Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

Im just waiting for this to get delayed as Im sure it will and then Im cancelling my EX. Will get regular later down the line if the in hand pics look good.

$1,200 on a collectable then get the airbrush out... No thanks!

if your willing to pay a grand more than this for close to perfection, wait for the 1/3 Narin. We still don't even know if this comes with a stand for the other head right?

Oh the Narin P2, I better get saving, still need to get his Berserker also, has anybody painted one yet? And apparently this will have a stand for the extra head, just hasn't been pictured.

if your willing to pay a grand more than this for close to perfection, wait for the 1/3 Narin. We still don't even know if this comes with a stand for the other head right?
That would be my dream, a 1:3 P1 & 2.
Finding a quality painter in the U.K might be a hindrance.

Oh the Narin P2, I better get saving, still need to get his Berserker also, has anybody painted one yet? And apparently this will have a stand for the extra head, just hasn't been pictured.

no, but if it were 1/4, I would have defn gotten it.

That would be my dream, a 1:3 P1 & 2.
Finding a quality painter in the U.K might be a hindrance.

yea, I don't know any good Predator painters over there. I may consider selling off all my LOTR stuff to get a 1/3 P2 done by Dunaway.

I'm not sure. I believe all of the Predator pieces I've seen have been 1/6.
That is all I have seen to, but if those are any indication it should be even better in 1/4+, I just don't know how much to expect it to be. I have not has a piece like that painted before and probably would not want to even attempt it.

That is all I have seen to, but if those are any indication it should be even better in 1/4+, I just don't know how much to expect it to be. I have not has a piece like that painted before and probably would not want to even attempt it.

The P2 would be my first Narin piece, but I've seen a few of his pieces up close from fellow collectors.
In the hands of an equally talented painter, his statutes are just amazing. But it all comes at a price, of course.

Narin's sculpts are usually 1/6 verging on 1/5. Some are 1/5, and there have been larger ones too - he did a 1/4 scale P2 for Dan Richard (ex of PredatorStuff), and I also have his 1/4 Logan. His Hellboy was a biggun as well.

He doesn't limit himself to any given character or scale, but has done way more 1/6 <--> 1/5 preds than anything (and anyone) else.

By far the best (and most prolific) sculptor of Predators in the world, and I (most likely) have the biggest collection of his work (painted & unpainted) in the world. It helps he is one of my best friends :)

He's an excellent painter as well as a sculptor - AND the most humble and approachable person in the entire collectibles community.

Narin's sculpts are usually 1/6 verging on 1/5. Some are 1/5, and there have been larger ones too - he did a 1/4 scale P2 for Dan Richard (ex of PredatorStuff), and I also have his 1/4 Logan. His Hellboy was a biggun as well.

He doesn't limit himself to any given character or scale, but has done way more 1/6 <--> 1/5 preds than anything (and anyone) else.

By far the best (and most prolific) sculptor of Predators in the world, and I (most likely) have the biggest collection of his work (painted & unpainted) in the world. It helps he is one of my best friends :)

He's an excellent painter as well as a sculptor - AND the most humble and approachable person in the entire collectibles community.

HMS, get us updated pics of the P2. :yess:

It's on hold isn't it? Or is it back on now Berserker is finished? I look forward to seeing it, I hope it's a relaxed pose though, a 1/3 P2 will be pretty huge...

It's on hold isn't it? Or is it back on now Berserker is finished? I look forward to seeing it, I hope it's a relaxed pose though, a 1/3 P2 will be pretty huge...

I hope he's still moving forward and working on it.

Funny enough I got an email from Narin this-morning.

I know he's working on a number of pieces and he hopes to be able to share updates (on the usual sites) over the next few weeks. Being a Dad has restricted his free time a bit but he's still turning stuff over :)

We're only playing, all friends here despite varying opinions. I have this on order also, I'm glad you found it impressive in person, I am relying on that feeling myself. :duff

It still looks metallic there though, as does his armor. The stunt bio was much duller, looks like the paint was based more on that to me. Paint is a relatively easy fix anyway.
Thanks man, appreciate the post. :hi5: Oh yeah no worries at all, I just wasn't on the up and up with all the problems collectors had with the piece, ie, mask/dredds... I had to dig into all the posts to see what I was being told was wrong with the piece. I honestly wouldn't have known if fans didn't point it out, so kudos to them and I hope SSC listens up and changes it. I would be more than willing to chime in and send SSC an email asking them to change it.

Hopefully SSC will listen and make the piece screen accurate. For the price, they really should. I'm going to the con again this year, hopefully they will have the piece there and many more and I can get some shots for people who can't attend. As it is however, I'm still blown away by it. I couldn't get the WOLF LSF so this will have to do. :)

well my order is still intact & got negative thoughts on mind coz of all inaccuracies talk, pose n all. so i decided to go through Forum & freaks this thread 200 pages back........ & i have really high hopes from this one. Just like i did with Wolf I liked it i kept my order. i m waiting to see P2 Maquette at this SDCC & realy hope there is new P1 Maquette next to it......... really looking forward to pics n opinions who will see it in person.....

well my order is still intact & got negative thoughts on mind coz of all inaccuracies talk, pose n all. so i decided to go through Forum & freaks this thread 200 pages back........ & i have really high hopes from this one. Just like i did with Wolf I liked it i kept my order. i m waiting to see P2 Maquette at this SDCC & realy hope there is new P1 Maquette next to it......... really looking forward to pics n opinions who will see it in person.....

You can't really compare this to Wolf. He had some inaccuracies but still looks great despite them. Almost no chance we see another P1 Maquette, if anything it would be a P1 LSF.

Back