Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

He lived to see both of those, even said Kilmer was his favorite Bruce/Batman. :lol

Anything that isn't this:

3394800-2457815-kane_arlen2.jpg

Is a bastardization.

I always liked Kilmer as Bruce, he just ended up in a bad movie.

Bob Kane was set to cameo in Batman 1989 as the cartoonist for the newspaper, but he wasn't around so they dropped it. His "Man-Bat" cartoon and signature is in it though. In every Batman film after that, Kane's wife had cameos in his place. In Returns she was a random citizen commenting on Penguin, then in the Schumacher movies she was that annoying tv lady, "Gossip Gerdy". Then starting with Batman and Robin, that senator was in the Schumacher and Nolan films.

The first ever cameo in comic movies though was Superman: The Movie. Kirk Alyn (first live action Superman) and Noel Neill (Lois Lane on the George Reeve television show) have cameos as Lois Lane's parents when she's a little girl when Clark is racing the train.

Awesome. Actually learning a lot of cool **** trivia tonight.

I guess this is what the WB execs were looking at when they decided to build the Man of Steel around "Silver Age" comics. I guess it's an understandable mistake that they didn't actually read those comics to understand that Superman wasn't actually a sadistic psychopath. Oh, well.

I guess this is what the WB execs were looking at when they decided to build the Man of Steel around "Silver Age" comics. I guess it's an understandable mistake that they didn't actually read those comics to understand that Superman wasn't actually a sadistic psychopath. Oh, well.

Thing is, atleast Superman is actually having fun trolling on those covers.

All Cav-El did was brood. Had he loled after killing Zod then pimp smack Lois afterwards, I would have cheered. Instead he cries, gives deep states and lets his dad get killed by Tornadoes. Comic cover Superman would have saved Costner Pa just to spite him, then force Costner Pa to fetch him a sandwich.

I agree of course, but you forget that the WB guys don't have a sense of humor. They think Superman gets no joy from the pain he inflicts on others. That it's just a sociopathic compulsion, resulting from serious psychological trauma of being forced to watch his father commit suicide, etc.

Thing is, atleast Superman is actually having fun trolling on those covers.

All Cav-El did was brood. Had he loled after killing Zod then pimp smacked Lois afterwards, I would have cheered. Instead he cries, gives deep states and lets his dad get killed by Tornadoes. Comic cover Superman would have saved Costner Pa just to spite him, then force Costner Pa to fetch him a sandwich.

And die from a heart attack on his way back from the kitchen :lol

I wonder why the movies insist on killing Pa Kent. Didn't he live during the comics? I know he was around when Doomsday KOed Superman.

When I first saw the trailer for MoS, I thought Pa Kent would actually survive . . . until they spoiled it with the "my father believed that blah blah blah people weren't ready blah, blah, blah I should let people die? What so you think?" line to Lois. Then I was like, "oh, he dead".

Back