Statue Pacific Rim - Knifehead Kaiju - Now up for order!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, I still look at it every time I walk into the room. It's a great looking creature design and a very nice representation from Sideshow. I actually much prefer this over the look of the actual maquette made for the movie. And no, I hadn't noticed that before but I see what you mean now. That's a very strange place to have such an inconsistency. I don't think it makes too much difference though. My mini crew may just live a little longer ;) I do intend to repaint mine down the line. I'd like it to be a darker, shinier blue with more solid, neon yellow lines but I'm in no rush. This one is very decent out of the box imo, I really hope we see more announced at the Con... or sometime soon.

You know, I didn't think I'd be saying this, but I might hold off on Slattern after all. It's a very expensive piece with some painting defects, and I grow less and less enamored with it, even as I become fonder of good old Knifehead. I'm beginning to feel that KH can stand (squat?) as the representative statue from PACIFIC RIM, and maybe it's best to quit while I'm ahead. My bank account would certainly be grateful!

You know, I didn't think I'd be saying this, but I might hold off on Slattern after all. It's a very expensive piece with some painting defects, and I grow less and less enamored with it, even as I become fonder of good old Knifehead. I'm beginning to feel that KH can stand (squat?) as the representative statue from PACIFIC RIM, and maybe it's best to quit while I'm ahead. My bank account would certainly be grateful!

I was a little let down by the final paint app of Slattern, I´ll be getting the whole PR line but maybe I´ll wait a little while and prioritise other statues, there are too many pieces a would like to own and I´m on a budget...so annoying

Well if it helps, my Knifehead was intended as my only piece in the line and I think he looks great as a stand alone piece.

Just got this guy and really love it! One of Sideshows best ever monster sculpts. Fingers crossed they can do justice to the mechanical details of the Jaegers as well. Should be a killer display when the others show up :)

Mine arrived today and it is by far the coolest nightlight on the planet!!! :clap

Seriously though it is an awesome statue and like others have said a lot bigger than expected. I remember seeing the photo of it sat next to Del Toro and thinking “That’s a tiny giant monster!” Unboxed it today and was very impressed.

Knifehead 048.jpg

I finally seen this guy in person and I have to say it was much bigger than I expected. It was huge i just hope they do more kaiju.

I just scored one of these out of the clear blue, and it's so much better than I expected. Pics in a few...

Last edited:
Congratulations, this is one of sideshows most underrated pieces of the year for me, much bigger in person than you expect and very well executed. I like mine a lot.

Mine arrived today and it is by far the coolest nightlight on the planet!!!
fing24.gif

Haha, great description!

Very nice display, Rook. Knifehead fits in beautifully; like the way his black body matches the black of the framed posters, the dark bookcase, etc, and how all the other statues compliment each other. I take great pleasure in arranging and displaying this stuff myself, and always go crazy when I have to add new pieces to the group, which means rethinking my original plan. But what can you do? As long as SS keeps creating great statues, we're gonna have to buy them, and overcrowding is inevitable. Before we know it, the new SS Godzilla will be pushing his way into our carefully-considered display schemes. So they'll have to be re-thought again. Regardless... "night light" Knifehead's a cool addition to your collection. Anyone's, actually.

Yeah he looks great, I'm going to get mine down and dusted at some point to try and get some better pictures, it's hard to do this guy justice without seeing him in person.

I am finally considering getting knifehead now that he is on double rewards at SSC and I can use a gift card. Heard nothing buy rave reviews. The design wasn't my favorite to start but it has grown on me. I got the NECA 18" knifehead and immediately sold it because it was just garbage.

I have Slattern and there are very cool things about it, like the pose and overall look, but detail and paint wise, it is a letdown. I find myself considering letting it go. I like it, but I don't LOVE it and for almost $500 I should love it. But I am going to hold onto it until I get gypsy and stryker. See how I feel then.

SurlyJ, you should definitely pick him up, sideshows pictures do him no justice what so ever, he is so much nicer in person. He commands your attention.

I think I'm going to! Just sold a transformer on ebay for $400 so as soon as he pays, knifehead shall be mine!

Always helps, I sold my Boba mythos to pay for mine, don't regret it one bit! Boba was nice, but the Knifehead is much more impressive. And double points now, can't complain.... even though I was told there were only 50 left when I ordered mine a couple of months back.

Alright, screw sideshow's double rewards, just snagged this guy brand new for $313 shipped on ebay!

Good catch. They don't seem to go for much on there, but that is one of the lowest I have seen.

Yeah and it would have been $290 if not for CA sales tax. There was one that went for $250ish a few weeks ago, but it actually seems $290-320 is a common shipped price.

Either pacific rim wasn't as popular as I thought or the collectibles have been marketed horribly.

Back