1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wait so thor is in the same scale?

No, thor is in Perfect scale with other 1/6 from HT. MOS is much larger. But hey, he's not human anyways.
I assume the photo shows the same I have on display. Thor on his base looks very good next to MOS :)

Even though MOS is very large, his complexion and physique are fantastic. He looks so imposing yet non-aggressive. Love it

I did the cape/shoulder mod with the stock cape. It went okay... I should look into getting a custom cape.

rsYS8rW.jpg

d3R7bff.jpg

Also, does anybody have any tips on how to remove this glue from the chest?

ufEMDN2.jpg

Last edited:

IMO that looks fantastic. I usually consider myself a harsh critic on customs (why I often keep my opinion to myself.) I thought supes hair actually looked more puffy threw out the movie than it was in most publicity stills. You definitely nailed the shape of his hair better than HT IMO. Just a bit to big with the hair, but overall great work.:clap

lois-lane-superman-amy-adams-henry-cavill-beard-155066497.jpg

superman_henry_cavill_man_of_steel_movie_m66893.jpg

finally scored one of these bad boys

he's a bit out of scale though, he towers over everyone else except my predator figs

I don't remember him being 7 1/2 feet tall in the movie

He scales out to 6'5" if you measure him and divide by six.
It's every other HT figure that is out of scale.

:goodpost:

It a shame, Any ideas if the correct scale was a one off for the MOS line or is continuing with other releases now?

Still taller by comparison. By about 2-4mm. Posing Bale Bats on his stand and MoS with his base pretty much evens them out. So I'm sticking with that.

Yeah. The difference is staggering, and it wouldn't be in real life.

It's multiply by 6

My mistake. Oops!
What i meant was divide the height of Cavill by six, and you will get the height of the figure. But i wrote it erse fer elby. My fault.

Cavill shouldn't be 6'5" and he shouldn't tower over Thor.

I noticed after I put a Christopher Reeve head on my Man of Steel figure that the figure actually gets a bit shorter with the Reeve head--that's how huge the Cavill head was compared to other Hot Toys heads (though part of it is the pouffy hairstyle.). Now my Reeve Man of Steel looks just fine next to Dark World Thor (which I just received yesterday from BBTS), a bit taller but nothing that looks strange, as Reeve looks just right being a bit taller than other superheroes--Reeve was 6'4" after all.

Check it out:

IMG_0228.JPG

I know, I suck at taking pictures.

I don't get people putting reeve's head on the man of steel body. After all the crying out about accuracy and customising to make it more accurate and then you do this?? Wtf

I don't get people putting reeve's head on the man of steel body. After all the crying out about accuracy and customising to make it more accurate and then you do this?? Wtf

For me there's only one Superman and it isn't Henry Cavill.

As for why I used the Man of Steel body instead of just buying a complete Reeve Superman, I like the height and extra muscularity of the MOS body for Reeve and I also like the modern costume design. It looks a lot better with the other modern heroes on my shelf.

Back