Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

TDKR nuke should have set off the Kryptonian ship beacon, luring Zod to Earth. Then it's not Hopeman's fault. Batman should have pulled a Han Solo and showed up to the Metropolis fight in an even more badass Batwing to help clean up the mess he unleashed. Superman would then be cool, Batman would be a cool non-quitter, and WB/DC would have their connected universe.

Cool idea, only the batcopter would have to fly to the article and I don't think the two minutes the bomb had would of lasted that long. And of course the batcopter would have run out of gas.

But Batman never quits, he never retires. I wanna see Batman in action not Batman inaction. Rises literally broke the Bat out of Batman and I didn't pay to see it end like that.

Everyone says "Batman never quits," but why? He quit in Returns, one of the most iconic Batman stories ever. So, with that in mind, what makes Rises so bad? Is it his age?:dunno

Everyone says "Batman never quits," but why? He quit in Returns, one of the most iconic Batman stories ever. So, with that in mind, what makes Rises so bad? Is it his age?:dunno

:goodpost: He's quit in several iterations. He quit in the Bruce Timm cartoon when he wanted to get married. He came back when it was revealed that his wife was a scam created by Poison Ivy. In comics he was going to quit in Morrison's run for Jezebel Jet. But she betrayed him, and he went crazy for a bit. Hell at one point he was going to quit being Bruce Wayne all together and just be Batman. And in the comics he was going to quit after Bane broke his back. He only came back cause Azrael was disgracing the Bat.

He doesn't quit. He's forced to fake his death(or actually be murdered by the Government) and comes back shortly after in the sequel. He's also been Batman almost everyday of his life upto that point in Returns. Not 1 month total in 20 years.

What sequel? Year One and TDKR are the only Batman books Miller ever wrote...ever. So, it's okay for Bruce to fake his death in TDKR, but not in...TDKR? I don't see why everyone equates time to being a good Batman. So Nolan's Batman was only The Dark Knight for a year? In a lot of ways, that paints him in a light that is, arguably, more competent than his comic book counterpart. He effectively cleaned up crime in Gotham at the end of TDK; The Dent Act, which he was instrumental in creating, deconstructed organized crime. The police were able to take on the rest of the low-level stuff (to the point where Blake is even quipping about tracking down overdue library books).

Wouldn't it be cool to get a batman movie where he's in the cowl like 85% of the time? No romance, no Bruce Wayne issues, just Batman on a difficult case against a difficult foe.

It's a little something Miller wrote called The Dark Knight Strikes Again.

He didn't fake his death to abandon Gotham. He did it because the Government ordered Superman to kill him and he had to go off the radar until he could organize against them.

Nah, that was fan fiction written by a ghost writer; that All-Star book was a hoax, too.:lol

Shaky cam usually is a bad thing, I agree.

But Cap 2 made the shaky cam work 101%, fights and car chases, it was all glorious.

Cap 2 made the fights in BB/TDK/TDKR look like slow motion.

Cap 2 battles were as epic as MOS in my book, even without flight.

:lecture

Lots of "ohhhhh!" and "damnnnn!" in my theater when Cap was throwing down on the pirates (and especially that last drop kick on Batroc.)

Guys pretending to get knocked out when Bruce had his back to them didn't have quite the same effect in TDKR. :lol

:lecture

Lots of "ohhhhh!" and "damnnnn!" in my theater when Cap was throwing down on the pirates (and especially that last drop kick on Batroc.)

I sat next to this very awesome and animated african american grandmother (in her 60s) who was so very invested into the movie that her comments were cracking me the heck up! She made the movie even better for me. I wish I could sit next to her on all my movies.

She was like...."Unnnnnn Hunnnnnn, that's right..that's right..crossbone don't mess no jive Falcon, unn hunn"

She had her Marvel **** down pact...she said it was because of her kids and that she was rushing home to watch AOS! :lol

I mean she knew Crossbones for christ sake! :lol

:lol :lol :lol

Last edited:

I mean she knew Crossbones for christ sake! :lol

No way! :lol

Black gals can definitely be fun to sit next to in movies. I still remember way back to opening night when T2 came out. There were two black ladies sitting to my right and they were cracking up the theater with their reactions. When Sarah picked the lock in the mental hospital with that paper clip one of them said, "I'm learning a lot from watching this movie!" :lol

Back