Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

Was it somehow written into the law that "Because Dent was a good man and murdered, and we know this to be true because Gordon told us, henceforth all people suspected of organized crime will be incarcerated indefinitely without any need for concrete evidence?"
I could easily imagine something like that becoming law in Louisiana.

Ugh 3rd person self addressing.

Also, it's a nice double standard when people mention Returns Batman to be a bad ass grandpa in a comic.... I see you guys use the "realism" card to your convenience, "clean streets are not realistic" and then "Batman is a 60 year old unbreakable badass in Returns"... You'd expect a little coherence and not call out Rises Batman on that since he's a real human bean reacting go knows how many beatings, bullet wounds, poisonings etc etc.... it takes a toll on your body, if your body is not in 2D.

The streets were clean during those 8 years, it was at the end of those 8 years when Bane was boiling his plan in the underground, which was completely unrelated to what Batman achieved before his 8 year vacation.

Then Batman did fix that as well.

For a movie built on realism you know how dumb "cleaned up the streets" sounds.

No such thing.

Batman never stops, especially due to meaningless statistics.

Decker beat me too it. :lol

He did, though. There will never not be crime, but, when you saw Gotham in Begins, it was a cesspool. Organized crime had infiltrated the police department, obstructing the good cops from doing their jobs, and, it also was diverting all of their resources on the streets. Like it or not, the center of the underworld in Nolan's films has always been organized crime; it was the domino that set off a chain reaction. Even Rachel says in Begins that "men like Falcone are creating new 'Joe Chills' every day." You remove the Falcone's from the equation, you remove the corruption from the equation, and you remove a lot of that desperation from the equation. If you look at Bruce, all he was really doing was weighing his options. He could go back to trying to destroy all crime, but what does that reall accomplish? It makes it clear that Gordon was perpetuating a lie, all of those criminals go back on the streets, and it builds more and more and more. End of the day, Gotham was a cleaner place after Batman than while there was one.

https://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Dent_Act?file=The_Harvey_Dent_Act.jpg

Basically the Dent act is a ******** violation of civil liberties that says you can be charged with everything a criminal empire committed if they link you to it.

Bought drugs from Falcone? They can charge you with every murder his gang has ever committed with zero possibility of ever being paroled.

Also, it's a nice double standard when people mention Returns Batman to be a bad ass grandpa in a comic.... I see you guys use the "realism" card to your convenience, "clean streets are not realistic" and then "Batman is a 60 year old unbreakable badass in Returns"... You'd expect a little coherence and not call out Rises Batman on that since he's a real human bean reacting go knows how many beatings, bullet wounds, poisonings etc etc.... it takes a toll on your body, if your body is not in 2D.

The streets were clean during those 8 years, it was at the end of those 8 years when Bane was boiling his plan in the underground, which was completely unrelated to what Batman achieved before his 8 year vacation.

That's another excellent point. Look at professional athletes, a lot of them break down, physically, in their 40's. Bruce may not have been Batman long, but how much of a toll did, not only that, but his time training, take on his body?

Bought drugs from Falcone? They can charge you with every murder his gang has ever committed.

Oh wow. So people CLEARLY were locked up who didn't deserve it just to put the fear of God into the real criminals. Good one Batman. :slap

Didn't Bruce ever watch Murder in the First? What a dumbass. Good thing that was never spelled out on film.

What....I laughed out loud when I read "as Difabio said" :lol

, but his time training, take on his body?

Not as much as anyone who's ever seen combat in a war. So Millions of people?

Oh wow. So people CLEARLY were locked up who didn't deserve it just to put the fear of God into the real criminals. Good one Batman. :slap

Yea he pretty much turned Gotham into Orwell's 1984 and then nuked it and left them to deal with the aftermath. Wayne Ent. is still bankrupt when he leaves so all his employees are in for tough times too. Some hero.

You aren't making sense.

I'm saying when Batman knocks someone like Scarecrow and his gang out in the opening of TDK, the police show up and arrest him. Scarecrow's arrest is completely legal because all the police are doing is responding to a call for shots fired and finding known and wanted criminals who are escaped fugitives. The only thing they can do about Batman is add another assault charge to his record if they ever catch him.

You're basically arguing that if a guy murders 12 kids and goes for coffee, and a civilian knocks that man out at the coffee shop and calls the police, the police couldn't arrest the guy that killed 12 children because another civilian punched him in the face? You think that makes any sense whatsoever?

Gordon writes a letter admitting to having lied to a court of law and all of Gotham, breaking his oath of office and committing purgury to cover up Dent's murder while at the same time using that to keep thousands of men in jail illegally with the Dent act. Bane reads it on the news to everyone. Gordon admits that Dent was a pyschopath murderer. Anything he did in office can now be questioned do to his mental state.

I'm the one not making sense? Read your own posts, please.

You're complaining about the Dent act, yet defending what Batman does in every iteration.... That's contradictory.

You're saying if 800 guys killed a kid each and there's an actual law that allows you to arrest them you can't because?....

I'm saying in both cases the methods used to catch the criminals are illegals, in fact, the Dent act is within the law, so Dent turned out to be a psycho, how exactly does that make the Dent act any less legitimate?

Not as much as anyone who's ever seen combat in a war. So Millions of people?

Yea he pretty much turned Gotham into Orwell's 1984 and then nuked it and left them to deal with the aftermath. Wayne Ent. is still bankrupt when he leaves so all his employees are in for tough times too. Some hero.

How do you know that? We see the fruits of some of his labors (the Bhutanese prison fight), and his training with the League, but, he's been gone seven years, so how much more training did he go through that we didn't see? His time with the league is, seemingly, the end of the seven year stretch, since he returns home right after, but, again, assuming he trained with the League for, even, two years, there's still 5 to be accounted for. The point is that this guy's body being broken down is completely viable.

