Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

Time to give back that "World's Greatest Detective" mug Alf bought him for his b-day. :lol
:lol that's what bothers me the most, he wasn't really a detective in here.

I wish we eventually see a Court of Owls movie, maybe with this Batfleck, that story arc is the epitome of the world greatest detective.

Last edited:

I want Affleck's Batman to feature characters like Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze. You don't even have to explain Croc, if you make him 9 feet tall and scary enough, it will work. You handle the motives of the characters seriously and it doesn't matter what they actually are.

Like with Hulk. No one questions the reality of that movie, it's a **** plot but the there's no reality issues. Because even though it's a giant green monster his motives make sense and are relatable. He wants to control it and make sure he doesn't hurt anyone, he has an inner struggle that boils down to anger issues in a world of a-holes. Who can't relate to that? :lol

And wait, the Kevlar thing? Are you serious?

"Now, there's a trade-off the
spread of the plates gives you weak
spots. You'll be more vulnerable to
gunfire and knives."
- The Dark Knight

Even Joker's little knives seemed to be ****ing up Batman by the end of Dark Knight. We see him out of breath and clutching his side in anguish as he tries to lift Joker (the only time I've given that stupid voice a pass).

But Talia's shank into his ribs (which goes in at hand's length, to the hilt by the way) doesn't seem to harm him. He looks more surprised about the Talia twist with that goofball gaping mouth expression than he does that he was just stabbed in the ribs. I'm sorry, the logic just isn't playing out here. If anything, TDKR is just as cartoony, no matter how many "realisms" it tries to throw in.
No, the logic still works there, yeah the armor has segments through which a knife can penetrate, but it's still one stab, which is most likely superficial, versus several stabs in Returns and a gunshot, there's no comparison.

Even if you ignore the fact that it is a 60 year old who's endured stupidly ridiculous punishment through decades.

I want Affleck's Batman to feature characters like Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze. You don't even have to explain Croc, if you make him 9 feet tall and scary enough, it will work. You handle the motives of the characters seriously and it doesn't matter what they actually are.

Like with Hulk. No one questions the reality of that movie, it's a **** plot but the there's no reality issues. Because even though it's a giant green monster his motives make sense and are relatable.
And a Batman that can actually fight, like in the animated series where he blocks punches and kicks with just one hand, that's badass.

Yeah, no more origins stories, they can explain those throw flashbacks or dialogue.

https://www.comics101.com/archives/comics101/images/2005/mar23/plate.jpg
https://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1650/img0002ats.jpg

And he's not 60, he's in his 50s.

In his late 50's.

And that's not a pic from the Joker fight, you forget he actually just walked off all of that, he didn't even have proper medical attention, he just got up and guess what? Put on a robotic arm and went off to fight the mutant leader again.... Like it was nothing.

The problem I have with Bats calling it quits after the Dent Act, is that it only eliminates organized crime. Does that also mean there are no more rapes, murders or street crimes happening in Gotham City? If that's so, then Nolan went head-on into fairy tale territory with TDKR.
Batman doesn't care about white collar crime either, apparently, even though he would seem really well suited to combat it, being a millionaire industrialist. And any honest assessment of the origins of mass criminality will boil down to economics, which is related to this, and which, of course, Wayne could do a lot to confront. But no. Crime has been wiped out. He's done. Time to mope around in his robe.

"You can never even go skiing again"

Breaks back, comes back stronger than ever.

Quits.

:lol

Is 55 early 50s or late 50s? Hmmm.

And how much anguish should they have shown? He says how he's blacking in and out, he talks about the burn of the stab, he's limping, he's struggling to get out of the carnival until Carrie Kelly saves him from the cops. He's obviously hurt from the knife wound. In TDKR, they literally just have him shrug it off and it's on to the next scene. When Catwoman grabs him to kiss him or running to get stop the bomb, he should be gritting his teeth atleast.

The robotic arm? Yeah, he's shown putting it on, but the story never establishes that he needs it because he's missing cartilage in his knees and has to use a cane like in Rises. It's just a device to enhance is strength, not a device to support a handicap. The main thing though is that, he somehow gets the device taken away from him (along with his suit) in Rises and somehow manages to not only escape the pit, but also fight Bane, going as far as kicking him with his bad leg. This is the same guy that's missing cartilage and needed a cane, remember?

It's BS and cartoony.

Alright it's 55 then, that makes all the difference in the world, a 55 year old man who's endured a ridiculous amount of punishment through decades and then gets stabbed and shot.... it's ridiculous you're even comparing him to Rises Bats.

