Statue Pacific Rim - Knifehead Kaiju - Now up for order!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that water effect looks awful.

It's transparent for the light-up effect. :wink1:

400215-knifehead-pacific-rim-013.jpg

Mine is shipping now. :yess:

:)

Everyone to his own taste. The illuminated base looks pretty terrific to me, and the little boat not only gives the monster scale, but it's an important plot device (the brothers' concern for "expendables" leads to tragedy). I was on the fence with this Knifehead statue, but the lit-up base and mouth are pushing me closer to a purchase.

Everyone to his own taste. The illuminated base looks pretty terrific to me, and the little boat not only gives the monster scale, but it's an important plot device (the brothers' concern for "expendables" leads to tragedy). I was on the fence with this Knifehead statue, but the lit-up base and mouth are pushing me closer to a purchase.

Totally agree. The light up effect will really look awesome at night I suspect. The boat gives this thing an idea of scale. Whats not to like?

Paint looks on par with NECA's version imo, except the teeth/eyes which look much better on this one.

...judging by those three photos

Edit: Okay, after looking at NECA's again I take that back. Looks much better than the NECA 1/4. Paint still seems lacking for a $400 statue though.

The big pin under the boat would leave a nasty hole in the waves however, I think it looks okay, adds a bit of scale to the piece and actually looks quite nicely painted for the size. A little humbrol weathering powder would really make it come to life...

Back