Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you worry my friend, I'm still excited like back in 1986 while waiting for my NES as a child but as I said, I'm really scared of any defect or chip.

It will be a great display piece!!!

:lol :lol :clap I think nowadays it's a common thing to feel anxious about chips or defects from all of Sideshows new deliveries :lol can your retailer check the contents before shipping do you think? :dunno

Yours will be fine Marc :) I think it looks great from the last set of pics from Mamba and the vid review from CowboyTsunami...keep that chin up,and stay excited bro :rock

anaqy3yj.jpg

I wouldn't call myself an Iron Man aficionado, but I think that looks pretty good.

Best pic was when he was in the dark. Under normal light, the orange just seem flat. Not impressed at all for a 2K statue. SS, what's your policy of refund for international collectors who purchased through Locally (for MUSEUM quality LSF $2 K I have low tolerance for mediocre workmanship, especially with the SO called LEGACY stamp on these)? Please reply.

They are distributor for SS for the region. For those who have seen or own Prime1 Megatron base, that's how This base color should look like, weathered. Zzz.

This picture is what initially got me excited about the Mark VII LSF and THIS is what it should have turned out like. The paint job on the production piece looks nothing like what you see in this photo:

image.jpg

EPIC FAIL, Sideshow!!!

This picture is what initially got me excited about the Mark VII LSF and THIS is what it should have turned out like. The paint job on the production piece looks nothing like what you see in this photo:

image.jpg

EPIC FAIL, Sideshow!!!

I think what you have to bear in mind Brent is that it's is a very rare occurance for a production piece to look as good as a prototype. Remember, the prototype on this occasion was painted by the top painters over at Legacy Effects and the production pieces that we recieve are painted by (with all due respect) good painters but not great...but then when your painting just a one-off piece to present at a show/convention, it's totally different from having to paint a mass production piece of approx 200-300...so there will always be minor discrepancies.

I really don't think this piece is as bad as what so many are saying. I was initially a little concerned abt the red tone of the suit from the first set of pics but it's always a dangerous game to come to any firm opinion on a piece from the very first set of pics and now i think the red is okay. The metallic gold parts was always going to be a touchy subject as no company so far that has released IM collectibles have yet nailed the brushed metallic look and so i already know that Sideshow wouldn't be able to pull it off :lol

The base is the only part of the entire piece which I feel has turned out pretty bad imo....but this can be fixed quite easily (not that it should have to be but c'est la vie)

I for one an still really looking forward to recieving this LSF...

In regards to the debate of whether it's worth the $2K...my opinion is this...at the end of the day, that's what it costs and so that's what I'm willing to pay to have it in my collection. I'd rather pay $2K and have it in my collection than not pay $2K and not have it...kinda same with my Wolverine LSF, if I'm being honest, it's certainly not worth the $2K but on the other hand I definately don't regret buying him as he's awesome!

You're too nice of a guy to argue with, Andy, but I have to disagree about this piece being worth the $2k(actually more like $2150 with shipping) price tag. If it looked like the prototype from Legacy I'd pay that amount in a heartbeat, but the wrong paint color, non-detailed Arc Reactor and cheap looking base totally ruin it for me.

At the end of the day I guess I should be happy that I just saved $2k, but on the other hand I was really looking forward to a new Iron Man piece. Guess I'll have to cross my fingers and hope that the Imaginarium Art 1:2 Mark VII turns out better than this. ;)

The more recent pics definitely look better but the arc with the blue paint is just like wtf? why? why not just leave it white then? The base is still garbage...otherwise not a total loss...if it were $1000. At 2k, it's definitely not a good purchase...at least for me. That's 2k I can spend on PFs where maybe half will show up without QC issues:lol

You're too nice of a guy to argue with, Andy

:lol :lol I hate argueing over collectibles...there is no right or wrong in this hobby as everyone will always have different opinions :) but I will always respect both sides of the coin and totally understand those who will be passing on this...and rightly so if one is disappointed with it :)

:lol :lol I hate argueing over collectibles...there is no right or wrong in this hobby as everyone will always have different opinions :) but I will always respect both sides of the coin and totally understand those who will be passing on this...and rightly so if one is disappointed with it :)

Agreed, mate. Once again you've shown that you're one of the nicest, most level-headed people on this forum. We need more like you. :)

Agreed, mate. Once again you've shown that you're one of the nicest, most level-headed people on this forum. We need more like you. :)

Don't mate..you'll make me blush hahahaha!!! Same goes to you bro...we're all one big family here on the freaks and without you guys this hobby wouldn't be as exciting and worthwhile as it is now :1-1:

Now no more mushy stuff! :lecture :lol :lol

reading the last few pages made me think of this

RdNhIH0.gif

seems my first 1/2 scale statue won't be this :(

Back