NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know looking at the 8" Mego-type Taylor , I'm still not convinced that have the likeness rights. :wink1:

The sculpt seems way off.

I'm still getting him though... I'm interested to see any apes in that line.

My beef with the "retro" Taylor is he looks too detailed. I wish he had fewer paint apps and less detailed sculpting to blend in with my Mego collection a bit more seamlessly. I might get him though as a Christmas gift or something. I always thought it sucked Mego didn't make a Taylor, Nova, or Brent so to actually own one is an exciting prospect.

These Neca POTA figs look fantastic, I know this is the longest of long shots but seeing what Mattel did with making a batmobile 1966 and higher end companies like Hot Toys are making the Delorean from Back to the future, I was thinking wouldn't it be cool to have a scale accurate spaceship from the original POTA to fit Taylor and the three other astronauts, I wonder how big it would have to be to fit with 7 inch figures? Probably the size of the Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile, I know I buy it.

I'm still wondering if ever we are going to see that Statue of Liberty NECA gave us a peek at several months back.

NECA_PLANET_OF_THE_APES_STATUE_OF_LIBERTY_STATUE_TEASER (1).jpg

Last edited:
My beef with the "retro" Taylor is he looks too detailed. I wish he had fewer paint apps and less detailed sculpting to blend in with my Mego collection a bit more seamlessly. I might get him though as a Christmas gift or something. I always thought it sucked Mego didn't make a Taylor, Nova, or Brent so to actually own one is an exciting prospect.

To each his own. As for me, I'm actually kind of tired of all this retro stuff... the return of the badly sculpted five points of articulation figures. Stuff that looks like it was made by Kenner back in the '80's. And the way Gentle Giant is milking those 12" SW enlarged vintage figures is getting to be rather silly. I guess they wouldn't be making them if they weren't selling, right?

It will be interesting if NECA decides to go 1:4 scale for the Ape line. I was looking at their Avengers line and it looks fairly impressive. That would be a whole lot of monkey to handle!

I had know idea the statue of liberty was coming, that arm is huge, I wonder how big it's going to be and price?

I thought so too but they didn't use it for either this year's Toy Fair or SDCC.

Might be an in house decoration they did for fun.

You are right Proto, Solo stands no chance. I have 20 gorillas, 5 Dr. z. and 4 Cornelius. I have only received 10 gorillas so far and am waiting for the rest of my order. Can't wait to see the Dr. and Cornelius in hand. Neca has done a great job with these and I am happy that they have the license. I am hoping we get a 7" scale Taylor and many of humans for this line, as well as many of the great background gorillas and mutants. I will most likely get 10 packs of the gorilla 2 packs when they come out! I also can't wait to have some fun photographing these amazing figures. Jom you better get in now before prices get too crazy. I will be getting everything from the original POTA line Miss Liberty to if it ever gets offered.

Since they've done things like the Columbia statue for the Bioshock line, I thought maybe the Liberty thing might be an actual product. I guess we'll find out! I'd be seriously tempted to get one.

I would buy that in a heartbeat. If things go well I don't think Neca would stop there, it would be amazing if they gave us all of the mutants and the Grand Central staircase, or the Omega bomb with launch console. :)

I would buy that in a heartbeat. If things go well I don't think Neca would stop there, it would be amazing if they gave us all of the mutants and the Grand Central staircase, or the Omega bomb with launch console. :)

I hope they go all out with the apes indeed.

I gave away one of my gorillas as a gift yesterday but unfortunately one of the legs broke when it came out of the package. I tried to exchange it today at a local TRU store but the manager informed me that the computers showed a negative stock inventory and that the gorilla soldiers were completely sold out online. I was given the choice to exchange it for a DOTPOTA Caesar or Koba which were in stock but I am sticking to the classic series. They are already becoming very tough to come by.

is the gorilla soldier suppose to come with a clip/magazine for the rifle? looks like a slot for one and peg hole but nada with mine.

great figure! waist joint is floppy loose but do like it.:clap

Caesar should arrive from rus.com today, hoping for a good paint job....

I just looked at the 3 I have open and there is a hole where the cartridge would go. None of mine have a cartridge.

I wish I had my lights.

Last edited:
I don't believe they used magazines for their guns in the movie. I don't know why the ones we got have slots in them though. I guess that's the way they were manufactured.

Jay

Yeah, they don't have anything there on-screen, so it's accurate. But the hole did confuse me as I thought something fell out/off too, originally. Maybe they found some visual reference that showed nothing there?

Did you guy see this pic NECA posted? Series 1 & 2 plust the Gorilla soldier 2-pack! The alt Gorilla head looks great and more distinctive than I thought it would, at first.

10460656_769091999819854_4985766478366014468_o.jpg

Oh wow, cool. I see Zira doesn't have the fabric hem on her dress yet. The man catcher looks great and so does the backpack and sub machine-gun. It looks like Dr. Z is leading them in prayer.

Here are some of my gorilla's faces.

Last edited:
Back