Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

I'll Nevah give up...

Nevah...

LHS1R7P.gif

Unless you get fired and kicked out. :lol

One of the biggest complaints that bugs me is the idea that "Bruce quit because of Rachel." While I believe she played a role in his seclusion, there were many other factors. For one, Jim Gordon. As I said, they succeeded in cleaning up Gotham, but it came at the cost of Batman's reputation. Just to play Devil's advocate, here, let's put you in the shoes of any one of Gotham City's denizens. For the past year, you've watched someone take on the role of Gotham's protector. Then, out of nowhere, the commissioner of police claims that he snapped and murdered five people, including several police officers and a district attorney. Batman told him to do that, but he also knew what that entailed; there was no going back. If he went back to beating up criminals and returning to the status quo after "supposedly" suffering a psychotic break, it would only serve to raise suspicions, putting Gordon in a [negative] spotlight, and, ultimately, undoing everything they worked towards.

Keep in mind, as well, that there was a transitional period, and that Bruce didn't just instantly transform into the Howard Hughes shut-in we see at the beginning of the film. With Batman no longer a viable option for his crusade, he took an interest in his company, and, in some ways, it calls back to what Ra's Al Ghul said in Begins, about how Bruce's parents tried to save the city with economics. He took an active interest in his company, and even tried to create a new, energy source. In the end, the Fusion Reactor was what broke Bruce. After he saw how it could be weaponized, I think he believed himself to be doing more harm than good, and, thus, decided to give everything up.

As for The Dark Knight Returns, would people have liked TDKR better if it ended with Bruce asking Brian Douglas' drinking buddies for more assistance in his war on crime?:lol Regarding TDK, though, my point is that Bruce never intended to stay Batman forever. He may have been coerced in that particular instance, but look at Harvey's fundraiser. He genuinely wants to pass the bill [to clean up Gotham] off to Harvey, so he can live happily ever after with his childhood friend.

:goodpost: im 10000% with u. People think he quit missed the entire point of the trilogy and didn't follow BBegins at all. And its always the same people on Freaks trying to tear things down. Oh well, what can you do. If they can't enjoy the movies, good luck to them. They can go watch their Clooney Batman & Robin or Superman 3-4 :lol

and OMG has Zod HTs photos....see ya!!!! :)

Last edited:

One of the biggest complaints that bugs me is the idea that "Bruce quit because of Rachel." While I believe she played a role in his seclusion, there were many other factors. For one, Jim Gordon. As I said, they succeeded in cleaning up Gotham, but it came at the cost of Batman's reputation. Just to play Devil's advocate, here, let's put you in the shoes of any one of Gotham City's denizens. For the past year, you've watched someone take on the role of Gotham's protector. Then, out of nowhere, the commissioner of police claims that he snapped and murdered five people, including several police officers and a district attorney. Batman told him to do that, but he also knew what that entailed; there was no going back. If he went back to beating up criminals and returning to the status quo after "supposedly" suffering a psychotic break, it would only serve to raise suspicions, putting Gordon in a [negative] spotlight, and, ultimately, undoing everything they worked towards.

Keep in mind, as well, that there was a transitional period, and that Bruce didn't just instantly transform into the Howard Hughes shut-in we see at the beginning of the film. With Batman no longer a viable option for his crusade, he took an interest in his company, and, in some ways, it calls back to what Ra's Al Ghul said in Begins, about how Bruce's parents tried to save the city with economics. He took an active interest in his company, and even tried to create a new, energy source. In the end, the Fusion Reactor was what broke Bruce. After he saw how it could be weaponized, I think he believed himself to be doing more harm than good, and, thus, decided to give everything up.

As for The Dark Knight Returns, would people have liked TDKR better if it ended with Bruce asking Brian Douglas' drinking buddies for more assistance in his war on crime?:lol Regarding TDK, though, my point is that Bruce never intended to stay Batman forever. He may have been coerced in that particular instance, but look at Harvey's fundraiser. He genuinely wants to pass the bill [to clean up Gotham] off to Harvey, so he can live happily ever after with his childhood friend.

But Batman never quits, he never retires. I wanna see Batman in action not Batman inaction. Rises literally broke the Bat out of Batman and I didn't pay to see it end like that.

So the general consensus is that TDKR and MOS were an awesome one-two punch from WB/DC and the future looks extremely bright from here on out?

But Batman never quits, he never retires. I wanna see Batman in action not Batman inaction. Rises literally broke the Bat out of Batman and I didn't pay to see it end like that.

TDKT was an elseworlds tale. Nothing more nothing less. When Nolan just had Ledger paint his face, that's what it became to me. A story about another version of Bruce. And this version got a happy ending. And I appreciate that. Because i know the regular Bruce won't get one. He will keep fighting until he wins, or more likely some punk gets lucky. I admire that Bruce. That is the way the comics are designed so that he stays in the cowl. But Nolan's version is it's own thing. I like TDKR. Not ashamed of it. I see Affleck as playing a different version of Bruce.

TDKR fiction: Great ending to BB/TDK, what an amazing legend and gift that BW gave Gotham's citizens.

TDKR reality: Ledger death screwed it all up, TDKR not what Nolan originally had planned = forced story money grab from master Nolan!

That movie goes down like a nail milk shake. :lol

Last edited:

Yeah, TDKR says that the Joker was a defeated dope who nobody apparently remembers but you know in TDK that the intention of his line about fighting Bats forever was supposed to indicate that Bruce wouldn't be hanging up the cowl anytime soon.

TDKR fiction: Great ending to BB/TDK, what an amazing legend and gift that BW gave Gotham's citizens.

TDKR reality: Ledger death screwed it all up, TDKR not what Nolan originally had planned = forced story money grab from master Nolan!

That movie goes down like a nail milk shake. :lol

I love how people just assumed Ledger was coming back, or that the Joker was in the plan for a sequel. Nolan has admitted that after ledger's death he was not sure he wanted to do another one. But what he turned out is not the cinematic turd people try to claim it is. TDKR was always going to be doomed to backlash, due to how popular TDK was. When people got pissed it wasn't nominated for best picture that year, you knew there was no way the next film could live up to the hype.

Its hollywood, movie made over a billion, awf cawrse Joker was going to return in some capacity.

If they didn't want him back they would've 89'd him at the end of TDK.

Regardless, his death impacted the course of the sequel.

TDKR nuke should have set off the Kryptonian ship beacon, luring Zod to Earth. Then it's not Hopeman's fault. Batman should have pulled a Han Solo and showed up to the Metropolis fight in an even more badass Batwing to help clean up the mess he unleashed. Superman would then be cool, Batman would be a cool non-quitter, and WB/DC would have their connected universe.

TDKR nuke should have set off the Kryptonian ship beacon, luring Zod to Earth. Then it's not Hopeman's fault. Batman should have pulled a Han Solo and showed up to the Metropolis fight in an even more badass Batwing to help clean up the mess he unleashed. Superman would then be cool, Batman would be a cool non-quitter, and WB/DC would have their connected universe.

****!!!!

WB/DC you stoopid muther****ers!

So full of win Khev!

Last edited:
Back