Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

Batfan :hi5:

Wor-gar, he does like the movie but is also annoyed by a few things too.
I remember that he hate the world machine vs Supes fight for exemple.

He was far from saying it was a masterpiece.
But he did liked the movie a lot even with its big flaws.
Im in the same train.

And yes you do believe a man can fly.
If thats one thing that was pretty well done its all the flights and fights.
I really loved how they were both beautifully choregraphied but yet very violent.
And what is called posing in animation was so cool in the movie that each moments you cant extract an iconic image.

Last edited:

Irish loved the Man of Steel. He did some work on it so he might be a little biased. Last year him and I were going back and forth about his likes and my dislikes of the film. To his credit, he always maintained that this was only the beginning to other DC movies, and that Superman as he was shown in the movie was still a novice learning to use his powers.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/0...-love-to-make-their-dc-universe-more-cohesive

IGN: You've talked about how Marvel and DC's cinematic universes sort of took an opposite trajectory from the world of the comics, where DC is now sort of the more grounded, more relatable universe.

Goyer: It is odd.

IGN: It's fascinated me, watching that happen. Do you find that it's becoming more challenging as you start to tap into characters that in the comic world were considered more boy scouts?

Goyer: Sure. You mean Superman?

IGN: Sure.

Goyer: Yes. Also, and he's alien. Yeah, I think it's a lot easier to make Batman relatable than it is to make Superman relatable. I mean, writing the script for Man of Steel was a lot more challenging for that very reason IGN: Is there any part of you moving forward that -- and I think I know the answer to this, but I want to ask.

Goyer: I probably can't say, but go ahead.[Laughs]

IGN: Would you ever consider any course correction of sorts on Zod and Superman being a killer?

Goyer: [Pause] Yeah... [Laughs] Sorry!

IGN: [Laughs] Fair enough. In very general terms, looking ahead, I'm wondering, in terms of working in television, DC's certainly got a huge presence in TV right now. What are the conversations about how these shows in development are going to tie into the movies? Is that something you think about?

Goyer: I mean, it's too early. I know that Warner Bros. would love to make their universe more cohesive. There have been a lot of general conversations about that, but it's really, really early. I'm not sure. Marvel has had enormous success, but I'm not sure that everybody should try to emulate them either. It’s just been vague conversations so far.
IGN: So it's not prohibitive to have Flash showing up on The CW and then perhaps in a Justice League movie - or something - as well?

Goyer: I don't think so. You know, Smallville was running while Bryan Singer's Superman came out, and no one had a heart attack over that. I don't know.

IGN: Sure. Well...some fans are likely to have a heart attack.

Goyer: Fans have a heart attacks -- yeah. There was a poll when they released some stills from Season 2 of Da Vinci with long hair about whether they preferred Tom with long hair or short hair, and 50 percent of the people said "long hair" and 50 percent of the people said "short hair." So you can't win.

IGN: I like the long hair for that storyline.

Goyer: I like it.

Cap 2 handled it perfectly.

It showed that it can be grounded in reality yet still be fantastical.

A sprinkle of grounded reality goes a long way.

Last edited:

Grounded in reality makes the films more relatable to folks( more box office) TDK trilogy proved that

There's that word again. 'Grounded'. I hate it, I want it to die.
At least sounds a little bit better than "realistic" :lol
Still stupid tho, as if the movie was punished for being a CB adaptation...

Because Marvel's films are so unrelatable as to have universally flopped?

I can't wait for them to ground Green Lantern and Aquaman in reality just like they grounded a guy with superstrength, who can also fly at superspeed, see through walls, shoot lazer beams out of his eyes and freeze things with his breath.

I like the part where Goyer questions the fact that he let Superman kill Zod. He just started out and the first thing he does is kill his enemy. I know that it seemed like he had no choice, but it was still a bad decision. What makes it worse is the fact that the head guys at DC comics read the script and approved it.

Because Marvel's films are so unrelatable as to have universally flopped?

I can't wait for them to ground Green Lantern and Aquaman in reality just like they grounded a guy with superstrength, who can also fly at superspeed, see through walls, shoot lazer beams out of his eyes and freeze things with his breath.

