New DC Collectibles action figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's probably going to focus on the New 52 more than anything, for right now. I do hope we see a few different lines, though. I'd love one based on Francis Manapul's art.

Those packages are beautiful, the good review I just wish it had clearer pics.

I hope they continue with the trend and release a Capullo Superman, or better yet, a Rockafort Superman, I desperately need a new Superman.

No love for Rags Morales?

Some Francis Manapul figures would be awesome. Right now, my most wanted 52 figures are the zero year batman and action comic #1 Superman. Did someone post pics of the new Constantine figure?

No love for Rags Morales?

Are you kidding me? Of course lots of love for him, he made one of my most favoritest Superman versions ever, jeans/boots/tshirt Supes is awesome :rock

I'd love to see a figure of that Superman, he's the reason I started customizing figures, I actually made a Rags Morales Superman in ThreeA style, it was my first custom.

Let me whore out my creations :lol

Attachments

• 65387_696417760390014_995783456_n.jpg
    65387_696417760390014_995783456_n.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Are you kidding me? Of course lots of love for him, he made one of my most favoritest Superman versions ever, jeans/boots/tshirt Supes is awesome :rock

I'd love to see a figure of that Superman, he's the reason I started customizing figures, I actually made a Rags Morales Superman in ThreeA style, it was my first custom.

Wait, he's the one responsible for the action comic Superman with the t shirt and jeans? :thud: I had no idea :lol That and the Zero year Bats are my most wanted figures. I don't get why DCC hasn't made that version yet?

Let me whore out my creations :lol

65387_696417760390014_995783456_n.jpg

I really dig those man, very interesting looking figures. Well done!

Wait, he's the one responsible for the action comic Superman with the t shirt and jeans? :thud: I had no idea :lol That and the Zero year Bats are my most wanted figures. I don't get why DCC hasn't made that version yet?

I'm almost certain he is, I refer to that Supes as Rags Morales's Supes, even when I was making my figure, and no one ever corrected me :lol

There's actually a DCC Statue called Rags Morales Superman, you can see the name at the bottom of the box:

ragmorales_zpscb453778.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I probably should've included an emoticon of some sort, but I knew that you were a big fan of the Morrison Action stuff and I figured I'd bust your chops for including Rockafort and not Morales.:lol I followed your customs but never saw the finished works; those are awesome, Gaspar!:rock

Yeah, I probably should've included an emoticon of some sort, but I knew that you were a big fan of the Morrison Action stuff and I figured I'd bust your chops for including Rockafort and not Morales.:lol I followed your customs but never saw the finished works; those are awesome, Gaspar!:rock

:lol I got that though, yeah he's currently one of my favorite artists, I also like Jae Lee's art, very different from the usual stuff.

Thanks man :hi5:

:lol You know, when Romita Jr came up with his design I liked it even defended it, remember? But now I don't like it that much, I mean I think it's ok for a cover or 2 but I wouldn't want it for a steady diet.

I don't think he's that bad, but, at the same time, I think it's kind of hilarious how DC is hyping it up like he's Alex Ross or something. "WE GOT ROMITA ON SUPERMAN! BUY OUR BOOK! AS IF WE DON'T HAVE DOZENS OF MORE TALENTED ARTISTS WORKING HERE WITHOUT FAMOUS DADS.:lol"

One thing I'll give DC, though, is that, for all of their detractors, I don't know, I feel like there's a new energy with the New 52; like they've revitalized these books. Just take covers, for example. You look at stuff like Lemire's Green Arrow, Manapul's Detective, Chiang's Wonder Woman, and Capullo's Batman, and the books just literally pop off the shelves. There's a very "outside the box" feel to it, and it's almost like they're approaching them from a graphic designer's perspective, rather than, simply, a comic book artists. I think it was Manapul who said he was doing that for Detective, but I really think it rings true for a lot of DC's books.

Indeed, art wise there are plenty of good things to look at recently, but reading the detractors opinions on their facebook page bums me out every time, they literally don't let them experiment at all, they forget that they characters they love are the products of experimentation in the 1st place.

I couldn't agree more. There are certain creative choices I may not always agree with, but I think it's important to let the creators do their jobs and tell the stories they want to tell.

Back