Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for taking the time for your review and posting pictures with explanations Chr0n0.

Far from flawless, but glad you're happy with it in the end. I can't imagine return shipping that thing from Australia back to the States.

Reading this isn't inspiring: "Will I buy another SSC LSF? Probably not."

Thanks for sharing buddy :).

Nice review. Touching up the armor looks like it would be the same as doing body work on a car, not that you should have to do that on a 2k piece. Would love to see someone do a custom paint job on this. Base should be heavier I think, especially on something like this.

Congrats, hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for taking the time for your review and posting pictures with explanations Chr0n0.

Far from flawless, but glad you're happy with it in the end. I can't imagine return shipping that thing from Australia back to the States.

Reading this isn't inspiring: "Will I buy another SSC LSF? Probably not."

Thanks guys, glad it's appreciated. :hi5:

Yes Yankee, you are right it's not inspiring. Although I'm not at the same level of Iron Man obsession as Andy, I do consider myself a fanatic and for that reason alone I love this piece despite its flaws and would not consider returning it (despite the huge distance involved, not due to it).

There is no way I'm spending $2000 on something I'm not crazy about, which limits me to Iron Man, Batman and the Wife lol. :lol

Maybe, if this piece had been flawless I could have seen myself expanding on that and starting an LSF collection but my happiness with this piece comes from the character it represents, not from its quality. The build quality on the statue is fantastic but the paint and the base do let it down. As such it shall (for the time being) be my only 1/2 scale piece.

I have to agree with the others in this thread who state that unless SSC change something, collectors are going to look elsewhere.

I hear you, we're pretty much in the same boat.

What do you plan on doing about the the magnets in the armour panel on the back (the jet pack below the shoulder mounted munitions pod) that won't hold?

Hey Ch0n0, congrats on getting your IM bro :hi5: cool pics. Sorry to hear abt your QC issues on the paint apps, especially the marks on the forearm...that's definately not acceptable. I think I mentioned in my review how disappointed I was with the base also and how lightweight it is...compare it with the MKIII LSF and the difference in weight for each of the bases is shocking! The base for the MKIII LSF is one of the heaviest I've ever recieved as part of a collectible. I also have the same issue as you in regards to back piece and weak magnets! Like you said, it just appears to be such a weak connection that your initial thought is to just leave it it the box to prevent any damage occurring...however, I have been in touch with sideshow in regards to this and am in the process of getting a replacement sent out so of definately do the same thing with yours aswell as asking for a replacement forearm...cos I wouldn't accept that. It all sounds similar to the experience I went through with my MKVII lifesize bust. The first one I had recieved had a shocking difference in colour on the head and torso plus I had terrible scratches on the helmet...I recieved my replacement yesterday and it's turned out perfect!!! So it's worth getting in touch with sideshow with your issues as they will be glad to help you out bro :)

Hey Ch0n0, congrats on getting your IM bro :hi5: cool pics. Sorry to hear abt your QC issues on the paint apps, especially the marks on the forearm...that's definately not acceptable. I think I mentioned in my review how disappointed I was with the base also and how lightweight it is...compare it with the MKIII LSF and the difference in weight for each of the bases is shocking! The base for the MKIII LSF is one of the heaviest I've ever recieved as part of a collectible. I also have the same issue as you in regards to back piece and weak magnets! Like you said, it just appears to be such a weak connection that your initial thought is to just leave it it the box to prevent any damage occurring...however, I have been in touch with sideshow in regards to this and am in the process of getting a replacement sent out so of definately do the same thing with yours aswell as asking for a replacement forearm...cos I wouldn't accept that. It all sounds similar to the experience I went through with my MKVII lifesize bust. The first one I had recieved had a shocking difference in colour on the head and torso plus I had terrible scratches on the helmet...I recieved my replacement yesterday and it's turned out perfect!!! So it's worth getting in touch with sideshow with your issues as they will be glad to help you out bro :)

Thanks Andy, I will contact SSC.

Regarding the base, the only way I can put it is, I was expecting something like a sewer man-hole cover and what I got was a digestive biscuit!

Regarding the base, the only way I can put it is, I was expecting something like a sewer man-hole cover and what I got was a digestive biscuit!

Ouch, hahaha. Btw where is good comic book store in Melbourne if you wanted to hunt down old comic and posters? Other than Minotaur or Comics R Us. :)

:lol :lol great analogy! :clap I really wish you had the chance to see what I mean abt the MKIII LSF base...now that actually weighs as much as a Man-hole!!! :exactly: but then it doesn't surprise me too much as sideshow have been consistent throughout most if their releases in cutting corners ie making pieces hollow to cut down on material aswell as reducing cost of shipping :(

Yea, get in touch with sideshow and get those pieces replaced and that way at least you'll feel a whole lot better abt the piece as a whole :)

Ouch, hahaha. Btw where is good comic book store in Melbourne if you wanted to hunt down old comic and posters? Other than Minotaur or Comics R Us. :)

I order most things online (cheaper) and I've not been in Melbourne that long so I don't know either, sorry dude.

