Hot Toys - Toy Fairs EX - CA TFA: Captain America (Star Spangled Man Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, $200 is way too much, I think. I paid $150 for mine just last month and there's no way he should've even been that high. Very cool figure still though, I don't wanna take anything away from it.

The free one that I won from a Twitter SSC contest arrived today. Very glad to have it, I like it for what it is. But I honestly probably never would have bought it for over about $150 or so.

Nice! Thanks for rubbing it in lol

The free one that I won from a Twitter SSC contest arrived today. Very glad to have it, I like it for what it is. But I honestly probably never would have bought it for over about $150 or so.

I seem to have become obsessed with *Susans Twitter contests as well as SSC web giveaways. Which one didja win an SSM from>

I just bought mine for $160 and I didn't find that unreasonable. I actually think it's quite nice and I like it in hand a lot more than I thought I would. If you are into the "evolution" of Cap, he's a good addition. My collection is complete now, until the Winter Soldier versions are released.

I just bought mine for $160 and I didn't find that unreasonable. I actually think it's quite nice and I like it in hand a lot more than I thought I would. If you are into the "evolution" of Cap, he's a good addition. My collection is complete now, until the Winter Soldier versions are released.

Was it from eBay or the FS thread? I'll jump on that price.

I seem to have become obsessed with *Susans Twitter contests as well as SSC web giveaways. Which one didja win an SSM from>

Susan did a random giveaway for a SSM figure. I tweeted about 7-8 tweets to her with pics of my son and I in our Cap costumes.

Thanks, yeah I saw 5 seller that is under $200 shipped. Was hoping if someone found it cheaper. I may just get 1 from there. Only Cap figure I'm missing.

Yah, a couple went for about $160 + shipping on eBay, but they were auctions. Some were new, some were used. But I just dont like eBay, so I spent a little bit more to get it off Amazon. But it was under retail and $199 included shipping, so I was happy. Its a really good figure. With everything he comes with, I think its worth it if you pay anywhere in the $160-199. Once it sells out, even if it takes a while, they will go for more probably. And its a really classic comic book looking Cap, which is a big reason why I like it so much :)

I just need the Rescue Cap now and Id like to get that WWII 1/6 Motorcyle that another company made.

Yah, a couple went for about $160 + shipping on eBay, but they were auctions. Some were new, some were used. But I just dont like eBay, so I spent a little bit more to get it off Amazon. But it was under retail and $199 included shipping, so I was happy. Its a really good figure. With everything he comes with, I think its worth it if you pay anywhere in the $160-199. Once it sells out, even if it takes a while, they will go for more probably. And its a really classic comic book looking Cap, which is a big reason why I like it so much :)

I just need the Rescue Cap now and Id like to get that WWII 1/6 Motorcyle that another company made.

I'd feel more comfortable too getting one on amazon vs eBay if they are close to the same price. I should get one soon, looks like Red Skull is ow selling out too, and after the movie TFA Cap is going up in price.

TOYHQ in the UK have him for £90($150) before shipping.
https://toyhq.co.uk/product/captain-america-star-spangled-man/

Yeah, thanks. I saw the post earlier and emailed them for a shipping quote. Hope it's not $50 for shipping to the US.

Got a reply back and they don't ship to US, they said shipping would probably cost £90-100, that's why they won't ship. Amazon looks like the best bet, unless some one here wants to sell theirs for around $150 in the US :pray::lol

They charged me £12.99 for postage. So, £'s for $'s, it takes the price up to $173.
The only alternative is that if we have a UK member here that stays in the same town that TOY HQ is located in(And could pick the item up and ship it to you themselves).
But it's still only going to be a whisker cheaper than buying from SS.

They charged me £12.99 for postage. So, £'s for $'s, it takes the price up to $173.
The only alternative is that if we have a UK member here that stays in the same town that TOY HQ is located in(And could pick the item up and ship it to you themselves).

That's a deal! Thanks, I'll just check out eBay for a bit if not i'll go with amazon. I waited too long to get this guy, don't want to regret when he sells out.

Got a reply back and they don't ship to US, they said shipping would probably cost £90-100, that's why they won't ship. Amazon looks like the best bet, unless some one here wants to sell theirs for around $150 in the US :pray::lol

Yah i notice people list figures really cheap, but then shipping costs are like $50-$100 and then its not really cheap anymore. You see it on eBay, Amazon, etc.

Maybe because of problems shipping from UK to US they wont ship the cheap way anymore, that they can only ship by Premium shipping method for protection and insurance, and therefore it would be very expensive. If I sell something I won't ship it out of the USA unless its premium shipping for the extra protection. i remember selling a figure and it was over $50 to ship overseas and the buyer backed out.

Yah i notice people list figures really cheap, but then shipping costs are like $50-$100 and then its not really cheap anymore. You see it on eBay, Amazon, etc.

Maybe because of problems shipping from UK to US they wont ship the cheap way anymore, that they can only ship by Premium shipping method for protection and insurance, and therefore it would be very expensive. If I sell something I won't ship it out of the USA unless its premium shipping for the extra protection. i remember selling a figure and it was over $50 to ship overseas and the buyer backed out.

Yeah, but there's still some deals, I bought my Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile on Amazon from a Japan supplier, came out cheaper than getting it from SS or an online store. Was still sealed in a brown shipper and was on a crate in the Fed Ex truck, I got it quicker than some other boxes I get in the states. I was surprised.

I went ahead and just purchased one. Under $200 shipped I'll be happy, with Cap being my favorite marvel character and the only one I'm missing in my collection, I won't regret it. Lol

Looks like my figure is on route to be delivered today, but I gotta pick it up tomorrow since no one is there to claim it. Any thing on this figure to look out for when I open it? Fragile parts or stitching? Haven't got a Hot Toys in a while.

Looks like my figure is on route to be delivered today, but I gotta pick it up tomorrow since no one is there to claim it. Any thing on this figure to look out for when I open it? Fragile parts or stitching? Haven't got a Hot Toys in a while.

Make sure you trim your nails ;) Many don't like the shoulders on the stock body, but with a little futzing, they look fine in my opinion. Congratulations on picking this up, it would have been great with a smirking HS, but overall a must for any hardcore Captain America fan.

Lol cool, thanks for the heads up. Don't know why I waited this long to buy one. Thanks!

Make sure you trim your nails ;) Many don't like the shoulders on the stock body, but with a little futzing, they look fine in my opinion. Congratulations on picking this up, it would have been great with a smirking HS, but overall a must for any hardcore Captain America fan.

'Murica.

1491745_10153147979534460_7271915814403102380_n.jpg

The only reason I bought Star-Spangled Captain America was so I could have this display in my collection. I just need a big American flag for the background.

4edabuge.jpg

Amazing. And that head from the titan figure works perfectly.

The only reason I bought Star-Spangled Captain America was so I could have this display in my collection. I just need a big American flag for the background.

4edabuge.jpg

Genius.
You can get a backdrop done for your detolf if you have a signmaking shop locally. They could just print you one on foamboard backed vinyl.

Back