You've gotta figure the average pro athlete's body would go through much more than Bats did, factoring in training and time on the street, and some of those guys go on for multiple decades when you factor in high school, college, and pros.

I'm the one not making sense? Read your own posts, please.

You're complaining about the Dent act, yet defending what Batman does in every iteration.... That's contradictory.

You're saying if 800 guys killed a kid each and there's an actual law that allows you to arrest them you can't because?....

I'm saying in both cases the methods used to catch the criminals are illegals, in fact, the Dent act is within the law, so Dent turned out to be a psycho, how exactly does that make the Dent act any less legitimate?

You clearly don't understand U.S. law. The Dent act is a violation of civil liberties based on the real life Bush Doctrine. Look that up.

It doesn't matter morally what Batman does is wrong. The Police can still arrest wanted criminals he beats up as long as they still actively pursue Batman for those crimes. It makes perfect sense.

Gordon is the only cop breaking the law by helping Batman.

You're saying if 800 guys killed a kid each and there's an actual law that allows you to arrest them you can't because?

I never said that, not even close, read better.

Dent's mental state while D.A. can be called into question(therefore all his arrests would need review) based on Gordon's confession that he lied.

I'm also not blindly defending Batman as you say "Yea he pretty much turned Gotham into Orwell's 1984 and then nuked it and left them to deal with the aftermath. Wayne Ent. is still bankrupt when he leaves so all his employees are in for tough times too. Some hero."

Last edited:

He had a log fall on him, got punched by Liam Neeson, bit by a couple of puppies and got crow barred by Heath Ledger and shot by Two-Face with all that ugly armor.

Boo hoo.

A film screen is just as fake and 2D as a crappy comic panel. The Nolan/Bale Batman is no more real than the art and story by Frank Miller.
You know in real life, that log alone can kill or cripple a person... But a 60 year old that can withstand several shots and wounds after decades of major injuries is completely plausible.

I'd assume that burrowing under the cities sewers, planting explosives all around city landmarks/streets, and infiltrating Wayne Enterprises as a board member takes more than "at the end of the 8 years".
You know Bane didn't actually infiltrate the board of WE, Dagget did, and it could have taken it 6 months for all we know, not 8 years...

It's all stupid, all of it. Nobody is expecting Batman/Bruce to be this super tough, invincible dude, but what goes down in Rises is just laughably bad. Remember in Batman 1989 or the Dark Knight where the guy was so paranoid he had surveillance systems and news monitors all over the damn place? The guy that was keeping tabs on everything? Where's that guy in TDKR? Oh, that's right, he's getting duped for the thousandth time by an Al Ghul and getting tripped by Anne Hathaway.

He's a ***** and uses lies to achieve "victories". Hell, he doesn't even learn!. At the end, his victory through martyrdom is based on a lie again! He was totally pulling Gordon, Alfred, Fox, etc. chain with the autopilot BS.

Right, because he didn't use a lie to achieve victory in Returns....

You clearly don't understand U.S. law. The Dent act is a violation of civil liberties based on the real life Bush Doctrine. Look that up.
I do understand, and now you're defending criminals.
It doesn't matter morally what Batman does is wrong. The Police can still arrest wanted criminals he beats up as long as they still actively pursue Batman for those crimes. It makes perfect sense.
Unlike in Rises

You're saying if 800 guys killed a kid each and there's an actual law that allows you to arrest them you can't because?

I never said that, not even close, read better.

Dent's mental state while D.A. can be called into question(therefore all his arrests would need review) based on Gordon's confession that he lied.
I thought it was ok to put words in other people's mouths to favor your argument, don't do it then, cause I didn't say the other thing either.

:lol You didn't say what other thing? You're really confused. Go back and re-read all my posts, you're the only one who doesn't get it.

:lol You didn't say what other thing? You're really confused. Go back and re-read all my posts, you're the only one who doesn't get it.

This post alone is contradictory, it clearly shows you're the one having difficulties following the conversation, not me.

This other thing.

You're basically arguing that if a guy murders 12 kids and goes for coffee, and a civilian knocks that man out at the coffee shop and calls the police, the police couldn't arrest the guy that killed 12 children because another civilian punched him in the face? You think that makes any sense whatsoever?

Yea that's called a hypothetical. Do they not have those where you're from? You were saying that Batman beating up villains and the cops arresting them is illegal.

You're kidding right? Every time Batman puts someone behind bars it is illegal, in the comicbook or in any of the movies, even more so in Returns where the whole superhero thing is illegal, just by being Batman he's breaking the law.

The only real difference is that in Rises he succeeded.

I'm telling you, you are wrong, and I'm trying to explain why. The hypothetical could apply to Scarecrow.

Scarecrow is a wanted fugitive. The police already want to arrest him again right? So you're telling me that when they find him tied up in the parking garage in TDK they can't arrest him because it was Batman that knocked him out. That's exactly what your quote above is implying.

My hypothetical real world comparison was that if someone killed a bunch of kids, it doesn't matter that a civilian assaults them, that doesn't clear them of murder charges.

How in the hell do you not get that?

The Dent act is a seperete thing completely that is an illegal piece of legislation the government pushes through anyway out of desperation.

Like Fabio said, it's all stupid crap, all of it.

Therefore just give us an awesome cbm.

TDKR is not awesome.
I don't need to dissect the details to know that, to me, it's just a kind of average movie, particularly when you consider that Nolan directed it. Must be the worst Nolan movie I've seen after the Following. Screams of him just fulfilling contractual obligations. But, still way better than P, er, MOS.

Back