Right, yeah, after fight with the mutant leader he literally gets NO attention whatsoever, he just gets up and walks out again.

In the fight against the Joker, yeah, he's still blacking in and out from several stab wounds and a gun shot, he virtually got shot naked, yet when he's able to swim his way out the love tunnel like it's nothing.

Versus ONE superficial stab.

Yeah, if you don't have cartilage doesn't mean you're handicap, it means if you keep stressing the joint you won't be able to run in the future and struggle to walk even more so than he was, he uses a cane cause obviously one leg is worse than the other, hence the use of the roboleg, it's not like he's stressing the joint on it's own.

Just the fact that you mention that he's got no cartilage proves that his Batman activity took a toll on him, versus having a perfectly functional 20 year old body after decades of punishment, in Returns his major struggle is that it's a little harder for him to climb a rope....

You're right, this whole argument is BS and cartoony.

Batman vs. Superman (2016)

If it's a superficial stab, how come he didn't ***** slap Talia out of the way and grab that stupid trigger he was looking for?
The fact that it's superficial doesn't mean it doesn't cause shock and pain

If the lack of cartilage is from all the punishment that's taken a toll on his body and he needs a super duper magic leg brace (that can break through brick foundation supports), then how come once he loses it, he's not a limping mess in the pits or when he comes back to Gotham to fight Bane for the second time?
It's a roboleg, it's obvious after you see him shatter concrete, when is it stated that he looses it? Even if he does, Is it not plausible he's got another one wherever he keeps his spare Batsuits?
I didn't make the comparison with Rises/Returns initially, that was some other ***** that was trying to play the "well, they both retire" attempting to paint them in the same light like, "hey, they both do this, so they're both good, rite?" Like you said, context. The reason Returns is beloved and Rises isn't is because how the two characters are portrayed. You keep bringing up the physical, when, again, that's only part of it.

I'll take this guy and his reasoning for hanging up the cape and eventual return.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I8vcdwuM...6s/zH-uoo6Xa34/s1600/BruceWayneTDKReturns.jpg
]https://s28.photobucket.com/user/cat-people/media/DK1reduce.jpg.html[
https://www.geekosystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/dark-knight-trailers.jpg
https://www.toddalcott.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Snapz-Pro-XScreenSnapz00126-1024x440.jpg

But you did followed the reasoning (I brought up the physical part cause it's a major factor in Batma quitting) which imo you can't simply make a fair comparison between both versions and don't get me wrong, I also take Returns over Rises any day of the week, everything about it is perfect as a comicbook.

Except Supes being a tool of the government.

Last edited:

My Batman is better than your Batman. :pfft:

Perhaps to you, but both our preferences are equally valid.:lecture :lol

If it's a superficial stab, how come he didn't ***** slap Talia out of the way and grab that stupid trigger he was looking for?

If the lack of cartilage is from all the punishment that's taken a toll on his body and he needs a super duper magic leg brace (that can break through brick foundation supports), then how come once he loses it, he's not a limping mess in the pits or when he comes back to Gotham to fight Bane for the second time?

I didn't make the comparison with Rises/Returns initially, that was some other ***** that was trying to play the "well, they both retire" attempting to paint them in the same light like, "hey, they both do this, so they're both good, rite?" Like you said, context. The reason Returns is beloved and Rises isn't is because how the two characters are portrayed. You keep bringing up the physical, when, again, that's only part of it.

I'll take this guy and his reasoning for hanging up the cape and eventual return,

BruceWayneTDKReturns.jpg

Batman-Dark-Knight-Returns-01-025-e1314599214138.jpg

Over this POS,

dark-knight-trailers.jpg

Snapz-Pro-XScreenSnapz00126-1024x440.jpg

I genuinely read that as "As we fart.":lol

Batman doesn't care about white collar crime either, apparently, even though he would seem really well suited to combat it, being a millionaire industrialist. And any honest assessment of the origins of mass criminality will boil down to economics, which is related to this, and which, of course, Wayne could do a lot to confront. But no. Crime has been wiped out. He's done. Time to mope around in his robe.

Batman Returns he was all over Max Schrek.

Adam West Batman fought: All crimes

Michael Keaton Batman fought: All crimes

Val Kilmer/George Clooney Batman fought: Flamboyant transgenders

Christian Bale Batman fought: Da mob and ninjas disguised as terrorism allegories.

Looks like Cyborg was cast today. Definitely not just a World's Finest movie any more.

Back