Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's also missing the plate above the chest to cover the collar part.
Not sure if it's been pointed out before but looks like Sideshow messed up a little with getting the suit movie accurate. Not a biggie to some but you can see here in this comparison pic that Sideshow have chromed part of the collar below the neck area when it should infact be painted red as per the movie [emoji4] this is like spot the difference lol

sa8y5uga.jpg

Between the two the 1:2 LSF definitely looks better than the 1:1 bust, but honestly neither are accurate.

The 1:1 bust is just colossally bad. :(

:lol :lol Hey Dhav...not again! :slap hahaha...you asked me this the other day ;) it's totally upto you bro...as you know my MKVII bust arrives next week so I'll be able to give you a decent enough review of it for you...as for the MKVII LSF, mine has been delayed until a further 10-14 days so I can't really tell you what I think of it until I have it inhand...but you should've seen enough pics of both to form an opinion no :dunno I know it's always difficult to make a positive decision over something without having the chance to see it inhand for yourself but it should all come down to what YOU like the best. One thing i do know is that the bust is more than $1K cheaper :lol

you r the only one who gives me some positiveness.

you guys do realize the 1:2 maquette is used from the same molds as their concept maquette right? What you see on screen isn't meant to be a 100% copy on their concept maquettes. The maquettes get made before they even make the full suits I believe. This is the same deal with all Legacy maquettes that SS is producing with the LSF line. If you can't live with that or didn't know that to begin with, that's on you. The only thing I would have a hard time accepting is that awful base. You want something "screen" accurate, go elsewhere. If you want a piece of something used to produce the film, then this is it, with a crappy base.

Guys, after a long time thinking, I've made a decision to return this statue for a refund. There are some more issues that I discovered after I got from a dinner last night. First of all this statue looks pretty nice, but pretty nice is not gonna cut it for the price tag. When I first opened this, I thought I was going to really like it, but after spending more time to stare at it, this statue gives me more of a disappointment then the excitement. I looked at my Iron Man Mark VII maquette, I feel I am happier with that $500 statue than this $2K statue, so I knew from that feeling, this will not work for me.

For $2K, the quality is just below my expectation, the paint could have been better, I wish it has more metallic, and the base is definitely a let down, I wish it's darker. IM is all about the paint, if you are not happy with the paint, you won't be happy with the statue.

I could ask for a replacement, but I am not sure the replacement will satisfy me. Due to the size/nature of this statue, trying to get a satisfactory replacement will be a challenge. If I ask a replacement for just the leg, it may not fit the base or the light up feature may not work properly. I just don’t want to go through that hassle to save me (and Sideshow) some time and headaches. With that said I've sent an email to Sideshow asking for a refund and packed the statue back to its box.

Question for those of you who have returned a statue to Sideshow due to a defective product, will Sideshow refund the shipping cost too? It cost me $111 for shipping, I would not be happy if they don't refund that as well.

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't satisfied with your piece. It seems you feel the same as I do with this piece. For 2k, you want to feel like it's worth it and more. Unfortunately, in person as it is, it doesn't represent the value that we spent on it. There is no way, this piece justifies it's price tag. I do feel it can be fixed, and in time I will source someone who can get the gold to look authentic. Everything breaks down, so repainting won't be too much of an issue. Of course, it should never have to come to us putting in more money and effort to get what we paid for initially. I won't rest until this piece looks like the one we saw at Legendary Studios.

As for refunding shipping costs, I'm not sure either. I will call them, I may have to get a replacement if mine doesn't stop it's flickering... Otherwise, I will be getting a refund also. That would be a colossal kick in the face if they sent you a damaged piece and it costs you in the end. Even if it did happen during shipping. I hope things turn up well, keep us posted.

you guys do realize the 1:2 maquette is used from the same molds as their concept maquette right? What you see on screen isn't meant to be a 100% copy on their concept maquettes. The maquettes get made before they even make the full suits I believe. This is the same deal with all Legacy maquettes that SS is producing with the LSF line. If you can't live with that or didn't know that to begin with, that's on you. The only thing I would have a hard time accepting is that awful base. You want something "screen" accurate, go elsewhere. If you want a piece of something used to produce the film, then this is it, with a crappy base.

Screen accuracy doesn't matter for a movie collectible now? Interesting new philosophy. :cuckoo:

Anyone who ordered this wanted the character as depicted on film /SSC prototype, not some busted conceptual mold that 5 production assistants held on set in the middle of no mans land and never saw the light of day. There are specific avenues for acquiring those types of props, and this is not even close to being it.

If that's Sideshow's new outlook, maybe it's time to rewrite their own bio found on their website. Specifically:

"With dedication to accuracy and artistry, Sideshow’s products are a unique offering of limited edition statues and busts, articulated figures, film prop replicas and fine art pieces."

"Our development team consists of expert artists, sculptors, model makers, painters and costumers whose combined efforts result in the creation of outstanding original designs and intricately detailed likenesses of popular characters from highly recognized brands such as Star Wars, Marvel, DC Comics, Alien & Predator, Terminator, The Lord of the Rings, G.I. Joe and many more."

"Because we have the same passion for quality and authenticity as our collectors, we’ve forged collaborative relationships with Hollywood filmmakers and special effect houses including Guillermo del Toro, Legacy Effects, Spectral Motion, Amalgamated Dynamics Inc. and KNB EFX."

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/about/

BS. There's no excusing the inaccurate paint color, lack of detail on the arc reactor and incorrect details around the neck by saying these statues aren't meant to be screen accurate. That sounds like an excuse from the Sideshow PR department and I'm not buying that this is the best they could do for $2k.

Paint and AR are better on the Neca.

2nsnsm0.jpg

I have that NECA 1/4 figure. I paid $89 shipped for it and I agree that both the paint color and arc reactor details are better than what you get for $2k from a Sideshow. Utterly inexcusable.

BS. There's no excusing the inaccurate paint color, lack of detail on the arc reactor and incorrect details around the neck by saying these statues aren't meant to be screen accurate. That sounds like an excuse from the Sideshow PR department and I'm not buying that this is the best they could do for $2k.

how is the paint inaccurate? The armor is dark red. The proto paint was inaccurate

Sideshow should scrap this Iron Man Mark VII LSF and come out with a kick ass Iron Man Mark I LSF to make up for this and get there long time fans back

Lol. Man. There are some guys tripping.

Okay bros, go get a 1:2 scale maquette authentic and licensed painted just the way you want it with no defects for 2k and change.

Come back here and post some pics and where you got it from. I'll be waiting. Reminder licensed now ...

Good luck with that ... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Man. There are some guys tripping.

Okay bros, go get a 1:2 scale maquette authentic and licensed painted just the way you want it with no defects for 2k and change.

Come back here and post some pics and where you got it from. I'll be waiting. Reminder licensed now ...

Good luck with that ... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, now the Sideshow apologists enter the fray.

Back