Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

we ARE excited, about Batman beating superman for destroying metropolis.

that's the thing, most of us want to see that showdown, so it is not as simple as just "not seeing the movie"

All this bs about women's image is killing me. First women are too fat, then too skinny. Let women be what ever size they want to be, it's their choice.

Dang SH! Lmfao. Gal IS beautiful and IF she has been training like a beast I sure don't see it brother. I'm not *****ing at all. I hope she is able to prove us all wrong and she kicks major ass in this film or if she does suck she is given minimal screen time.

Follow her on twitter. She has been killing it in the gym. I loved the reveal and if you looked at her comic con panel pictures with affleck and cavill, she looks great. Size wise. She is a perfect comparable size to superman. And in this cinematic universe, to make her more visually powerful, I think her fighting skills and speed will be superior. Like what they did with Faora. If she added another 15-20 lbs, she would be the same size if not larger than Cavill, screen view wise.

All in all, every comic movie in the past 10 years has had casting getting criticized. Why can't we just wait and see? People don't say anything about marvel now because they've shoved it in their naysayers faces. People disliked evans as cap until the movie launched. The infamous Heath ledger hate. Keaton hate. Amy Adams hate. Just endless. And it completely overshadows the awesome publicity and hype put forward this weekend.

Jessica Biel can't act her way out of a paper bag.
What do you expect when she cut her teeth as the big sister on 'Seventh Heaven', followed by that embarrassing remake of 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre'. :lol I wouldn't say she's completely terrible though.

AND..

GO GAL!!! :rock

Jessica Biel can't act her way out of a paper bag. There's a reason Hollywood let that train head down the Sam Worthington path. They gave her roles and she failed to deliver.
Gal is cast and looks amazing. This thread is an endless cycle of people talking about their personal wank material fan casting or how this movie will suck. It's ****ing sad that this is the fandom they are trying to please. I feel sorry for them. Gal could pulk out an Oscar level performance, and some would still be fixated on her breast size.

I disagree with the way gal looks, and don't think she's right physically for the role. She could potentially give a knock out performance and I will be glad to eat crow. But it's all personal opinion. Just because I don't see her as my favorite doesn't mean I don't want this movie to succeed. I want an epic movie just like you do. I hope you don't think I am bashing her performance. I can only comment on what I see and nothing else at present.

you can't be serious
and they already fixed her boobs with sculpting them into the suit. The sad thing about this is that even after they had to sculpt boobs into it her acting won't help

In my opinion, she has not yet put forth a "bad acting" performance? Care to indulge me?

I disagree with the way gal looks, and don't think she's right physically for the role. She could potentially give a knock out performance and I will be glad to eat crow. But it's all personal opinion. Just because I don't see her as my favorite doesn't mean I don't want this movie to succeed. I want an epic movie just like you do. I hope you don't think I am bashing her performance. I can only comment on what I see and nothing else at present.

And see. Stating opinions like you just did is perfectly ok with me. I actually appreciate the conversation. It's positive. I can tell you question the casting, but are hoping for the best. Others are so blatantly hateful that they post in a manner that suggests they want the movie to fail, just to be right. Who cares who the casting is. When I first heard ben affleck, my first reaction was "fahuck me". Seconds later, I was stoked. Lol

you can't be serious
and they already fixed her boobs with sculpting them into the suit. The sad thing about this is that even after they had to sculpt boobs into it her acting won't help

You complain about acting and yet champion Jessica Biel? Give me a break! You know as much about Gal's acting ability as the rest of us, which is basically nothing. We don't have a sample size big enough to make any call one way or another. She obviously showed the people writing the checks something to get the part.

All this bs about women's image is killing me. First women are too fat, then too skinny. Let women be what ever size they want to be, it's their choice.

Follow her on twitter. She has been killing it in the gym. I loved the reveal and if you looked at her comic con panel pictures with affleck and cavill, she looks great. Size wise. She is a perfect comparable size to superman. And in this cinematic universe, to make her more visually powerful, I think her fighting skills and speed will be superior. Like what they did with Faora. If she added another 15-20 lbs, she would be the same size if not larger than Cavill, screen view wise.

