Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Iron man in today and all I can say is that....... I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap

2014-08-27 21.06.35 (1).jpg

Another thing is that my base doesn't look like the other ones with that rusty look, mine is light gray with some dark gray and I think it looks pretty good

2014-08-27 21.32.49.jpg

He was talking about the comparison of paint application and colour.
Plastic, resin, polystone, metal, etc... Doesn't matter. Paint is paint and can look good on any material.

Edit: Just read sarakawas quote... :exactly:

he's basically just saying that you cant compare HT to SSC statues cuz they are made of different materials. But, to me, paint is paint. HT does awesome paintjobs on their IM pieces and SSC does not. Really has nothing to do with what they are made of.

Asdf, ok lets reverse this...

I want to see try to do a 1:2 IM!!
Come on its a challenge! Lets all right to them and ask for it!

Come on guys!! By now you know HT is not even resin! I want HT to try to do a statue! Its nearly impossible to do at this scale and without issues.
You guys who collect want the best and I get it, but when it comes to statues its another process! HT can't be even in the same category as their use of material is different. You can't put HT next to a statue LOL, its like not even in the same planet

Sometimes they dont go with the same company, and do not use the same material they used before. Not even sure if they can. The economics of their business is only known to them.
They have multiple companies that do these IM, I have no idea which one has the contract for the IM 1:2 but I can't argue with the facts that for a $2K item the expectations are even higher. I am a big collector of IM, I also want my monies worth.
My comparison with HT is that the material and factory processes for them are vastly different. The paint for HT doesnt vary, they all look uniform and exact. This process can be done at any scale but I bet the expenses will not allow it for a HT 1:2 scale. I bet it would cost much more then any resin for us. Plus why would anyone even try as long as we buy these?
Also, at the end of the day its HT and feels plastic and has no weight or real substance. Not to say some of us care but I dont want a clear stick up my 1:2 behind when I am displaying it :)

I think as collectors, the first thing we notice especially with IM is how the red pops out. I believe if HT can get the license to make 1:2 and cost less than half of the SS LSF, and put a peg on ground so can stand properly. Minus the weight, anyone can just point out which would look better or eye catching. Don't really know the process of resin, plastic, etc so won't argue there. So I guess now we are to tolerate and accept paint work that is less than HT standard, and arc reactor with just sticker for $2 K product. :dunno If Imaginarium ARt, the other company that makes 1:2 Mark VII pulls off a better paint work, etc. I really don't see how anyone could still say SS is doing superb work for 2K product. Just my opinion =)

base doesn't look as bad as others seen, that's a bad sign, means they aren't even being consistent with the paint app. I like it though, will try and get it down the road under retail.

Received my Iron Man this afternoon and I'm going to go against everyone on this form. This thing is awesome. Totally has the wow factor when I look at it. I have no issues with this piece. The red looks good, the gold looks good, the eyes are fine and arc is fine. Ok so, a little more detail on the arc might have been nice but not a big deal for me. I saw this piece at comic con and the arc was plain then too. Anyone still waiting for theirs to come in don't think twice about it, this piece is amazing and worth every penny.

Got my Iron man in today and all I can say is that....... I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap

View attachment 130163

Another thing is that my base doesn't look like the other ones with that rusty look, mine is light gray with some dark gray and I think it looks pretty good

View attachment 130162

Massive congrats guys :clap glad to hear some positivity at last regarding this piece :) another week and mine will be here :yess:

The whole paint application varying from material to material is a very interesting subject. One that I've wondered for quite some time and still not sure of. I took some pics of the Hot Toys 1:6 again, trying to match the LSF's pose. I took two pictures, one with soft natural light, and the other with harsh beaming light. I noticed the matte gold gives light bounce much better than the super high gloss gold found on my LSF. One thing is for sure, the gold on the LSF should not be so wet, polished, and glossy...

^^Soft lighting^^

^^Hard Lighting^^

Also, this gives u a perspective of how nice the arc reactor detail could've been on the LSF.

If i keep this statue i will most likely redo the base and will try and do some thing with the Arc reactor.

If i keep this statue i will most likely redo the base and will try and do some thing with the Arc reactor.

Hey Dom, once I've hopefully completed the new Arc reactor design for my MKVII lifesize bust, i'll be using the same methods hopefully to recreate the same effect on the LSF too.....fingers crossed :pray:

Just some custom cabients to hold all my sideshow bust,and figures..Your Hall of armor is going to look SICK!!!!! Where can I buy that stark inc back drop?

Don't forget to post loads of pics of that cabinet Don :yess: that's gonna look pretty special mate :) Thanks for your kind words....just received the final layout plan from my friend who's building it for me and boy am I looking forward to it! If you can do me a favour....could you please measure the height and width of the statue for me? With the base included ;) I just wanted to see how accurate the measurements were compared to what's on the Sideshow website which is Width 23" and Height 39"...hopefully those are pretty accurate as I've based my Hall of Armour background on these measurements....to give you an idea of how big my display will be its going to be Height 46" x Width 28" :horror :horror

Hey Dom, once I've hopefully completed the new Arc reactor design for my MKVII lifesize bust, i'll be using the same methods hopefully to recreate the same effect on the LSF too.....fingers crossed :pray:

Don't forget to post loads of pics of that cabinet Don :yess: that's gonna look pretty special mate :) Thanks for your kind words....just received the final layout plan from my friend who's building it for me and boy am I looking forward to it! If you can do me a favour....could you please measure the height and width of the statue for me? With the base included ;) I just wanted to see how accurate the measurements were compared to what's on the Sideshow website which is Width 23" and Height 39"...hopefully those are pretty accurate as I've based my Hall of Armour background on these measurements....to give you an idea of how big my display will be its going to be Height 46" x Width 28" :horror :horror

39"Height
18" Top of base
19" Bottom of base (flares out on the bottom )

Back