Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

TDKR fiction: Great ending to BB/TDK, what an amazing legend and gift that BW gave Gotham's citizens.

TDKR reality: Ledger death screwed it all up, TDKR not what Nolan originally had planned = forced story money grab from master Nolan!

That movie goes down like a nail milk shake. :lol

That sums it up very well.:goodpost:

Delaying the movie another 12 months certainly didn't help matters. :lol

I think it did, the script got a rewrite by an academy award writer, WB showed they had a plan by making BvS and JL back to back, they have more time to work everything out.

It made the old complaint of "it's being rushed out" invalid.

Don't get me wrong Gaspar. I want this movie to do well. I'm a comic book fan, I love Marvel a little more but I also love DC.

The challenge is that WB/DC needs to get fans AND casual movie-goers to CARE about their characters in order to help drive ticket sales. Obviously, Superman and Batman get much love and anything with "Batman" in the name basically guarantees interest and success. But it's those OTHER heroes that DC needs to get movie-goers to relate to. Characters like Cyborg and The Flash, and ESPECIALLY Wonder Woman. It's very easy to compare them all to Marvel but why not? A prime example is Black Widow. They've done so well with building her over the movies she's been in that I've heard from my casual movie-going buddies saying "When is Black Widow getting her own movie?". They CARE and are INVESTED in the character enough that they want to see more of her. That is why there is a lot of pressure on Gal Gadot to perform. She will either make or break Wonder Woman.

But just throwing in characters here and there isn't going to make the audience "care".

And "Green Lantern" SHATTERED WB's confidence. Its self-esteem is at an all-time low after that which is why it has (in my opinion) had to resort to bringing in the BIG GUN, Batman, into the Man of Steel 2. And it makes for concern whether they'll try to branch outside of their "comfort zone bubble" of Superman and Batman. These characters (Cyborg, Aquaman, Green Lantern 2.0, and Wonder Woman) might NOT get the opportunity to get their own flicks because WB just doesn't have the confidence in them or isn't willing to "smartly" develop them in the Justice League/Batman/Superman movies.

I think it did :lol

If this was coming out next year, I would be more than worried.

I think it did, the script got a rewrite by an academy award writer, WB showed they had a plan by making BvS and JL back to back, they have more time to work everything out.

It made the old complaint of "it's being rushed out" invalid.

Not what I meant, nothing about rushing to production with an undercooked script.

I was referring to an extra 12 months of WB/DC forum whining that was bugging Gaspar. :lol

I bet WB. saw how well received Anthony Mackie's Falcon was in Cap II as the Falcon so they decided to shoehorn Cyborg into this flick. They certainly have enough time to rewrite whatever they want.

I bet WB is counting the Marvel roles screen time down to the second. :lol

Ok fellas, we need Cyborg on screen for exactly 14 minutes and he needs to jump out of a high rise window at some time.

:lol

Don't get me wrong Gaspar. I want this movie to do well. I'm a comic book fan, I love Marvel a little more but I also love DC.

The challenge is that WB/DC needs to get fans AND casual movie-goers to CARE about their characters in order to help drive ticket sales. Obviously, Superman and Batman get much love and anything with "Batman" in the name basically guarantees interest and success. But it's those OTHER heroes that DC needs to get movie-goers to relate to. Characters like Cyborg and The Flash, and ESPECIALLY Wonder Woman. It's very easy to compare them all to Marvel but why not? A prime example is Black Widow. They've done so well with building her over the movies she's been in that I've heard from my casual movie-going buddies saying "When is Black Widow getting her own movie?". They CARE and are INVESTED in the character enough that they want to see more of her. That is why there is a lot of pressure on Gal Gadot to perform. She will either make or break Wonder Woman.

But just throwing in characters here and there isn't going to make the audience "care".

And "Green Lantern" SHATTERED WB's confidence. Its self-esteem is at an all-time low after that which is why it has (in my opinion) had to resort to bringing in the BIG GUN, Batman, into the Man of Steel 2. And it makes for concern whether they'll try to branch outside of their "comfort zone bubble" of Superman and Batman. These characters (Cyborg, Aquaman, Green Lantern 2.0, and Wonder Woman) might NOT get the opportunity to get their own flicks because WB just doesn't have the confidence in them or isn't willing to "smartly" develop them in the Justice League/Batman/Superman movies.

People did not care about Captain, BW or Hawkeye, and nobody remembered the last Hulk movie by the time Avengers was released, a lot of that changed because of the Avengers, not before, like people say, in fact, people still don't care about Hawkeye :lol

I didn't care about Cap even after the Avengers, it was only after Cap 2 that Rogers got my full interest.

DC characters if done correctly can have that same reaction after only one movie.

But you're right, all DC's eggs are in this basket.

As far a Superman being robbed of his sequel, I strongly felt like that but I got over it a long time ago, it's pointless to keep crying over that.

well people would get over it if they didn't get constantly reminded about it every time news of this Batman Vs Superman movie comes out :lol

I think it depends on how good this movie will be for people to forget. If this movie sucks some people will never be able to let it go lol.

I bet WB. saw how well received Anthony Mackie's Falcon was in Cap II as the Falcon so they decided to shoehorn Cyborg into this flick. They certainly have enough time to rewrite whatever they want.

sounds very accurate actually

I’m not familiar with the actor they’ve chosen for Cyborg. Anyone know if he’s a decent actor?

maybe because Superman got robbed out of his sequel....a Sequel that he needed? Badly?

Is that why you guys want MOS2 before the Justice League? So Superman can get a full "make up" movie after MOS? The Incredible Hulk was pretty weak but Marvel didn't try and make a better TIH2 to make up for it. They just put him in a kickass team movie and now everyone loves him.

Is that why you guys want MOS2 before the Justice League? So Superman can get a full "make up" movie after MOS? The Incredible Hulk was pretty weak but Marvel didn't try and make a better TIH2 to make up for it. They just put him in a kickass team movie and now everyone loves him.

Exactly.

Can we get a white guy as Cyborg then? :lol

But its a whole lot easier to love the Hulk than it is Superman.

Hulk smash!

Superman can be boring if not played by CR. :lol

Last edited:

is not just because it was "weak" or get a full make up, it is because he barely had the suit for a couple of days, had to kill someone that he didn't want to kill and they are already shoving Batman and the rest in here,

Your Hulk example is not accurate. It would be like if they made Iron Man 1 and THEN they added Hulk and Thor and Capt America and Black Widow and Black Panther etc. to the Iron Man sequel.

Now technically you could say that is what happened to Captain America but even His time in the suit was a lot longer than Superman's, he fought longer than Superman did, and again, there were all these other movies before. Marvel took its time to build these stories.

(hell, even Iron Man had the suit longer than Superman had His suit. Superman basically had one long fight and that was it.)

Last edited:
Back