1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

It is is so insane to me that they released this figure with just that one ridiculous bendable stand. If you want a flying pose he has to barely be off the ground or it wont fit in a detolf because of his height and if you don't want a flying post you have to bend it in a way that makes the cape not fall cleanly and the clamp potentially damages the suit. I can't get over it.

You'll probably get over it eventually.

MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

My house is climate-controlled at all times, not to mention its the beginning of April - its not like a heat-wave out there. House is very cool.

Don't let HT off the hook like that, by blaming the victims. :wink1:

LOL I know HT won't listen to our complains. Well I'm living in a tropical country but it is not like I'm living in a dessert. My figures are all kept in a room with a normal temperature, and away from direct sunlight. All my other figures can survive the climate in my place, but the MOS Superman suit really is a delicate material. Even a normal standing museum pose with the arms down might ruin the suit. 😭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is is so insane to me that they released this figure with just that one ridiculous bendable stand. If you want a flying pose he has to barely be off the ground or it wont fit in a detolf because of his height and if you don't want a flying post you have to bend it in a way that makes the cape not fall cleanly and the clamp potentially damages the suit. I can't get over it.
he'll stand just fine on the base without the rod and clamp :dunno

and why does HT have to cater to just collectors who display their figures in a detolf?? :huh: some collectors have open shelves and can use the flight stand. are they to be punished b/c it doesn't fit in your detolf? I know then the argument turns to "well HT should've just given us and extra regular stand" ...well too bad they didn't. you can buy a bootleg HT type stand off ebay super cheap
You'll probably get over it eventually.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Yeah. I for one was a bit disappointed that the good-looking stand was too big that it would occupy a big space in a standard detolf which I have. Also bummed that HT cut expenses and didn't supply the standard oval stand along with the figure, but since it's all been made and done it's already my problem for having a smaller room and display cabinet. Good thing I have spare blank stands from TTMs, but my MoS Superman has been in the company of Reeve, Keaton and Bale since I got him 3 weeks ago and he's been standing okay without HT stand. He's that stable.

just waiting on Zod.

Finally someone who puts the right music underneath it! Looks great! Zod's gonna be a beast I think.

I will admit though, if I get 'm I will probably display him with his mask, Man of Steel had some of the coolest sci-fi designs in a long while for me.

never gonna happen.

Well in that case, maybe you'll get to a point where we don't have to hear about it.
eusa_dance.gif

Just to add to my initial set of photos a few posts prior... here's my attempt at the "vault" scene. The figure can't quite make the same pose as the reference photo I used, but I tried my best (without breaking, tearing something). :)

View attachment 101983

Nice work!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

So what is the final word on the flight stand messing up the suit? I haven't wanted to use it, because I read that it could damage it. But if that is not the case, I will break it out, cause I really want this guy in a hovering pose with Batman.

So what is the final word on the flight stand messing up the suit? I haven't wanted to use it, because I read that it could damage it. But if that is not the case, I will break it out, cause I really want this guy in a hovering pose with Batman.

Could be be a humidity issue.
The suit "corset" details are a rubbery vinyl layer on top of the suit. When you put it on the flight stand, the gripper pinches the detail and(when you take the figure off the stand), there are small indents. These indents disappear on their own after a few hours off the stand.
At least they did on mine.

Could be be a humidity issue.
The suit "corset" details are a rubbery vinyl layer on top of the suit. When you put it on the flight stand, the gripper pinches the detail and(when you take the figure off the stand), there are small indents. These indents disappear on their own after a few hours off the stand.
At least they did on mine.

This.

I take my figure out the stand every few days and have in standing in a regular crotch stand for a day or two to let the creases relax and return to normal.

This.

I take my figure out the stand every few days and have in standing in a regular crotch stand for a day or two to let the creases relax and return to normal.

Owning these collectibles is hard work! :lol

I've yet to use the flight stand but once I get my third detolf I do intend to pose him hovering....would rather not be constantly switching up his pose if I can help it but I guess I'll wait and see how the suit fares...:panic:

Thanks for all the info guys. I think I will give him a hovering pose tonight after I get home. I'll just set a reminder to take him down every couple of days.

Thanks for all the info guys. I think I will give him a hovering pose tonight after I get home. I'll just set a reminder to take him down every couple of days.

The *damage*(If you can even call it that) is not cumulative. I had my MOS in the grabber for more than a month before i attempted the collar mod on him, took him down and put him on a crotch grabber afterwards and he's fine. You can leave it up any length of time. And marks made will spring back out after a few hours.

The *damage*(If you can even call it that) is not cumulative. I had my MOS in the grabber for more than a month before i attempted the collar mod on him, took him down and put him on a crotch grabber afterwards and he's fine. You can leave it up any length of time. And marks made will spring back out after a few hours.

So the damage goes away after a bit? That's good to know, now I can play with a different pose and even him flying.

So, check this out C4394P0002.jpg
Seems to be happening more often with this figure. I assume as time passess, we will see this issue more prominent on more units.
This is absolutely ridiculous for a figure that costs $200

MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

So, check this out View attachment 103078
Seems to be happening more often with this figure. I assume as time passess, we will see this issue more prominent on more units.

Whoa. I feel sorry for you man. I also posted similar problem on my figure a few weeks ago, but mine's problem is the sticking of the suit because of the patterned rubber overlay. But yours is worse than mine, the suit on yours is ripped off. Among all of my figures, I realized that this MOS Supes is the most difficult to take care of.

Whoa. I feel sorry for you man. I also posted similar problem on my figure a few weeks ago, but mine's problem is the sticking of the suit because of the patterned rubber overlay. But yours is worse than mine, the suit on yours is ripped off. Among all of my figures, I realized that this MOS Supes is the most difficult to take care of.

Not mine. Took it from BBTS. lol. They have like 3 units with that issue.

So, check this out View attachment 103078

Woah, that's ****ed up!! There's no way in hell I'm moving the arms of my figure to anything resembling a flight pose. Pretty stupid considering it's a Superman figure, but I just dont want to risk any tears!

Back