Ironman Mark VII Legendary Scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the one pictured above the prototype? The final release looks no where near a $2000 product. Paintjob looks beyond disappointing at that price. Should be painted like the one seen above.

Yes, that's the Legacy prototype. If SS can't make a retail piece that looks lat least close to that they shouldn't offer the damn thing for sale in the first place.

that one was painted by Legacy. You will NEVER see a company paint a iron man like that.
It's very much possible which makes the final end product for this all the more disappointing to see. You can actually even see Sideshow attempting it on their Mark 42 life size bust. It's just a matte metallic paintjob. Instead they did what HT's always does which is give it a flat color and overlay it with a blanket of gloss.

400253_press01-001.jpg

It's very much possible which makes the final end product for this all the more disappointing to see. You can actually even see Sideshow attempting it on their Mark 42 life size bust. It's just a matte metallic paintjob. Instead they did what HT's always does which is give it a flat color and overlay it with a blanket of gloss.

400253_press01-001.jpg

That bust is another example of an absolutely beautiful prototype that will no doubt be ruined by one of their crappy paint jobs. I'd love to be proven wrong about that, but seriously donut I will be. :(

I'm not saying it's not possible to do, I'm saying SS won't put in the time to do it, nor will any other collectible company. People will still buy the product without it.

Double that! I enjoyed your voice over and thanks for sharing and showing the first look
Im torn as I know now I have to repaint the base already :(
I have a feeling the LSF line is not doing good. I am so sorry to see this not being at least better than the first MKIII. I say its about as equal now. Maybe when I get mine I will change my mind. But the WOW factor is now gone flat.

First of all thank you for you for the first pics and video about this piece.

Im a big Iron man fan, for me stay close the original not heavy armored mark iii, but everybody can hate me, but after this video i like the mark vii too.

First of all i like the assembly, the statue is not only a one big piece, easy to transporting and easy display on other place.

And if you have prob with any part, easy to ask replacement, because u need only replace the arm, leg etc..

I hate the mark iii statue because too heavy to move easy and stay only from a one big piece. This is why many arrived in broken condition.

Just posted up my unboxing. It's still rendering, so 1080p isn't available just yet, but will be soon. Thanks everyone!

https://youtu.be/oZ11woaKvV4

First pics convinced me for cancel,I have to think about,it hurts to see what SS can do and what could have been,definitely dosn't work the 2k.

I'm very worried because what they could do with doom LSF...

Congrats for the first owners

Last edited:
Just posted up my unboxing. It's still rendering, so 1080p isn't available just yet, but will be soon. Thanks everyone!

My friend, I'd just like to share the thoughts of my compadres and say a massive thank you for sharing your unboxing experience of the IM LSF :hi5: I found your review to be very well presented with great commentary...so well done to a great review :duff

Having watched the video through it's entirety I'm actually not as concerned as some are feeling at this moment in time. I'm
actually liking the colour tone of the suit and the way it's all put together. I think with all the damaged returns that sideshow experienced with their MKIII LSF (with it being all in one) the decision to split it into parts is a very good idea. The only concern for me at this stage would be the base as I think that certain parts of the colours are totally inconsistent and looks slightly odd in places but again, I would have to see this in person to determine whether it needs repainting or not.

Once again, thanks again for your great coverage throughout your experience...unfortunately us European customers of Sideshow recieved some bad news yesterday in that our deliveries have been delayed by a further 10-14 days due to packaging reasons :( so it's gonna still be sometime before I recieve mine...:(

Good review. I know what you mean about the color. The Mark VII bust has the same issue. It has this orangish glow to it. Not only that, the bust also has the same problem where you have to jiggle the head to get it to light up.

Once again, thanks again for your great coverage throughout your experience...unfortunately us European customers of Sideshow recieved some bad news yesterday in that our deliveries have been delayed by a further 10-14 days due to packaging reasons :( so it's gonna still be sometime before I recieve mine...:([/QUOTE]

Mine did not ship and I have recieved no email from sideshow even though they have charged me the final payment and $230 in shipping several days ago

How can they not send some communication re where this is at very very poor customer service :thud:

AWESOME unboxing/reviewing video. Now I understand why you kept us waiting yesterday (totally Worth it) :rotfl
Well done, well filmed, nice voice over (truly appreciated that instead of doing it while filming and a shaky cam) and you did a great job of not going into particular of yours and just showcasing this LSF. :hi5:

So, how am I feeling about this?
Scared... really scared... Got one on order via my local comic-book store so it will take a while before I get mine so I'll have plenty of time to see all you guys who ordered it unboxing theirs.
The colors, like Andy mentionned, isn't my biggest concern. The red is a darker tone than I remembered but at least it's not as bad as I first thought (pinkier than red). What bugs me is the Gold. The faceplate looks dull and flat...
The base looks cheap. Yeah... real cheap. I thought at this price we would get a nice matching dark grey as per prototype... seemed to be it was the easiest part to match the proto... :gah:

Also, the last thing is that seems like SS will have to deal with a LOT of returns and a LOT of exchange pieces since this LSF seems to have a lot of tiny defect everywhere. Paint chip, piece chip and all... ouch....

A bit repaint in the yellow areas with metalic paint ,this may work and repaint the base

The video calm down my concern,

A bit repaint in the yellow areas with metalic paint ,this may work and repaint the base

The video calm down my concern,

I don't I would bother Samuel...yes the gold parts are not metallic but I think deep down inside we expected this anyway...at least I did anyway :) I will leave mine as it is, I think it's as good as we're gonna get to be honest. The base on the other hand does need some fine detailing and more consistent paint apps throughout...

It's looking great though so I'm still pretty excited :)

AWESOME unboxing/reviewing video. Now I understand why you kept us waiting yesterday (totally Worth it) :rotfl
Well done, well filmed, nice voice over (truly appreciated that instead of doing it while filming and a shaky cam) and you did a great job of not going into particular of yours and just showcasing this LSF. :hi5:

So, how am I feeling about this?
Scared... really scared... Got one on order via my local comic-book store so it will take a while before I get mine so I'll have plenty of time to see all you guys who ordered it unboxing theirs.
The colors, like Andy mentionned, isn't my biggest concern. The red is a darker tone than I remembered but at least it's not as bad as I first thought (pinkier than red). What bugs me is the Gold. The faceplate looks dull and flat...
The base looks cheap. Yeah... real cheap. I thought at this price we would get a nice matching dark grey as per prototype... seemed to be it was the easiest part to match the proto... :gah:

Also, the last thing is that seems like SS will have to deal with a LOT of returns and a LOT of exchange pieces since this LSF seems to have a lot of tiny defect everywhere. Paint chip, piece chip and all... ouch....

Yours will be fine Marc :) I think it looks great from the last set of pics from Mamba and the vid review from CowboyTsunami...keep that chin up,and stay excited bro :rock

anaqy3yj.jpg

Yours will be fine Marc :) I think it looks great from the last set of pics from Mamba and the vid review from CowboyTsunami...keep that chin up,and stay excited bro :rock
Don't you worry my friend, I'm still excited like back in 1986 while waiting for my NES as a child but as I said, I'm really scared of any defect or chip.

It will be a great display piece!!!

Back