1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if that picture is a gross exaggeration, there should not have been that kind of deviation from the initial sculpt. They would be crazy to attempt that process with Han and Luke. Why butcher a success on this level just to avoid having to paint eyes?

George-Takei-oh-my.jpg

It's not really bait and switch when the product is still in prototype form and they update their photos to production pieces when the item goes on sale. In the case of pre-orders this can get tricky with timing, but it's always possible to cancel - or wait until the product is released before purchasing.

In this case I will agree with you because they've released the figure but have not updated their photos to show the production figure. The prototype has a completely different head and hair sculpt. And while I know the production figure doesn't look as bad as that photo (I looked thoroughly through the thread a few weeks ago), it's still inexcusable to be showing prototype pictures after a figure's release.

But no one updates their photos with production product pics almost ever?
Hot toys do every now and then but that's only when their prototype gets criticism and they actually improve things quickly before production. (A recent example was the hair length on The Crow)

I can't think of a Sideshow example where they happily show everyone their sub standard factory paint work in sales pics.

Even going through the Drake thread now, with people sharing their pics, none of them look that bad. OP of that photo was seriously TRYING to make the figure look bad.

I think the new/final sculpt can be photographed well, but it's definitely not the same as the prototype (which was itself very different from the video game character). It would behoove Sideshow to update product images when the final product does not precisely match the prototype. It's all fine to show and preview a prototype and say that there may be differences in the final production. But it's not OK to continue to display those images once the final has shipped. That's just false advertising and no post-script nor fine print can really make it better. In the grand scheme of things, new photos are a cheap fix.

Damn, that's going to look ridiculous if you pose both Luke and Han together. I can't believe they screwed this up. It's like the droids all over again.

hantaun.jpg

Back