Premium Format Red Skull Premium Format #2 - 2013 version-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
true but the old one cost me $264 I think, this new one after shipping is $410.

Quite a big difference for a so-so character. I like how it looks don't get me wrong but If I did have a Captain America I wouldn't have ordered this.

I need a Cap and the new one looks great with the new Red Skull. Moving forward I wouldn't splurge on a character Im impartial with unless it's X-MEN related.

Thx btw

Last edited:

Quite a big difference for a so-so character. I like how it looks don't get me wrong but If I did have a Captain America I wouldn't have ordered this.

I need a Cap and the new one looks great with the new Red Skull. Moving forward I wouldn't splurge on a character Im impartial with unless it's X-MEN related.

Thx btw

Yeah that's a big difference in price. When you look back at some of the prices of the old grails SS put out back in the day it's quite depressing :lol

But yeah I know inflation

Thx btw

I gotcha, I'm a little more Partial to Red Skull, he's in my top 5 Marvel Villains, so he's a bit important to me and I actually like these head sculpts better than the original, though it is a great piece in it's own right. Now onward! To Doom and hopefully Thanos, Mephisto and Loki in the near Future.

in other news, the Guardians of the Galaxy figures FINALLY popped up here in Canada.

Nova is my favorite figure so far.

Far better than the previous release

nova-nemesis.jpg

vs

new one

124.jpg

X-MEN Toys R Us exclusives are plentiful here, I heard that the distributor is cutting down stock for other retail chain outlets in the states... sucks cus the sculpt on these new figures is great. Usually priced at $24.99 but I think if you buy the set it comes down to $14.99 each (until sale over)

View attachment 130156
"This place has outlasted it's usefulness. As have you." Now Red Skull didn't say this but it sounds like he would:)
"You could have the power of the gods! Yet you wear a flag on your chest and think you fight a battle of nations! I have seen the future, Captain! There are no flags!"

I'm a little more Partial to Red Skull, he's in my top 5 Marvel Villains, so he's a bit important to me and I actually like these head sculpts better than the original, though it is a great piece in it's own right. Now onward! To Doom and hopefully Thanos, Mephisto and Loki in the near Future.

Same here. He's in my top 5 too (Thanos, Magneto, Apocalypse, and Doctor Doom round out the rest). The only other villain I'm looking to add to them is Green Goblin. Those 6 are the Marvel villains I need for my collection in 1/4 scale.

I'm very glad SSC revisited the Red Skull. The 1st PF looked good but I just didn't like the head sculpt. With the new PF, I'm digging both head sculpts. I'll have a steady rotation of both head sculpts going on with the new PF. I love the fact that this piece can have a modern or old school feel just by switching up the portraits on it.

Between XM and SSC, I can possibly have my top 5 villains completed within less than a year. XM is offering up Mags and Thanos while SSC has Red Skull, Apocalypse, and Dr. Doom covered. I went from having none of these characters a year ago to being able to cross them all off my list in the very near future. Now, I just need a kick ass Green Goblin for my collection and I'm all good.

Same here. He's in my top 5 too (Thanos, Magneto, Apocalypse, and Doctor Doom round out the rest). The only other villain I'm looking to add to them is Green Goblin. Those 6 are the Marvel villains I need for my collection in 1/4 scale.

I'm very glad SSC revisited the Red Skull. The 1st PF looked good but I just didn't like the head sculpt. With the new PF, I'm digging both head sculpts. I'll have a steady rotation of both head sculpts going on with the new PF. I love the fact that this piece can have a modern or old school feel just by switching up the portraits on it.

Between XM and SSC, I can possibly have my top 5 villains completed within less than a year. XM is offering up Mags and Thanos while SSC has Red Skull, Apocalypse, and Dr. Doom covered. I went from having none of these characters a year ago to being able to cross them all off my list in the very near future. Now, I just need a kick ass Green Goblin for my collection and I'm all good.

Thanos is about the only XM piece I think is worth picking up from a sculpt perspective so far. Everything I see on the others makes me question it. Then again, after hearing what some paid for the Hulk shipped, anywhere from $750 to $900, I'll just wait for Sideshow. I have a feeling Loki and Thanos are on Sideshow's radar for the next couple years...my last villain, Mephisto...well that might be a while.

My #074 arrived yesterday. The coat is very wrinkled. Any easy tips on how to fix that?

Otherwise, he's pretty neat. I prefer the ex sculpt but GF likes the teeth so regular wins if it means I can keep him. I honestly am not sure how long he stays in my collection though. I will wait till Cap arrives before making a final decision.

Thanos is about the only XM piece I think is worth picking up from a sculpt perspective so far. Everything I see on the others makes me question it. Then again, after hearing what some paid for the Hulk shipped, anywhere from $750 to $900, I'll just wait for Sideshow. I have a feeling Loki and Thanos are on Sideshow's radar for the next couple years...my last villain, Mephisto...well that might be a while.

XM's Mags, Hawkeye, Phoenix, and Thanos all got me. For me personally, all 4 of those are excellent sculpts in my book (even though I'm not picking all of them up). I was lucky enough that a good friend helped me secure Mags. Now I'm just waiting on finished pics of Thanos to make a decision on that piece. I'm just thrilled to already have Red Skull and Apocalypse already. It's great to be able to start chipping away at my Marvel villains list. I had none of them just a short time ago.

I can understand wanting to wait to see what SSC is going to do with Thanos (or any other characters). XM is pretty pricey for most collectors and it's not like SSC doesn't know how to release a great looking statue when they put their minds to it. That said, some pieces just blow me away. Mags was one of those pieces. Thanos is starting to look like another one of those statues too. Whether I break down and get XM'S Thanos or not, I'm just very glad my list is getting a lot shorter very quickly. Some great sculpts coming out from both companies is inching me closer to the finish line.

My #074 arrived yesterday. The coat is very wrinkled. Any easy tips on how to fix that?

Otherwise, he's pretty neat. I prefer the ex sculpt but GF likes the teeth so regular wins if it means I can keep him. I honestly am not sure how long he stays in my collection though. I will wait till Cap arrives before making a final decision.
Just play with it, iron it with your hands and by putting it natural looking folds and stuff. You'll get it. Mine was wrinkled too and now he looks amazing like his coat is flowing in the wind

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Just play with it, iron it with your hands and by putting it natural looking folds and stuff. You'll get it. Mine was wrinkled too and now he looks amazing like his coat is flowing in the wind

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

But, he could go blind!

Just opened up my Ex statue and unfortunately it arrived with a broken hand. #160/500. Already sent pictures to show the break.
I guess the Allies have already won.

Back