4000, couldn't have spent it better than discussing my man Jim Carrey)

Really praying for a home run on this as this was one of my most anticipated statues after seeing it a SDCC last year. Please don't disappoint me SS.

Any newsletter info on this? Should hear next week if the full 21 day notice is in effect right?

Back