At least the movie showed us how a real fight between super characters would effect a city. In the comics all that destruction looked cool, but when it's grounded it just comes across as devastating.

I like the part where Goyer questions the fact that he let Superman kill Zod. He just started out and the first thing he does is kill his enemy. I know that it seemed like he had no choice, but it was still a bad decision. What makes it worse is the fact that the head guys at DC comics read the script and approved it.

Why are people still complaining about this? Batman is the only JL member with a no kill rule. The rest have killed, and really don't have a rule saying they won't. Hal does it in service to the GL Corp. Diana is a warrior born. Kal is not the Punisher, but he will kill if there is no other alternative. And in MoS there was no alternative. He has no idea about kryptonite. No access to the phantom zone. He barely understands his own powers, let alone all the ins and outs of how to deactivate them. MoS is far from a perfect film, but people harping that he killed Zod, are way off base. If he uses heat vision to bake Lex in the sequel, then you may have a valid complaint.

[/B]

Why are people still complaining about this? Batman is the only JL member with a no kill rule. The rest have killed, and really don't have a rule saying they won't. Hal does it in service to the GL Corp. Diana is a warrior born. Kal is not the Punisher, but he will kill if there is no other alternative. And in MoS there was no alternative. He has no idea about kryptonite. No access to the phantom zone. He barely understands his own powers, let alone all the ins and outs of how to deactivate them. MoS is far from a perfect film, but people harping that he killed Zod, are way off base. If he uses heat vision to bake Lex in the sequel, then you may have a valid complaint.
Well, when the writer of the film questions his decision then I guess it is a problem.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=97695

Following yesterday’s confirmation that Marvel Studios/Disney will release their third installment to the Captain America franchise on May 6, 2016, the very same day that Warner Bros. currently plans to release its Man of Steel follow-up Batman vs. Superman, Bloomberg has received comment from the latter studio on the potential 2016 comic book movie showdown. “It doesn’t make a lot of sense for two huge superhero films to open on the same date but there is a lot of time between now and 5/6/16,” said Dan Fellman, the president of domestic distribution for Warner Bros. “However at this time, we are not considering a change of date for Batman vs. Superman.” While Disney failed to comment, the president of domestic distribution for 21st Century Fox also weighed in on the matter: “A lot of films are announced many years in advance now, and some of it is posturing,” said Chris Aronson. More shots fired? What do you think?

UPDATE: Even though neither Marvel/Disney nor Warner Bros. plan to move their respective blockbusters at this time, Digital Spy reports that Batman Vs. Superman is slated for an earlier release in the UK on April 29, 2016, via the FDA. This, however, is not surprising considering even all of Marvel’s films have had earlier international release dates. Anyhow, the site also received comment from Captain America 3 co-director Joe Russo: “Everybody likes to imagine a flame war that'll start over this, but it's not,” he said. “It's two big movies on a date - neither studio is crazy enought to eat up each other's profits. At some point, somebody's going to move off the date.”

The tentively titled Batman vs. Superman is directed by Zack Snyder from a story by David Goyer and screenplay by Chris Terrio. Starring Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Gal Gadot, Diane Lane, Tao Okamoto, Callan Mulvey, with Holly Hunter, Laurence Fishburne, and Jeremy Irons, the film hits May 6, 2016 for now.

Read more at https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=97695#KYT6JYwYhgXEE6ku.99

This is great new to me, two big comic book movies, one weekend, and lots of arguing on here until they arrive :yess:

There's that word again. 'Grounded'. I hate it, I want it to die.

I don't view MOS as grounded at all. Grounded for me translates to realistic and there's nothing realistic about flying and hear vision ect...

I'd categorise the tone as bleak. It was a serious movie about a serious threat but people wanted it to be easygoing and less harsh.

I don't feel as if the problems with MOS was all the movies fault but rather the audience wanting and expecting something different.

Last edited:

Man of steel kicked$## I still think it was better the Cap2 which shared all lot of elements with the bourne franchise only done in a lighter tone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Back