Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, 60's and especially the 70's were more dominated by art inspired by quality, but disparate artists like Frank Frazetta, Roger Dean and Ed Roth. By the 80's the inspirations had degenerated into crappy hair metal cover art, and bad/cheesy take offs of Heavy Metal Magazine. At least that's how I remember it, anyway. :lol

Nah, 60's and especially the 70's were more dominated by art inspired by quality, but disparate artists like Frank Frazetta, Roger Dean and Ed Roth. By the 80's the inspirations had degenerated into crappy hair metal cover art, and bad/cheesy take offs of Heavy Metal Magazine. At least that's how I remember it, anyway. :lol

Always loved Ed RatFink Roth's Art RIP and those hopped up Monster Machines and the snap-tite Models, Very, Very Cool + found out about Roger Dean thru Music and Album Covers, Good Times but for me the 70's and murals on the sides of elaborately painted panel vans

Be Cool Parrot
Al

Very much agreed, Al.

Such work certainly feels like stuff from a bygone age, now. Still, true artists will always be remembered by those who were affected and influenced by their work. And you can't really ask for a better legacy than that. :)

The Gail Simone comic is fantastic. She has a great feel for the character and mixes some great humor with some awesome violence.

Did Gail Simone start with the first Volume or start with Queen Sonja and Vol 2? Really dug the heck out of Vol 1... just when you didn't think it could get any more fun- zombie ninjas! lol

sdcc2013_sideshow_76.jpg

Cant wait to display this Devil with some Jenny Frison covers!!

RSv2-12-Cov-Frison.jpg

I had practically every variant cover of the Dynamite incarnation of RS. I loved the art. I paid tons for some, but my favs were a lot done by Renaud. So pretty. some by Hughes were standouts

Thats awesome man! I plan on getting all Jenny Frison's covers of RS, something about the way she draws the Red Devil I love. I've got #1 signed by Gail Simon and Frison. I'd like to incorporate them into my display.

STK647767.jpg
Red-Sonja-Volume-2-007-Cover.jpg
RSV201CovFrison.jpg

Here's a few that i like.:hi5:

Did Gail Simone start with the first Volume or start with Queen Sonja and Vol 2? Really dug the heck out of Vol 1... just when you didn't think it could get any more fun- zombie ninjas! lol

It's an origin story for the most part. Has a great story about a plague and most of the origin is told through flash backs.

Thats awesome man! I plan on getting all Jenny Frison's covers of RS, something about the way she draws the Red Devil I love. I've got #1 signed by Gail Simon and Frison. I'd like to incorporate them into my display.

View attachment 121050

Here's a few that i like.:hi5:
Got the print of this cover that will be happily displayed alongside the PF. Frison really does nail Sonja perfectly, I love it.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get you prints from?
No secret sauce to share with you, most just come from ebay.:lol

Not many, if any, cons of note come near where I live so I don't have access to that. Really don't have much idea where else I'd be able to find most of these either, so ebay it is.

Back