Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

That's what I meant. I have nothing against comic book movies, hell, it's what we all love here.

But the academy usually goes for other types, specially those with the very sad beginning and sad endings when everything goes to hell.
Yeah man regardless the movie, everyone knows the Oscars are all political. Heath Ledger would NEVER have won the Oscar had he remained alive. They did it to seem like this great committee that cares about acting and doesn't care whether it was a comic movie or blah blah blah...

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I would rather not have had a new Superman movie at all than to see a clone of the typical comics costume used again. Thankfully Snyder didn't have total control - sounds like Goyer and Nolan saved MoS. Re-use the score of the original Superman movie? It's a great score, but that's serious crazy talk. That score belongs to the Reeve movie. Period.

:exactly:

Just ditch damn boots and rename the character already!

ultraman.jpg

I thought that anti-Supes was showing cleavage. :horror

Oh and you know what Snyder also apparently heavily considered? Using the Williams theme. Nolan put the boot to that of course. Not gritty enough for the new Superman world which isn't allowed to have anything to do with his gritty Batman world for some reason.

That, I agree with. Even though the Williams theme is very iconic, using it it wouldn't be right, imo. Imagine the Nolan Batman films with the 89 theme. They want no connection to the other films, so looking at it from that POV, it makes sense not to use it. Not to mention, it was used in SR, and that film was not well received, so it makes total sense to me that if you have a an all new team, new actors, new look, that you have a new theme.

I would rather not have had a new Superman movie at all than to see a clone of the typical comics costume used again. Thankfully Snyder didn't have total control - sounds like Goyer and Nolan saved MoS.

If creating a pretty strongly divisive and contentious film is 'saving it' then OK.

If creating a pretty strongly divisive and contentious film is 'saving it' then OK.

Superman Returns part 2 seems to be what some folks want. Those folks would be wrong. Being wrong is a right, not a privilege, and I welcome anyone to exercise it. ;)

That, I agree with. Even though the Williams theme is very iconic, using it it wouldn't be right, imo. Imagine the Nolan Batman films with the 89 theme. They want no connection to the other films, so looking at it from that POV, it makes sense not to use it. Not to mention, it was used in SR, and that film was not well received, so it makes total sense to me that if you have a an all new team, new actors, new look, that you have a new theme.

Well as I always said before MOS came out, if you make a Superman film where something like the JW theme doesn't fit, then you're going in the wrong direction with it. But obviously that's just my opinion, I know others who agree.

We almost got that in Batman begins and TDKR :lol I don't mind. I remember there was an episode of the Animated series where BW didn't wear the costume, and I still liked it.

They're going to give it a try. 'Gotham' starts in September.

SnakeDoc

Nope, when I say without his costume, I mean a movie where you never see Bruce Wayne in regular clothes, you know, his real costume.

Oh now the boots are getting lumped with the briefs so the briefs get a free pass :lol

Wow, people really can't let go.

Yeah man regardless the movie, everyone knows the Oscars are all political. Heath Ledger would NEVER have won the Oscar had he remained alive. They did it to seem like this great committee that cares about acting and doesn't care whether it was a comic movie or blah blah blah...

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I disagree with that. There was a lot of "buzz" around Ledger's performance long before he died. Even when he was promoting I'm Not There, most of the questions were about the Joker and his performance.

Of all the nominees that year, I think he had the best character and most memorable performance. The other nominees were Josh Brolin for Milk, RDJ for Tropic Thunder, Michael Shannon for Revolutionary Road, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman for Doubt. All great performances, but Ledger's Oscar was well deserved. Maybe it took him dying for the Oscars to recognized it, but he still deserved it, imo.

Superman Returns part 2 seems to be what some folks want. Those folks would be wrong. Being wrong is a right, not a privilege, and I welcome anyone to exercise it. ;)

:lol :lol :lol

I did feel there was untapped potential there and I personally would have preferred had they continued that universe. I think Batman and the Justice League would have fit better in that world than they will in the MOS one. However it remains to be seen definitively, I could indeed be proven wrong, we'll find out.

I thought that anti-Supes was showing cleavage. :horror
WB:
- Hmmm... We need more appeal for the Twilight audience.
- But almost all of our male characters are in full clothes.
- Wait... How about that Fishman fella? He was half naked in 90s.
- Yeah, and some hardcore retards still care about that schmuck. LET'S DO IT!

Not at all, and it's the 1st time I've seen people ever bring that up.

It's like they're desperate to make some sense of the damn undies :lol

Desperate? Aren't you the one posting about this dumb **** pretty solid around the clock? :lol

Well as I always said before MOS came out, if you make a Superman film where something like the JW theme doesn't fit, then you're going in the wrong direction with it. But obviously that's just my opinion, I know others who agree.

I don't think it has anything to do with fitting. It works fine with it.

I just think that they don't want any connections to the old films because it's whole different movie. The 78 film didn't use the themes from the George Reeve show or the Fleisher cartoons because they wanted something new and nothing that was related to those earlier versions.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I disagree with that. There was a lot of "buzz" around Ledger's performance long before he died. Even when he was promoting I'm Not There, most of the questions were about the Joker and his performance.

Of all the nominees that year, I think he had the best character and most memorable performance. The other nominees were Josh Brolin for Milk, RDJ for Tropic Thunder, Michael Shannon for Revolutionary Road, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman for Doubt. All great performances, but Ledger's Oscar was well deserved. Maybe it took him dying for the Oscars to recognized it, but he still deserved it, imo.

I do, too, believe he wouldn't have gotten jack had he been alive. It's just a way for the academy to say they cared (they didn't). Then again, I'm one of those that found his performance great, just not the best thing ever like many.

We'll never know anyway.

Desperate? Aren't you the one posting about this dumb **** pretty solid around the clock? :lol

Lol lol

Here's my opinion on super undies vs no super undies:

I think the change of color in that specific section of the body serves a very good purpose. If you talking about someone whose wearing a single color "body glove" style outfit so incredibly tight that his abdominal muscles are showing, how do you think his private areas would appear? The change in color breaks the continuation, so that "area" is less apparent. So in a weirdly reverse way the outside underwear is a modesty statement.

Even when the actor wears a cup under the single color suit the undies can still improve the appearance. I think on the Hot toys collectors facebook they uploaded pics of cavill's new superman suit. Its been airbrushed so his muscles are more apparent. Unfortunately now matter how much you work out, you cant really build muscle around your pelvic area. So between his extremely muscled torso and extremely muscled calves, his pelvic area looks kind of flat and awkward.

Back