1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not done much 1/6 lately, but finally pulled Destro from the box and decided to have a go at him.
Cut off the long coat, added the chest belt, put him on an Athletic, and swapped out hands with modified Iron Man Mk II hands (added strips of styrene to create card art effect).
I put pocketless pants because I always loved how they had that 'puffy' look to them.
I scratchbuilt a holster and pistol. Was going to try to holster the breakdown laser, but that thing is HUGE!
A few other details and here is what I have to show for it.
It needs some 'futzing' (especially 'crotchal region'), but overall, I like the changes I made and will probably not do much else with him for now.

I did not want to add the neck ring. In the comics, it looked like a two-piece removable mask. I'm not sure how the neck piece would be functional, so for now- no neck ring.
I may modify the mask to make the raised rivets into flush-mounted fasteners.
Thanks for looking.

10373813_10202259310034705_2756759610759167440_n.jpg
10492478_10202259395916852_8355313085303291724_n.jpg
Im probably going to back over chrome neck with a darker silver.

Now that is going above and beyond. Great job there. :clap :goodpost:

I've not done much 1/6 lately, but finally pulled Destro from the box and decided to have a go at him.
Cut off the long coat, added the chest belt, put him on an Athletic, and swapped out hands with modified Iron Man Mk II hands (added strips of styrene to create card art effect).
I put pocketless pants because I always loved how they had that 'puffy' look to them.
I scratchbuilt a holster and pistol. Was going to try to holster the breakdown laser, but that thing is HUGE!
It needs some 'futzing' (especially 'crotchal region'), but overall, I like the changes I made and will probably not do much else with him for now.

I did not want to add the neck ring. In the comics, it looked like a two-piece removable mask. I'm not sure how the neck piece would be functional, so for now- no neck ring.
Thanks for looking.

Force28x;6973700 [URL=https://s139.photobucket.com/user/DarthKuk/media/20140705_205010_zps2800774c.jpg.html said:

Really great job! Still updated look but with a little more card art style. Nice!

Thanks for looking.

Very cool mods
View attachment 121561
View attachment 121562
Im probably going to back over chrome neck with a darker silver.

Not a bad start collar needs work and neck needs sanding. But it's getting there

Thanks for looking.

Those hands are incredible, nice job on Destro!

Thanks for looking.
Really? SS couldn't make this look this good shipped? Looks 'modern' still with your tweaks and retains that beast mode Destro look that OG fans love.
Good job sir, very good. The hands alone are a work of art. :clap

I was trying to do ridges on it like the ss but I guess ill sand it smooth since it doesn't translate we'll in pics

As far as the collar i will stitch part of it down as far as position using the wires I like it. I tried different positions and they all didn't look right on camera or on person. This was the only position I liked

Come on, they needed to kill the line with something after all.

And what not a better Sideshowstopper than to kill it with one of the most anticipated characters since they announced they had the license and not give a **** what the fans wanted to see by throwing a half-arsed figure together and laying it down with the thankless attitude, "Here you go. Here's your Destro. We're done. Goodbye."

Last edited:
And what not a better Sideshowstopper than to kill it with one of the most anticipated characters since they announced they had the license and not give a **** what the fans wanted to see by throwing a half-arsed figure together and laying it down with the thankless attitude, "Here you go. Here's your Destro. We're done. Goodbye."

Your Dam Right!

Back