1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I concur. It's been a trend with Sideshow for the last few years. Push backs to the end of the year, rarely past december 31st.

Good. I'd like to start my Hothness already.

Really curious to see how this one turns out. If the likeness isn't there, I'm hoping the EX head will cover me.

I've got the HT Luke like everyone else so, for me, that can stand as LUKE on my shelf. Other Lukes are really for the different outfits, so I don't really mind covering the face with goggles in this case.

That said, I would like to see Sideshow turn out a great Luke sculpt worthy of the sculptor's efforts and not buried behind cheap paint. There's plenty of room to get a better Hamill than what HT did.

I don't really mind covering the face with goggles in this case.

WOT? Trevor's prototype sculpt is miles better than what Hot Toys previewed (and released) - if anything THIS should be your Luke, provided the quality makes it through to production. ;)

There's plenty of room to get a better Hamill than what HT did.

Now you're talking.

Trevor's prototype sculpt is miles better....

On which sculpt are we talking? Prototype, yes for all. But I have no good in-hand Sideshow Luke head at the moment. We'll see what happens to Luke this time.

Old Tatooine Luke showed great promise, as did Stormtrooper Luke, but both were ravaged by bad paint apps.

On which sculpt are we talking?

Echo Base/Hoth - photos from SDCC plus the product promo photos.

Old Tatooine Luke showed great promise, as did Stormtrooper Luke, but both were ravaged by bad paint apps.

I've seen some decent repaints on the older Luke sculpts, but none of them bring the sculpt to the level of the Hoth example, IMO. Anyway, just saying that Trevor's Hoth Luke sculpt is a better likeness of Hamill than Hot Toys Bespin Luke. :)

I've seen some decent repaints on the older Luke sculpts, but none of them bring the sculpt to the level of the Hoth example, IMO. Anyway, just saying that Trevor's Hoth Luke sculpt is a better likeness of Hamill than Hot Toys Bespin Luke. :)

HT Luke is a rather glam version of actual Mark Hamill, I agree. I do like the battle damaged one best, and its the one I refer to when I say HT Luke although most people probably think I mean the glam clean one. I put the clean hair on the BD face and its looks terrific.

But yes, Hoth Luke shows the most promise yet... I'm just so shell-shocked from SS paint apps that I'm preparing myself for having to use the BD face with goggles on for it to resemble Luke Hoth. :lol

I bashed a Jedi Luke with SS outfit and a Hot Toys body. No way I am using the stock head, so I need the Echo unmasked headsculpt to look good. Headless Luke has been on display for atleast half a year now, guess Vader won. :wink1:

Doesn't the new head process start with a flesh-colored material to minimize painting? That's gotta help.

Anyhoo, looking forward to getting an extra unhelmeted head to upgrade my SS Bespin Luke.

Another size comparison heh, here's the SS website display vs. a Redditor's visit to the Star Wars prop exhibit.

hBTa1j4.jpg

oMxVTbW.jpg

Back