Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:dunno :dunno :dunno

Seen Ht & Bowen IM's displayed together nicely as well, so I'm not sure where you're going with this.

he's basically just saying that you cant compare HT to SSC statues cuz they are made of different materials. But, to me, paint is paint. HT does awesome paintjobs on their IM pieces and SSC does not. Really has nothing to do with what they are made of.

:woo just recieved the following email from Sideshow and mine ships in one weeks time :rock :rock

zunemusa.jpg

Note the part where it says...to make sure your item arrives in perfect condition :panic: :panic: I'm already nervous!!! :thud:

Asdf, ok lets reverse this...

I want to see try to do a 1:2 IM!!
Come on its a challenge! Lets all right to them and ask for it!

Come on guys!! By now you know HT is not even resin! I want HT to try to do a statue! Its nearly impossible to do at this scale and without issues.
You guys who collect want the best and I get it, but when it comes to statues its another process! HT can't be even in the same category as their use of material is different. You can't put HT next to a statue LOL, its like not even in the same planet
He was talking about the comparison of paint application and colour.
Plastic, resin, polystone, metal, etc... Doesn't matter. Paint is paint and can look good on any material.

Edit: Just read sarakawas quote... :exactly:

I've heard plenty of times it's far easier to paint on plastic than it is resin. I'm no artist so... :dunno

but I'm sure Avrone knows what he's talking about with his association with ARH

As long as the material isn't porous it should act exactly the same.

I made the comment because Ave seemed to miss the 'paint application' part of what he quoted and took it as comparing 1:6 to 1:2.

Wonder why the packaging is problem can only assume the dimensions are too big for international standards which are quite strict ?

He was talking about the comparison of paint application and colour.
Plastic, resin, polystone, metal, etc... Doesn't matter. Paint is paint and can look good on any material.

Edit: Just read sarakawas quote... :exactly:

Yep.

Sideshow has nailed the hot rod, metallic looking paint on both the Hulkbuster Comi and the Mk 6 maquette (though it had chin peeling issues) so to make a claim it can't be done on statues holds little water.

Yep.

Sideshow has nailed the hot rod, metallic looking paint on both the Hulkbuster Comi and the Mk 6 maquette (though it had chin peeling issues) so to make a claim it can't be done on statues holds little water.

Exactly. I think I'm even harder on SSC because they've done great work in the past with the mark VI and war machine maquettes. What's the problem now? I can only assume that the QC and art approval has taken a step back.

Exactly. I think I'm even harder on SSC because they've done great work in the past with the mark VI and war machine maquettes. What's the problem now? I can only assume that the QC and art approval has taken a step back.

Sometimes they dont go with the same company, and do not use the same material they used before. Not even sure if they can. The economics of their business is only known to them.
They have multiple companies that do these IM, I have no idea which one has the contract for the IM 1:2 but I can't argue with the facts that for a $2K item the expectations are even higher. I am a big collector of IM, I also want my monies worth.
My comparison with HT is that the material and factory processes for them are vastly different. The paint for HT doesnt vary, they all look uniform and exact. This process can be done at any scale but I bet the expenses will not allow it for a HT 1:2 scale. I bet it would cost much more then any resin for us. Plus why would anyone even try as long as we buy these?
Also, at the end of the day its HT and feels plastic and has no weight or real substance. Not to say some of us care but I dont want a clear stick up my 1:2 behind when I am displaying it :)

LOL
Easy for you to say!
I try hard but I get drawn in so easy when it has red and gold on it!

:chase

:lol I know.

When I have this discussion I always think of Maximus from Gladiator saying:

"Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was Rome, Proximo. This is not it."

Received my Iron Man this afternoon and I'm going to go against everyone on this form. This thing is awesome. Totally has the wow factor when I look at it. I have no issues with this piece. The red looks good, the gold looks good, the eyes are fine and arc is fine. Ok so, a little more detail on the arc might have been nice but not a big deal for me. I saw this piece at comic con and the arc was plain then too. Anyone still waiting for theirs to come in don't think twice about it, this piece is amazing and worth every penny.

Received my Iron Man this afternoon and I'm going to go against everyone on this form. This thing is awesome. Totally has the wow factor when I look at it. I have no issues with this piece. The red looks good, the gold looks good, the eyes are fine and arc is fine. Ok so, a little more detail on the arc might have been nice but not a big deal for me. I saw this piece at comic con and the arc was plain then too. Anyone still waiting for theirs to come in don't think twice about it, this piece is amazing and worth every penny.

Bro , show us the pics :clap

Back