SSC Storm Shadow (V2) Assassin 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a nice pic. Kinda hides the (what I feel) weaknesses of the sculpt.

There was a pic posted earlier with a plane in it that was pretty cool as well.

It's not as bad as people make it ... but it's not as coool as I'd like it to be. The eyes look weird. And the chin is tooo boxy.

Was considering doing a mod to the eyes to give it a lens-like appearance (see image below), but I've gotten used to the eyes over time. Still might try it to see how it looks. Head construction seems like it would be easy to do:

ScreenShot2014-04-18at13749AM_zpsd708febf.png

That's a great pose buddy, I might end up copying it and I hope you wont mind :)

So, are the knees not as frustrating as the previous releases?

Gopher it. And as always. It's stiff and ratchet like. Sometime I'm amazed that it can stand on its own two feet.

Awesome pose. I also love how almost everyone's Storm Shadow has a different gear load out.

Thanks. More to come. As promise. I've been playing with a lot last night.

Hey, anyone having trouble with the bow? The parts don't wanna seem to move when I pull back. Any trick to it?

I'm having the same issue. Thus far I haven't really displayed him with the bow because Zartan already sports it, but regardless, there seem to be some QC problems.

Hey, anyone having trouble with the bow? The parts don't wanna seem to move when I pull back. Any trick to it?

Are you sure the strings are in all of the correct places? Sometimes the string pops out of the crevice in the circular rotating parts on the tops and bottom of the bow. That's what my initial problem was.

Are you sure the strings are in all of the correct places? Sometimes the string pops out of the crevice in the circular rotating parts on the tops and bottom of the bow. That's what my initial problem was.

Not really. I did have that problem and yeah, I corrected that but over all. Nothing moves when I try to pull back the string. Are the wheels on each end supposed to turn? If so, that's not happening for me.

Even without the strings in place, the wheel parts should be able to rotate. Perhaps the glue is a little too thick on it. They do seem to glue the string at the center of those wheels, which might get onto the actual point of rotation. Might take a little heat and some light force to rotate it. Check the center pin of the wheel and see if there is excess glue or not.

Even without the strings in place, the wheel parts should be able to rotate. Perhaps the glue is a little too thick on it. They do seem to glue the string at the center of those wheels, which might get onto the actual point of rotation. Might take a little heat and some light force to rotate it. Check the center pin of the wheel and see if there is excess glue or not.

Yeah, the wheels don't move. I don't have the bow in hand right now. I'm trying to recall from memory. I wish they used some elastic twine or something. :lol

Crap, reading about these QC issues with the bows make me wished i had kept my two extra Zartan bows.

Crap, reading about these QC issues with the bows make me wished i had kept my two extra Zartan bows.

Just me and one other person. I dunno if GB had it. Or anyone else for that matter. And plus it's my first time with one of these bows so I dunno how to handle 'em.

Just got this figure. The arm color is way too dark for the V1 head. By the pics I couldn't tell how dark he is. He is dark, the face on mine is almost grey.

Yeah, that surprised me the most as well. I posted that a few pages back when I got him. People should be aware that his skin is much darker than expected. It's as if he's been in the cold for awhile and has lost blood circulation. Lighted pictures and displays do a good job of brightening it up though.

Just picked this one up from a local lil shop down the street. This is a fresh look to such an iconic figure... My Second Joe from Sideshow.

Back