SSC Storm Shadow (V2) Assassin 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMAG0996_1.jpgAdded a second sheath to hold both blades.

As some people have been mentioning I also had a problem with the bow. Then last night I finally got the wheels to turn and as soon as I drew it back one of them broke right off. Luckily I have another bow lying around I can use.

Just noticed all these posts about the bow, I got mine really early on and had the same problem. I think it's where there's supposed to be a dot of superglue on each string knot. Someone must have put too much on the top cam pieces because mine wouldn't move. I contacted SS and they sent me a replacement which is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time poster, long time lurker, and first time owner of a Sideshow GI Joe 1/6 scale figure.

m_ssc storm shadow.jpg

I am definitely enjoying my initial foray into SC GI Joe figures...this may be the beginning of a new addiction!

Yes, that is a Compaq CRT monitor in the background...please don't judge me!

I would also like to know what is meant by "water treating". If it does shrink the clothing a bit, I'd love to give it a try with my Storm Shadow's clothing. I find that the uniform is just slightly too large.

On a different, but still clothing related note, I really like how the wire within the hood allows some very nice posing ability with that particular part of the clothing.

m_sc ss hood3.jpg

m_sc ss hood4.jpg

m_sc ss hood5.jpg

imo Water treating = Put a bit of water in a spray bottle and lightly mist the clothes while on the model. The water will add weight to the fabric, pull it in closer to the body and then air dry with what looks like a tighter fit.

Does anyone else have issues with the claws? The front of the claw is missing paint across all three. I sent an email to Sideshow and they told me too bad, if you don't like it return it. :/

Ordered this yesterday morning. This will be my first G.I. Joe figure. Storm Shadow was always my favorite. I'm bummed that I missed the V1. That would've been fun to modify. I loved the V2 action figure from RAH, and although there are quite a few differences between that one and this one, it still looks great.

Fortunately, I only live about an hour or two from Sideshow, and the figure is out for delivery now!

I'm happy to get my first Joe!

Hey guys

Finally got mine. honestly im a lil half and half about him.
Its great that sideshow stuffed the box with lots of gear and finally gave us a working solution for stowing the sword on the back.

I just cant get over the head sculpt, I really don't love that the eyes are too close together and too big it irritates me.
So this is just me playing with a possible solution, a small word of caution this head has a deeper recess than Storm shadows head and thus does not fit securely on the neck.

I also plan on rolling up his sleaves a bit to get away from the perfect clean cut look.

Head is from the Black dragon ninja, who also has a set of unguarded hands for those that may want to pose Storm shadow without his wrsitguards/gauntlets.

pictures are relatively un futz'd

Storm sshadow balck dragon head.JPG

Storm sshadow balck dragon head 2.JPG

outta interest I just thought i'd put these here incase no ones tried it.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have issues with the claws? The front of the claw is missing paint across all three. I sent an email to Sideshow and they told me too bad, if you don't like it return it. :/

That's SideShow for ya! :tap

**** that. Call again, talk to someone else.

Back