Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah it's a bad news based on the first in hand pics, I have mine at my house but can't open it. Wifey wants to eat out tonight after work, gotta make her happy first before opening it.
It's ok Buddy... go get her an Happy Meal at McDonald and open up your box while she eats it!!!

Win-Win! :lol

I just got off from work. I think I still have time to open this before dinner. I am opening this now.

I'm trying my best to get some actual good shots of it. These are VERY high exposures, the room is actually very dark and the blinds behind it are completely shut except light bleed.

You can barely even notice the blue in the arc reactor. I still can't get the lights to work though. This ones gonna have to go back. :(

The red is ok and for me equal to the film VII. The Hot Toys one is just to red, not dark enough. Have the HT VII in my collection.

I agree, the HT MKVII is a little too red. In the pics I just took, the color looks almost there. In person though, my piece is really really really dark... It's almost purple, definitely closer to burgundy than red. Then again, it could just be my eyes, color can be subjective. I have all the movies and seen them so much, I can't help but feel like the color is off on my piece. Fortunately, some friends will come over and give their opinions later. As for the gold, it definitely doesn't look metallic or even painted over metal. I could be nitpicky, but the in-person proto pics from last years SDCC, the gold was astonishing. You could almost swear it was made of an alloy.

Will be getting mine soon, if it turns out crap....I'm requesting a refund.

Should also make for a very interesting destruction video.

Chris
:lol

Wishing everyone luck with their pieces, for 2 grand you should receive near prototype production pieces.

I would like to see you smash one with your Lambo though :monkey3

I agree, the HT MKVII is a little too red. In the pics I just took, the color looks almost there. In person though, my piece is really really really dark... It's almost purple, definitely closer to burgundy than red. Then again, it could just be my eyes, color can be subjective. I have all the movies and seen them so much, I can't help but feel like the color is off on my piece. Fortunately, some friends will come over and give their opinions later. As for the gold, it definitely doesn't look metallic or even painted over metal. I could be nitpicky, but the in-person proto pics from last years SDCC, the gold was astonishing. You could almost swear it was made of an alloy.

Wow, it looks REALLY like dark maroon in that pic.

Wow, what a colossal disappointment.

This was set to be my first 1/2 scale piece, but no way now. The hue of the red doesn't bother me so much, and the base is pretty much what I was expecting, but what really kills this piece for me is the color of the gold (which is far too dark and orangey) and the fact that all those parts that looked amazingly metal-like on the proto look like cheap plastic on the production piece. It doesn't look anything like 2k's worth of collectible to me. More like a very large toy with a sticker on its chest. What a let down after such high hopes.

Okay guys, just recieved some pretty bad news....at least for those in Europe who have ordered this piece direct from Sideshow. Can't really say too much at this stage but you will all recieve emails shortly explaining that there will be a delay in all our orders for upto an estimated 10-12 days :(

v5v04l.jpg

s4unom.jpg

2628nx1.jpg

Unfortunately :( :(

1pchi0.jpg

Wow that looks great Ricky :clap what a difference! :love

He looks pretty darn good to me, but sadly mine has a small break/chip on his leg. Damn getting a replacement for this size of a statue is a pain, I don't know if I need to send the whole thing or not. Lights work properly fine.

I have to go for a dinner now.

So, we've seen the first two displayed and one has lights that don't work while the other has part of the leg broken off. :slap

He looks pretty darn good to me, but sadly mine has a small break/chip on his leg. Damn getting a replacement for this size of a statue is a pain, I don't know if I need to send the whole thing or not. Lights work properly fine.

Sorry to hear that bro :( but so glad he's looking much better in those high res pics :rock I'm sure Sideshow will sort you out and maybe all you'd need to do is smash up the legs and they'd send over some new ones :dunno

I'm sorry to hear and see that chip. I hear ya. I don't even know where the problems begin with my lights. Not sure how an exchange would work out. Especially on mine, not knowing where the break in circuit begins.

Back