1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

suzu3aqy.jpg

Trying new poses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The suit on Superman is just as prone to sticking/fusing together as Jor-El and Amazing Spidey suits.... keeping the arms to the sides will result in the suit at the arm-pits sticking together..... Approx. 10 days in post/shipping/planes did it to mine....

The suit on Superman is just as prone to sticking/fusing together as Jor-El and Amazing Spidey suits.... keeping the arms to the sides will result in the suit at the arm-pits sticking together..... Approx. 10 days in post/shipping/planes did it to mine....

Did it rip when you reposed the arms?

MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

It also happened to mine after I went for a vacation for 2 weeks, I left my figure in a normal standing pose with the arms down. I came back to check my figure and this is what happened... The rubber pattern of the suit at the armpit area sticked together and was ripped after I raised the right arm. Also happened to the left arm but I managed to save the rubber pattern from being ripped.

gy8aqy7u.jpg

What a load of bollix! We pay so much money for these figures and now even a museum pose is ruining figures!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to add to my initial set of photos a few posts prior... here's my attempt at the "vault" scene. The figure can't quite make the same pose as the reference photo I used, but I tried my best (without breaking, tearing something). :)

IMG_9352_fixed.jpg

It also happened to mine after I went for a vacation for 2 weeks, I left my figure in a normal standing pose with the arms down. I came back to check my figure and this is what happened... The rubber pattern of the suit at the armpit area sticked together and was ripped after I raised the right arm. Also happened to the left arm but I managed to save the rubber pattern from being ripped.

gy8aqy7u.jpg

Sorry to hear this, man. After seeing your post I checked mine right away, as it's been in my detolf for 2 weeks, in contrapposto and both arms clipped to the torso. It's been very humid here lately but no sticking of the suit for which I am thankful.

Sorry to hear this, man. After seeing your post I checked mine right away, as it's been in my detolf for 2 weeks, in contrapposto and both arms clipped to the torso. It's been very humid here lately but no sticking of the suit for which I am thankful.

Thanks man. It is still better to check it regularly. In case this happens to you, just slowly and gently try to pull the suit apart to separate them. You can still save the suit. Mine was ripped because I was not aware of this issue when I raised the right arm. Enjoy your MOS figure!😊

Thanks man. It is still better to check it regularly. In case this happens to you, just slowly and gently try to pull the suit apart to separate them. You can still save the suit. Mine was ripped because I was not aware of this issue when I raised the right arm. Enjoy your MOS figure!😊

Thanks buddy. Will keep that in mind :)

Just to add to my initial set of photos a few posts prior... here's my attempt at the "vault" scene. The figure can't quite make the same pose as the reference photo I used, but I tried my best (without breaking, tearing something). :)

View attachment 101983

That's a great pic! Also, welcome to the boards! Hope to see more great photos from you.

Broke out my Dynamic figure stand.

eBhY4Bk.jpg

I like the stand a lot but I wish the base was smaller and a bit heavier.

View attachment 101983

Awesome pic! Where did you get the image of the safe for the backdrop?

2asa8a7e.jpg

Trying some new lighting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went and checked mine, and yes indeed: I had the arms down, and to lift them I had to sort of peel the sleeve away from the torso. No harm was done, but people need to be aware of this issue. I'm pretty disappointed, to be honest, figures as expensive as these need to not be this fragile.

He looks fine with his arms held away from his body, but that's not the point. The point is, these suits need not to melt by just standing around. Zod better not be this fragile.

Back