NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since it appears that each wave consists of three only figures, there is only two more open spaces for figures. Caesar was confirmed at SDCC as part of wave 3 and now we see that Julius might be part of that wave as well. So their might be only one space left. I guess there is always wave 4 or 5 for the mutants.

As for me, I could easily wait until wave 7 or 8 for them mutants but that is just me. Yep, my Ape want list is THAT long... (Ape-O-Nauts need to be their own wave) The mutants never did too much for me.

Last edited:
I got my Gorilla Soldiers today. These are so cool. Great accessories, details and articulation. Im happy :).

Hi All,

I had this over at the 1/6 POTA thread and Protozaius suggested that I post it here so please enjoy.

I couldn't wait to get my hands on the new NECA POTA classic figures and I have to say I wasn't dissapointed, these figures are execellent from the details on the uniform to the head sculpts are spoton. My only ***** is the paint apps on the faces so I dcided to repaint Cornelius and mack a small display for him.

The display depicts him in his office and keeping in mind that he is an archaeoligist I wanted to make display with some relics, maps and equipment in the office. My two kids kept nagging me not to cover the joints like the usual statue type diorama's that I usually do so who am I to argue with two critics LOL.

RECIPE

Cornelius - as mentioned before is from NECA and he was given a complete repaint, I paid particluar attention to the face and hands as the final made him look really pivved off. I also repainted the body and gave the outfit some subtle washes and drybrushing to bring out the details.

Base - The base is made from foam core and then I used plaster cloth to cover the base and I also made the window using the plaster cloth. Once dry I covered the plaster cloth with more plaster, I made the table and chair using high density foam and foam core and covered them in plaster cloth and plaster.

The shelf was made using left over balsa wood and the artifacts are parts from some other 7" figures and the rope is some leather that was repainted and the backpacks are from some 12" figures that have been altered.

The scrolls on the table are just pieces of paper rolled up and painted and the map was done by drawing the design in pencil and then painting over that and the pencil is a piece of plasticard which was painted, I also cut some paper to size to look like notes and drew on the first page with a pencil.

ONaOZxl.jpg

EVjZhKA.jpg

JoItAtp.jpg

l07UGKB.jpg

iIq5Uc4.jpg

JZxNtOS.jpg

DqN1paf.jpg

0j8ZHaT.jpg

c73jcds.jpg

EgMSubO.jpg

Last edited:
Good news for UK NECA POTA collectors the Gorilla Soldier 2-Pack will be available to all UK retailers that want to order it.

- Desamo, Congratulations on your new additions, you're right, they are awesome.

-Hemble, WOW Amazing work, your diorama looks amazing. Your work is very inspirational. Thank you for sharing. :)

-Ditch, Does that mean the 2pk will not be a Toys R Us exclusive?

Ron, awesome job! Reminds me of that Disney Indy you made a classroom for back in the days of my time at the Raven. The horse looks like a vintage Hartland to me. Too toy like for a permanent display without repainting it. That's obviously not a problem for you. Are there any Breyer horses that are in scale? Those look better out of the box. I used a Sleepy Hollow horse from McFarlane for my 6" Mattel Batman Begins Scarecrow. Might be the right scale but the house itself wouldn't look right with a gorilla on it. Too nightmarish.

Ron, awesome job! Reminds me of that Disney Indy you made a classroom for back in the days of my time at the Raven. The horse looks like a vintage Hartland to me. Too toy like for a permanent display without repainting it. That's obviously not a problem for you. Are there any Breyer horses that are in scale? Those look better out of the box. I used a Sleepy Hollow horse from McFarlane for my 6" Mattel Batman Begins Scarecrow. Might be the right scale but the house itself wouldn't look right with a gorilla on it. Too nightmarish.

Hartland it is and he will get a repaint and a saddle.

Thanks buddy and glad you like it, I have looked at the Breyer at they are a little to small but thanks heaps for the help.

Hartland it is and he will get a repaint and a saddle

Cheers mate and look forward to seeng it all when it done.

Ron

Hi All,

I wanted to make another POTA dio and this time round I used the NECA Gorilla and had him in a scene depicting him coming down into the subway where Brent and Nova first came down. Again my two kids ask me not to cover the joints like the usual statue type diorama's that I usually do, I painted the base and figure using Vallejo and GW paints and pastels.

RECIPE

Gorilla Soldier - as mentioned before is from NECA and he and his equipment were given a complete repaint, I paid particluar attention to the face and eyes. I also repainted the body and gave the outfit some subtle washes and drybrushing to bring out the details.

Base - The base is made from foam core as are the stairs and then I used plaster cloth to cover the base and used plaster cloth to build up the stone/molten rock. The tiles are plasticard from Evergreens and you can pick it up from any good hobby shop.

Ron

ben1.jpg

ben2.jpg

ben4.jpg

ben6.jpg

ben7.jpg

ben9.jpg

Love the dios... keep them coming!

Your Gorilla needs a backpack... and that two pack is coming soon!

Wow another great Dio. What are you going to do for Ursus? Looking forward to your next project.

Love the dios... keep them coming!

Your Gorilla needs a backpack... and that two pack is coming soon!

Cheers buddy and yeah I can't wait for the two pack especially for the weapons.

Wow another great Dio. What are you going to do for Ursus? Looking forward to your next project.

Thanks mate, I would like to do Ursus on a horse back dio with a gorilla soldier standard bearer next to him.

Ron

Back