Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still two more to go bro :rock the best comes to those who wait :lol

e5a2uqab.jpg

but I'm not going to drop 2k on IM3 stuff !!

Guys, after a long time thinking, I've made a decision to return this statue for a refund. There are some more issues that I discovered after I got from a dinner last night. First of all this statue looks pretty nice, but pretty nice is not gonna cut it for the price tag. When I first opened this, I thought I was going to really like it, but after spending more time to stare at it, this statue gives me more of a disappointment then the excitement. I looked at my Iron Man Mark VII maquette, I feel I am happier with that $500 statue than this $2K statue, so I knew from that feeling, this will not work for me.

For $2K, the quality is just below my expectation, the paint could have been better, I wish it has more metallic, and the base is definitely a let down, I wish it's darker. IM is all about the paint, if you are not happy with the paint, you won't be happy with the statue.

I could ask for a replacement, but I am not sure the replacement will satisfy me. Due to the size/nature of this statue, trying to get a satisfactory replacement will be a challenge. If I ask a replacement for just the leg, it may not fit the base or the light up feature may not work properly. I just don’t want to go through that hassle to save me (and Sideshow) some time and headaches. With that said I've sent an email to Sideshow asking for a refund and packed the statue back to its box.

Question for those of you who have returned a statue to Sideshow due to a defective product, will Sideshow refund the shipping cost too? It cost me $111 for shipping, I would not be happy if they don't refund that as well.

Guys, after a long time thinking, I've made a decision to return this statue for a refund. There are some more issues that I discovered after I got from a dinner last night. First of all this statue looks pretty nice, but pretty nice is not gonna cut it for the price tag. When I first opened this, I thought I was going to really like it, but after spending more time to stare at it, this statue gives me more of a disappointment then the excitement. I looked at my Iron Man Mark VII maquette, I feel I am happier with that $500 statue than this $2K statue, so I knew from that feeling, this will not work for me.

For $2K, the quality is just below my expectation, the paint could have been better, I wish it has more metallic, and the base is definitely a let down, I wish it's darker. IM is all about the paint, if you are not happy with the paint, you won't be happy with the statue.

I could ask for a replacement, but I am not sure the replacement will satisfy me. Due to the size/nature of this statue, trying to get a satisfactory replacement will be a challenge. If I ask a replacement for just the leg, it may not fit the base or the light up feature may not work properly. I just don’t want to go through that hassle to save me (and Sideshow) some time and headaches. With that said I've sent an email to Sideshow asking for a refund and packed the statue back to its box.

Question for those of you who have returned a statue to Sideshow due to a defective product, will Sideshow refund the shipping cost too? It cost me $111 for shipping, I would not be happy if they don't refund that as well.

Sorry to hear this Ricky :( since being in this hobby I've learnt you should always follow your instincts in this game as your the one that has to live with the statue and if it don't feel right then I think your making the right decision...

P.S. Can you take some more pics for us before you send it back ;)

For those of you who ordered this, don't give it up yet, we all have a different taste, this statue may satisfy you really well. It does look nice especially when you display it with a low light.

no9f2r.jpg

2mpzk2a.jpg

Sorry to read this mamba I know you love this hobby ,also 2k$ cost much work to win

I have one mk7 lsf order throught a local retailer and honestly ,don't know what to do...

Sorry to read this mamba I know you love this hobby ,also 2k$ cost much work to win

I have one mk7 lsf order throught a local retailer and honestly ,don't know what to do...

i ordered mine though Sideshow and they get one chance to get this right and if its wrong bye bye. I'm at the point where i am second guessing all my statues on order from sideshow.

Even with low lights the Red is way too muted and the Gold too much of a dark yellow tint to it that doesn't match the colors from the prototype to make me appreciate this statue. The arc reactor having no detailing in it for a 1:2 scale is also disappointing to say the least. They could've did so many cool designs with LEDs for it at this scale. I think you're making the right decision in returning it Mamba, better stuff out there to put your money into.

ok here is question my friends.. Both MK 7 Bust & LSF r let down. sad point sideshow wont allow to cancel either of them even this product is sub par quality. if u have to choose one which one u will keep bust or LSF?? or u will say goodbye to both??
For Andy: Q is different which one u like best from both......

P2 & Iron man Mark7 a big let down for me. never had this kind of frustration for any of my orders...... have to loose big NRD money

if u have to choose one which one u will keep bust or LSF?? or u will say goodbye to both??
For Andy: Q is different which one u like best from both......

P2 & Iron man Mark7 a big let down for me. never had this kind of frustration for any of my orders...... have to loose big NRD money

:lol :lol Hey Dhav...not again! :slap hahaha...you asked me this the other day ;) it's totally upto you bro...as you know my MKVII bust arrives next week so I'll be able to give you a decent enough review of it for you...as for the MKVII LSF, mine has been delayed until a further 10-14 days so I can't really tell you what I think of it until I have it inhand...but you should've seen enough pics of both to form an opinion no :dunno I know it's always difficult to make a positive decision over something without having the chance to see it inhand for yourself but it should all come down to what YOU like the best. One thing i do know is that the bust is more than $1K cheaper :lol

I am not giving up on this one, the base is the only part I can't live with and I will have it re-painted right away
Now as far as issues with quality, I have to eyeball it myself first.
Colors a bit off and this may change my mind in person. Now what I have learned from years of collecting is not to judge quality with someone else's pictures.
Im getting one and also building a display for it

Not sure if it's been pointed out before but looks like Sideshow messed up a little with getting the suit movie accurate. Not a biggie to some but you can see here in this comparison pic that Sideshow have chromed part of the collar below the neck area when it should infact be painted red as per the movie [emoji4] this is like spot the difference lol

sa8y5uga.jpg

Very wise words about judging from initial pictures but reviews are more reliable.
Both of the people who have received theirs have expressed major concerns.

Back