Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

We've already been told that dreads & spear will not be worked on.
What you see is what you get. Fingers crossed for quills, it's an add on like the stand rather than a rework.

Still debating if this is worth £850.

You're not the only one I'm sure.
All jokes aside and honestly speaking, I don't think there would be a debate if Sideshow nailed the dreads, biomask, spear, and quills.

To think how this could have been a masterpiece. :(

That's the plan but I look at pictures, now the initial euphoria of a 1:4 P2 has settled, and think £850 :dunno never mind the £950ish the Ex would cost.

Still looks like decent value next to a LSF but maybe that's the wrong way to judge an item.

I'll still get him barring any sloppy paint issues :lol

To my knowledge there is no light feature but there is a stand for the 2nd portrait.

is there any light up features on this and is there a stand for the extra head???

Yes there is a head stand. Light up features are always nice, but we don't have any indication of one for this piece. A light up laser sight would be a good feature, they could make it self contained in the head so you could use it on the stand too if you have the unmasked on the body.

A light up tri laser would be nice. For the money they could even have gone for some kind of vented brown/black base themed to the ships design with an orange light up feature, now that could have been cool if done properly...

P2 ship.jpg

Hate light up features. Never leave batteries in mine and it's just something that might fail and piss me off.

It'll be interesting to see what the extra head stand looks like, I hope they at least match the colour scheme similar to the Wolf LSF.

A generic black stand will look just as bad as no stand. Surprised they've not updated the pics.

Then again we prolly wont see this til next year.

Hate light up features. Never leave batteries in mine and it's just something that might fail and piss me off.

Which is yet another reason why they should make replacement parts. Every statue is better with lights, but people are so scared of having a "broken" statue they would rather have a lesser quality piece that does not break. Reminds me of my grandpa never wanting the good options on his cars "just something else to break" never understood that myself.

Again, I would gladly trade off all the extra features for more attention to the statue itself.
Instead of using their time and resources on a stand for the 2nd portrait or wiring for light features, it would have been more meaningful if they put that effort into the unmasked portrait and biomask.

I wonder if the stand was always meant to be included but they forgot to mention it and now it just seems like they added it later.

Back