Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I would disagree there - Marvel movies are made with everyone in mind. They make their movies enjoyable for kids, teens, adults and elder people, too.

They're also growing their female audience considerably.

As a female myself, as of right now when it comes to Batman vs. Superman and the subject of Wonder Woman, I would be less concerned about Gal Gadot's body than about the creative team behind these films being capable of writing and presenting a strong female character that can easily go toe to toe with the Big Boys. Goyer doesn't inspire me with confidence in that department. Neither does Zack Snyder.

ETA: There's nothing whatsoever wrong with Nolan's Batman films in tone - they fit the character perfectly in those films. But to carry that specific tone through out an entire series of movies with multiple characters with different backgrounds and motivations? We'll see how that ends up working out for them.

DC according to the rumors is not creating independent movies, but quite the opposite as can be seen with this movie is taking place after the events of man of steel. According to what we hear DC movies will be interconnected like chapters in a book so this movie and whatever outcomes will take place will feed over in to Justice League and so on hence the need for a shared tone. Marvel movies for the most part are separate from one another yes there are some elements that cross over but not to the extent that DC is planing on having. I think each character can still retain the own personalities and characteristics while existing within the DC shared world. The best example I can point to is the recent DC animated movie Justice League War which I think is what the upcoming Justice league movie will be based off. I think each character was given enough development while keeping them close to what they are Batman broods, Hal is a cocky pilot, Flash had his quirks and Shazam provided the comic relief . It may not be the classic superman personality,boy scout, but he is still superman ala man of steel version.

I agree with you on Zack Synder not having the best track record when it comes to female characters, however WW is looking to be a staple character and I don't think they plan on relegating her to just eye candy

Stark was banging chicks in Marvel films long before Talia popped Bruce's cherry. And at least there's blood when Marvel characters die on screen, not so with TDKR.

True , but its quite obvious that marvel is a more family themed event were as DC has a more adult tone. Both are great but I am a big fan of the darker tone so I tend to favor DC. For example I would have liked Captain America to retain the same story, but be similar in tone to The Bourne Ultimatum series as that was spy action movie with a dark tone.

If proven true, cool idea to start with Bruce Wayne witnessing Supes vs Zod battle.
They were not kidding with the whole Metropolis battle Will have consequences angle.
Everybody wants a piece of kal, Luthor will use it politically, Batman will teach a thing or two to young Kal.
Thats really really cool and serious **** the way i like it.
Dont give a flying **** about what has happened in previous comics or movies, guys behind this are doing their own spin on the material wich is great.
Weep fanboys and geeks Hollywood is not listening to you booooohooooooo ^^
Its not like they ever did.

So they are basing the whole premise of this on the failings of the last movies awful script? Way to go WB!! :lol
They should not try and post rationalise the ridiculous destruction at the end of the last movie and just move on. Because the last script made zero sense in the Superman world.

So they are basing the whole premise of this on the failings of the last movies awful script? Way to go WB!! :lol
They should not try and post rationalise the ridiculous destruction at the end of the last movie and just move on. Because the last script made zero sense in the Superman world.

Why would they try to post-rationalize the destruction? It doesn't need rationalization and the script makes perfect sense for the most part.

Why would they try to post-rationalize the destruction? It doesn't need rationalization and the script makes perfect sense for the most part.

Superman destroys half a city and a lot of smallville in a scrap with some alien buddies?
Then breaks said aliens neck.

It does not make sense in the Superman universe.
Jesus, it became a complete joke online after MOS was released, there was even a flash game made to take the piss out of it?
Where every punch Supes made at Zod a load of skyscrapers would fall down.

:lol

Superman destroys half a city and a lot of smallville in a scrap with some alien buddies?

Jesus, it became a complete joke online after MOS was released, there was even a flash game made to take the piss out of it?

To be fair, it was Zod who destroyed most of the city. Also, how long was Clark Superman before the Alien invasion? One day...maybe? He had never been in a fight in his life, let alone against powerful aliens. It makes sense for him to make mistakes. Hopefully, he will evolve into the perfect Jesus/god-like superman we ALWAYS get. It's funny, before MOS, people complained that Superman was too perfect with no flaws and the films had no action. Maybe WB shouldn't listen to "fans" anymore :lol

And to be more fair, it does fit into "a" superman's universe. This guy:

ewtFbWA.jpg

*no undies!*

Superman destroys half a city and a lot of small vile in a scrap with done alien buddies?
Ok, point exactly how and when Superman actually destroyed half of Metropolis and a lot of Smallville.

That is the dumbest complaint about the movie and the one that repeats the most, but funny enough, it's completely false.

You may need to watch the movie again, because in Smallville, Superman only destroyed that gas station, some train wagons and a barn thing, the rest was destroyed by the Military and Zod's henchmen.

The same in Metropolis, Superman only pushed Zod through some beams in the construction site and dragged his face over some windows, that is it, the rest, again, was caused by the world engine and Zod.

So if people could stop saying that "Superman destroyed the city" line, that'd be great.

Jesus, it became a complete joke online after MOS was released, there was rven a flash game made to take the poss out of it?

Yeah, because jokes on the internet are not often completely based on things that aren't true.....

And no, Not a single punch Superman threw even made contact with a single building, he was actually careful enough to punch Zod through the AIR.

tumblr_mlf4ktDdC31s1komro5_400.gif

The most destruction Superman caused with a punch was in Smallville when he punched Nam-ek through the train wagons.

The destruction that Superman actually caused doesn't even add to 1% of the overall destruction seen in the movie.

He actually caused about the same destruction he causes in the comics and animated series/movies from time to time.

It makes sense in the story told in MOS.
Who cares if its not in synch with what was said or done in action comic #10355783947474939.
I dont. As 95% of the audience.
Sorry if that does not work for you, looks like the following movie is still going that route.
You might want to move on or let go and wait for the REAL superman you crave for :)

On a side note if they did not adress the destruction and just ignored it and went another way, the very same who are complaining about it would be saying WTF billion died and no one cares???? Lol

Also Its not because there were trully funny meme about some aspect that its THE truth or that EVERBOODY agrees with that view.

Only thing i agree about some of Supes actions in MOS is that he was too careless, the train in Smallville, the lex gaz truck he dodges in the final battle, flying with Zod while leaving his mom with 4 kryptonians. But all these mistakes work with the character we have been introduced to.
A frustrated, scared and only active for a day Superman.

Btw re read the fly by Abrams script review and a lot of stuff from MOS was already there.
The fact that humans are divided about the destruction caused by Supes presence, the fear put in him by Pa Kent, everything happenning in a day or two once he put the suit on.

Last edited:
Back