Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. You can heat it up a lot and remove the inner plug then pull the eye plate. I only detached an area behind the ears to remove the insides.

Heat the head with a extremely hot water.
Put my right thumb inside the jaw and left inside the hair and slowly pulled them apart.
I think I used pliers to pull the connector out but not sure.
Then pulled the eye plate with pliers by pulling the bottom of the plate away from the face to break it loose.

Maybe. Didn't think to much about it while it was happening.

Just look for the seams. Ive taken apart quite a few heads and theyre all relatively easy aside from too much glue issues. My pak cyborg ninja and raiden were murder with the glue but just look at the end result.

e2uvyvav.jpg

eda8a6aj.jpg

Heat the head with a extremely hot water.
Put my right thumb inside the jaw and left inside the hair and slowly pulled them apart.
I think I used pliers to pull the connector out but not sure.
Then pulled the eye plate with pliers by pulling the bottom of the plate away from the face to break it loose.

Maybe. Didn't think to much about it while it was happening.

Mine was glued with super/crazy/cyanoacrylate glue, which isn't really effected/softened by hot water unfortunately. And they used tonnes of the stuff.
Thought you sliced some of yours off Robbie?
I thought I saw scalpel marks on the hair? Or was that from something else?

I know I had to use a knife on mine.

Last edited:
Yeah that's the mold seam. I would guess the plan was to have the seam run with the hair line to mask it but they screwed up and ran it just above.

Once again factory **** up.

Glad you guys like my mod! Did a little more painting on mine's face and also darkened the hair a little. Don't know if the differences are that obvious in the photos, but thought I'd share. :)

14365011877_989f2841d6_c.jpg

14364872708_8887f54e86_c.jpg

14364807020_89b4221751_c.jpg

14528391526_b829ddfc98_c.jpg

14571582483_46d1c489b1_c.jpg

14364804610_fd4fb706cf_c.jpg

From what I can tell from your pics, the neck looks about right (i.e. a little longer than it should be, but the same as everyone else's)
Thanks I've decided not to send it back. Put it in the box again and tease my self a little more before opening it again lol. Btw great work on your drake! Yours and robbie really stands out among the drakes posted here :clap

Yeah, they do look nice. I think I'm going to take a crack at mine when I get home. I'm going to take it slow though, as I've never taken apart a head before.

Well mine was an absolute ***** to mod, they must of used 20 bottles of super super super glue to have his hair and eyes in... I'll get a pic up later.

Here's a PSA to anybody trying the mod: Watch your thumb.

My inner fingernail bleed due to trying to pop off parts, especially glued-on hair. It's super painful, so please loosen up the parts first.

I'm having trouble getting the stock on the gun to fold. Namely, it's not. Is there some trick to it? (a latch or lever I'm missing?)

Back