I have a friend I can ask though, I'll PM you when I get a response from him.

I hear you, we're pretty much in the same boat.

What do you plan on doing about the magnets in the armour panel on the back (the jet pack below the shoulder mounted munitions pod) that won't hold?

:lol :lol great analogy! :clap I really wish you had the chance to see what I mean abt the MKIII LSF base...now that actually weighs as much as a Man-hole!!! :exactly: but then it doesn't surprise me too much as sideshow have been consistent throughout most if their releases in cutting corners ie making pieces hollow to cut down on material aswell as reducing cost of shipping :(

Yea, get in touch with sideshow and get those pieces replaced and that way at least you'll feel a whole lot better abt the piece as a whole :)

Thanks again Andy, Yankee, I've take Andy's advice and emailed SSC about the armour, left arm...

...and the head :horror

Found this little beauty:

H001

H002

No, its not a reflection (as I first thought). The paint is actually so thin in this spot above the left eye, that the light shines through it! :thud:

Thanks again Andy, Yankee, I've take Andy's advice and emailed SSC about the armour, left arm...

H001

H002

No, its not a reflection (as I first thought). The paint is actually so thin in this spot above the left eye, that the light shines through it! :thud:

Anytime buddy :hi5:...there's no point accepting a piece when it clearly isn't right and needs replacing. As I mentioned earlier, Sideshow are pretty good with replacements. It took roughly 10 working days in total to receive my replacement MKVII lifesize bust, which arrived yesterday and that one has arrived in a much more acceptable condition, although like with any piece, there will always be slight inconsistencies in the paint apps...something we've grown accustom to nowadays with Sideshow pieces so nothing these days will be 100% perfect unfortunately :( Let us know how you get on bro :)

Send that back too.

Yup, included it in my email to them.

Anytime buddy :hi5:...there's no point accepting a piece when it clearly isn't right and needs replacing. As I mentioned earlier, Sideshow are pretty good with replacements. It took roughly 10 working days in total to receive my replacement MKVII lifesize bust, which arrived yesterday and that one has arrived in a much more acceptable condition, although like with any piece, there will always be slight inconsistencies in the paint apps...something we've grown accustom to nowadays with Sideshow pieces so nothing these days will be 100% perfect unfortunately :( Let us know how you get on bro :)

Will do, hoping I'll have a response by the time I wake up tomorrow.

Sorry to hear you didn't receive a perfect piece chr0n0.

The retailer I ordered from here in the UK probably won't get stock of these til end of Oct/Nov, I just hope they get a good batch as I can kiss goodbye to getting any iffy parts replaced.

Sorry to hear you didn't receive a perfect piece chr0n0.

The retailer I ordered from here in the UK probably won't get stock of these til end of Oct/Nov, I just hope they get a good batch as I can kiss goodbye to getting any iffy parts replaced.

Hey Si, yea I wish you well with your delivery bro. Not sure if you've ordered through CDUK but Lee is excellent at checking all the stock before it reaches your doorstep so no need to worry there :)

H001

H002

You mean the head is so hollow the light shines through. Amazing how Sideshow continues to completely ignore complaints about hollow statues and just make them ever more hollow. Return that. Your finger might go thru it if you grab it by the head.

H001

H002

I had this problem with the Legendary scale bust of Iron man. Had 4 statues shipped to me all with the same problem. Sideshow turned around and said " we cant sell you another because we can't meet your standards."
Hell 4 statues at 50$ shipping a piece they wasted about $300 in shipping.

Update my Mark VII will be here Friday :)

Hey Si, yea I wish you well with your delivery bro. Not sure if you've ordered through CDUK but Lee is excellent at checking all the stock before it reaches your doorstep so no need to worry there :)

Hey Andy, yeah it's on order with Lee @ CDUK along with a few other pieces. I did have a problem with my Alien Big Chap maquette a couple of years ago, but like you said Lee was excellent in getting me a replacement sent out. He did have extra stock of the maquette though at the time, not sure he will have of this piece.

As much as I'm really looking forward to receiving my first lsf, I can't help but worry at the same time if that makes sense. :gah:

Hey Andy, yeah it's on order with Lee @ CDUK along with a few other pieces. I did have a problem with my Alien Big Chap maquette a couple of years ago, but like you said Lee was excellent in getting me a replacement sent out. He did have extra stock of the maquette though at the time, not sure he will have of this piece.

As much as I'm really looking forward to receiving my first lsf, I can't help but worry at the same time if that makes sense. :gah:

Yea, it does make sense buddy :) and not to make you worry even more, it was predominately the reason why I ordered direct in the first place cos I know Sideshows track record of delivering items with faulty LED's or with marks or dents, etc...so I was always insured if you like, that I'd be able to get a replacement with Sideshow if needed...so kind of like a back up plan. As you mentioned, with these larger pieces, I doubt Lee would have too many of these LSF's in stock in which he could replace :dunno

Anyway, no point worrying about something that is out of your control so be positive and I'm sure it'll work out fine :hi5:

You are not alone. I am more worried than excited hahahaha. Seems like the trend upon receiving SS stuff now.

Back