All in all, every comic movie in the past 10 years has had casting getting criticized. Why can't we just wait and see? People don't say anything about marvel now because they've shoved it in their naysayers faces. People disliked evans as cap until the movie launched. The infamous Heath ledger hate. Keaton hate. Amy Adams hate. Just endless. And it completely overshadows the awesome publicity and hype put forward this weekend.

Like I said man, it's personal opinion. And in this case we differ. I totally understand the Evans analogy. I've ways thought he was a good choice. Like I mentioned, I will be spending my money to see the movie and despite my feelings I still hope the movie rocks and she is able to pull off the role.

Amy Adams was a completely unremarkable Lois Lane.

There isca differecnce between what you're saying and the people I'm talking about. Im speaking more about the constant bashing of this woman's body in comparison to a fictional ****ing character who's been drawn and interpreted by hundreds of different artists.

You complain about acting and yet champion Jessica Biel? Give me a break! You know as much about Gal's acting ability as the rest of us, which is basically nothing. We don't have a sample size big enough to make any call one way or another. She obviously showed the people writing the checks something to get the part.

how was Jessica bad?

Scarlett Johansson to me is the same as Jessica and everyone loves her. I don't get it, what was so horrible about Jessica??? she seems fine to me.

(no worse than Jessica Alba or Anne Hathaway...)

Not to mention once the movie comes out, everyone ends up turning a 180. Now I hear people rank Keaton among their favorite Batman portrayals, Evans is the "perfect" Steve Rogers, Ledger is now "legendary" and an Oscar winner for his Joker, etc. etc. it goes on. I don't agree with Amy Adams "hate", cause she's an amazing actress, but I wish her Lois Lane was written to be more stubborn and headstrong like we know Lois to be. Adams is more than capable of delivering that type of performance.

I'm still skeptical about Gadot, but I'm willing to give her a shot and see how it goes. I don't jump on the "Hate" bandwagon until I get a chance to see the evidence and make a sound decision based on my own perceptions. I really hope DC knocks it out of the park. I'm a Marvel guy slightly more, but I still love DC and want them to be successful as well. If the cast and crew is confident and Gadot can deliver an awesome performance, you'll see it change almost immediately. People were hatin' on Batffleck (I was a fan in the beginning), but as soon as they see how good he looked in the suit and how jacked he is for the role..you've start to see people lean in favor of him.

I was at SDCC and people seemed to be excited for the movie. While it seemed MARVEL got a lot of attention because of their center stage exhibit and showing off the casts of Ant-Man and Avengers: AOU, DC silently prodded along with their exhibit themed on the Batman 75th Anniversary. However, I think they're going big next year. It will be THEIR TIME to take center stage and show off all the Dawn of Justice goodies...and I really hope they do, because they deserve to and SHOULD show that they're confident behind this movie.

There isca differecnce between what you're saying and the people I'm talking about. Im speaking more about the constant bashing of this woman's body in comparison to a fictional ****ing character who's been drawn and interpreted by hundreds of different artists.

This is also what I was referring to. Image and looks. Like a WW with huge jugs isn't a casting call WB wants to be known for. It isn't a casting necessity. And trust me, if they casted her to share the screen with Amy Adams, Henry cavill, and ben affleck... She's definitely got the chops.

I can see that and respect that darth. I suppose when I look at it that way she can look any way the artist damn well pleases. It always been a peeve of mine when a female action star looks so skinny, weak and lame.

I thought Cap TWS was awesome like everyone else here, and while I don’t think he does a bad job, I don’t think Evans is the perfect Cap. He lacks that deep, authoritative voice that commands respect. He looks the part for sure though.

This is what I fear most.

Wanted.jpg

I'm sorry, people keep saying Affleck is "jacked". The man's got moobs. He looks good under rubber, I'll give him that, but let's not get crazy.

ben-affleck-buff-body-in-tight-tee-01.jpg

Those aren't man boobs man. Haha those are what a real mans pectorals look like. Big and bulky. Getting cut is over rated.

Back