SSC Storm Shadow (V2) Assassin 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice! yea..im gonna ditch the vest too...dont need no stinking vest..he's a ninja....lol...

speaking of SS...

toy anx just parted out storm shadow v2..if anyone is looking for loose parts..

Last edited:
I like SS without the vest--I'll mess around with mine when I get it but that may be the look I use.

Is there any way to stow the bow behind him? I like the accessory but I think I'd like to pose him with other weapons. It would be a nice throwback to the original if the bow could be stored behind him.

I like SS without the vest--I'll mess around with mine when I get it but that may be the look I use.

Is there any way to stow the bow behind him? I like the accessory but I think I'd like to pose him with other weapons. It would be a nice throwback to the original if the bow could be stored behind him.

There is no where to hook the bow per say, but if you went without the back pack, think you could loop the scabbard through the bow so it stayed on his back.

Just received mine :) out of the box the knees are easier to move than the Zartan and CC. I've had to contact Sideshow as the bow is knackered though :( looks like the bottom pivot has been glued solid (By accident?) so that if you draw the string back the guide wheels don't do anything other than warp up. Definately a nice figure though. Worth noting that you get the older style figure stand that goes around the waist. I assume this is because the figure has baggy fighting trousers and it would distort if the new crotch stand was used.

EDIT: Sideshow are sending me out a new Bow

Just received mine :) out of the box the knees are easier to move than the Zartan and CC. I've had to contact Sideshow as the bow is knackered though :( looks like the bottom pivot has been glued solid (By accident?) so that if you draw the string back the guide wheels don't do anything other than warp up. Definately a nice figure though. Worth noting that you get the older style figure stand that goes wround the waist. I assume this is because the figure has baggy fighting trousers and it would distort if the new crotch stand was used.

Very good news about the knees . Thanks for the info .

I picked up mine over my lunch hour today... so I only had about 10 or so minutes with him, but so far I'm very impressed. I'll be putting up a review tomorrow or so.

I think it's already been confirmed, but the exclusive is a full second sword... not just a hilt like some had initially thought. So an identical blade, but a different hilt for each.

They say it's the promethious body . version 2.0 .
Zartan was 1.4 promethious . So I'm guessing it's much improved .

Best news is the body is very good on this one... I have a Zartan body for a custom and it's floppy as hell. I did a shake test on Storm Shadow and nothing moved and even happier to report that the knees work very well. I believe there is a ratchet (I can feel a small ticking) but it does not hamper poses like the original ratchets... I'd say it's one of the better quality bodies Sideshow has turned out and definitely no complaints on it like I had with newest Cobra Commander.

I picked up mine over my lunch hour today... so I only had about 10 or so minutes with him, but so far I'm very impressed. I'll be putting up a review tomorrow or so.

I think it's already been confirmed, but the exclusive is a full second sword... not just a hilt like some had initially thought. So an identical blade, but a different hilt for each.

Best news is the body is very good on this one... I have a Zartan body for a custom and it's floppy as hell. I did a shake test on Storm Shadow and nothing moved and even happier to report that the knees work very well. I believe there is a ratchet (I can feel a small ticking) but it does not hamper poses like the original ratchets... I'd say it's one of the better quality bodies Sideshow has turned out and definitely no complaints on it like I had with newest Cobra Commander.

Great news !!! Been waiting for this . I'm ordering now !!' Thanks

Can I ask a bit of a fiddly question? Could someone please check their Storm shadow compound bow, in particular the 2 tension wheels (Cams), Is the upper one glued so it doesn't move? I have the Zartan figure and both cams definately move on the small pins. Mine has come glued and it seems to be at the wrong angle so the strings are all super tight, the whole upper "Limb" is pulled to one side because of it.

Can I ask a bit of a fiddly question? Could someone please check their Storm shadow compound bow, in particular the 2 tension wheels (Cams), Is the upper one glued so it doesn't move? I have the Zartan figure and both cams definately move on the small pins. Mine has come glued and it seems to be at the wrong angle so the strings are all super tight, the whole upper "Limb" is pulled to one side because of it.

I found the bottom cam on mine did not move when I first pulled the string, but then when I worked the cam a bit it loosened up and then moved with the top one if I drew the string back. It sounds like you've got a damaged one.

Great news !!! Been waiting for this . I'm ordering now !!' Thanks

Glad I could help :duff

I found the bottom cam on mine did not move when I first pulled the string, but then when I worked the cam a bit it loosened up and then moved with the top one if I drew the string back. It sounds like you've got a damaged one.

Glad I could help :duff

Are you sure that you didn't shear off the pin by working the cam? Does the pin turn with the cam or does it run freely over it? I reckon mine has been glued by accident, sideshow are saying it's supposed to be glued but I'm not convinced! You can't pose the figure with the string drawn back else the whole thing distorts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to get my fat faced storm shadow.

head.jpg

Can't wait to get my fat faced storm shadow.

head.jpg

Every time I see a picture of Tommy Arishikage's fat face, I stop myself from ordering him. Too bad. Everything else is nearly perfect.

Does the EX only come with one sheath, or do both swords come with sheaths?

Every time I see a picture of Tommy Arishikage's fat face, I stop myself from ordering him. Too bad. Everything else is nearly perfect.

I don't think it's too bad nor terrible. :lol

I managed to find a way to store all the weapons on SS. His clawed hand and the one holding the ninja star are in his backpack as well.

Attachments

• IMAG0986_1.jpg
    IMAG0986_1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 277

The face didn't look fat in person, maybe being white it just looks broad when photographed :huh

And he just comes with one sheath.

Are you sure that you didn't shear off the pin by working the cam? Does the pin turn with the cam or does it run freely over it? I reckon mine has been glued by accident, sideshow are saying it's supposed to be glued but I'm not convinced! You can't pose the figure with the string drawn back else the whole thing distorts!

I don't believe I sheared anything off... I'm not sure what the intial problem was, but after the one freed up both moved smoothly when the bow was drawn.

Back