1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys want to have a good laugh, take a look at Sideshow's Terminator T2 figures from old against what HT offers now. Makes such a good example.

T800-1-SS.jpg

fark_fp6uKxpN-5U5RnwOXX_v90bPDLo.jpg

:lol:rotfl

Come on.. I'm sure people thought that thing was rubbish when it came out.

No point to prove with that figure at all. :lol

That is the point. It had its issues, but people liked it here. Some didn't I'm sure -- there's always detractors that say it isn't good enough at the time. Then you see their collections and what they feel IS good enough rarely is. It's all relative.

I remember being a lowly rebelscum lurker and seeing a link to the utterly "lifelike" Jedi Luke in 2006. I was hooked on high end 1/6 and 1/4 from then on. Of course those figures from 8 years ago are anything but high end now. $49.99. Ah the good old days . :lol

:lol

See. High End is definitely relative.

Wonder what the future holds....?

Fast forward to 2022: "Hey remember when we thought Hoth Luke was so awesome? Back when figures were only $200? Ah the good old days...."

People still think certain Star Wars Hasbro figures "hold up pretty well". Usually thats because there's nothing to compare it to -- like the rest of the Bounty Hunter crew, or some of the droids.

I'm not saying that our HT stuff is going to look crappy in 10 years... but it will look dated and more toy-like, like the Toys McCoy Indy does now (at one time that was a holy grail for collectors paying $600 or more in 2003-2004). Now it sells only for its nostalgia value, not for its accuracy.

That is the future of your toys. Their value will be determined by its nostalgia factor and availability. Unfortunately, most everyone here's collection is anything but rare and hard to find.

Fast forward to 2022: "Hey remember when we thought Hoth Luke was so awesome? Back when figures were only $200? Ah the good old days...."

Fast forward to six months from now: "Hey remember when we thought Hoth Luke prototype looked amazing and Sideshow sent of this crap!"

:lecture

Yeah, we just have no concept of what the future holds. For all we know technology will eventually advance to allow for figures that look like *literal* human representations in 1/6 scale then the very best figures today will look like junk. :lol

People still think certain Star Wars Hasbro figures "hold up pretty well".

And I think many of the Kenner figures from 77-85 hold up pretty well. Much better than many of the POTF2 Hasbro (under "Kenner" brand) stuff from 1995-1998.

People still think certain Star Wars Hasbro figures "hold up pretty well". Usually thats because there's nothing to compare it to -- like the rest of the Bounty Hunter crew, or some of the droids.

Well, to be fair, certain Hasbro figures DO hold up pretty well.

4lomlowqual8.png

Until you see SS or HT do their version. That's my point. Hold up IG-88 Hasbro to Sideshow. Or Bossk.

Granted robots and monsters will look better than their human likenesses, again because the source material is pretty hokey to begin with. Halloween masks mostly.

You guys want to have a good laugh, take a look at Sideshow's Terminator T2 figures from old against what HT offers now. Makes such a good example.

T800-1-SS.jpg

in the movie you see him scanning the bikers for someone his size, to take the clothes from.

I guess that option wasn't available in the Sideshow version...

Back