Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

QUICK!!!! Everyone grab your weapons!!!!! A troll has made it’s way in here :panic:

Not a troll, its my opinion. I hated Man of Steel, WW casting is horrible based on looks alone, and Affleck already failed as one superhero... he will fail again.

Scoot McNairy... Any guesses about who he might be playing? Killer Croc?

scoot2BatmanNews.jpg

Not a troll, its my opinion. I hated Man of Steel, WW casting is horrible based on looks alone, and Affleck already failed as one superhero... he will fail again.

Chris Evans also failed at a superhero movie before Cap, I remember when everyone hated Ann Hathaway being casted as Catwoman because she was supposedly
‘too skinny”, and I hated MOS too but thank god they got rid of Goyer, the man mainly responsible for how MOS turned out. This movie has a lot going for it right now.

It will be fun to watch Ben Affleck fail as Batman...

Pair it with that horrible Superman...

Then the girl from fast and furious who is way to skinny to be wonder woman....

1/10
G-zuss - he's in here too now!! :lol

Chris Evans also failed at a superhero movie before Cap..
Complete & utter nonsense. :nono

Evans was great in FF, he nailed Johnny Storm almost perfectly.

The films being weak overall, wasn't his fault - folks need to understand this.

Last edited:

G-zuss - he's in here too now!! :lol

Complete & utter nonsense. :nono

Evans was great in FF, he nailed Johnny Storm almost perfectly.

The films being weak overall, wasn't his fault - folks need to understand this.

Totally agree, didnt know who he was when I saw it, but I loved him as Johnny. He just got stuck in a bad movie.

Do you know what we do to your kind 'round here?

To understand what's goin on in S2 you need to sit through boring soupoperish S1 and ain't nobody got time for that!

Every show on CW is exactly the same. You can close your eyes, switch out the video, open your eyes and never know anything has changed. All the actors look and sound the same, emote the same, etc. I'm sure you can also swap the dialog from one show to another and not miss a beat.

That said, I've actually watched the full two seasons of Arrow. I don't know how, but I've muscled through it and now the characters are attached enough that I can stomach it. But yeah, generally, all shows on CW suck terribly. I'm eagerly anticipating season 3. ;) And I'll give the Flash a shot because I did't mind the actor at all.

BTW, how come everyone is nitpicking the finest details of this and that but no one's mentioned (or continuing to mention) that they've apparently cancelled the Man of Steel sequel and have instead moved directly to a Justice League movie? I'm really disappointed that Batman and others will be making an appearance in this film. It's overload, IMO. I would have preferred a separate movie to build Justice League. They could possibly have small mentions in this flick, but the spotlight shared between Batman and Superman is going a little too far.

Umm, you may not like Affleck as an actor, but his portrayal of Daredevil, and the movie as a whole, was better than most other Marvel-based movies. He'll do fine as Batman, even though the character has no place in a "Superman" sequel. The movie, like Man of Steel before it, will be a much better movie than anything with any Marvel character. Better super-hero movie and just better cinema in general. That's pretty much guaranteed. This comes from a guy that much preferred Marvel comics and and characters to those of DC growing up.

Last edited:

Umm, you may not like Affleck as an actor, but his portrayal of Daredevil, and the movie as a whole, was better than most other Marvel-based movies.
I'm surprised anyone would make this comment. I like Affleck and do think he's a good actor, but in no way is his Daredevil movie comparable to any of the newer Marvel movies. You never see this movie on TV because they never air it, while movies like both FF4, and even Ang Lee's Hulk are shown fairly regularly.

You never see this movie on TV

I think I stopped watching movies on TV in 1990. Wow, you brought up some real stinkers, F4 and Ang Lee's Hulk. Almost anything is better than those. Affleck is a much better actor than the vast majority of people playing roles in any Marvel movie, which is why I have no issues with him as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

The director's cut of Daredevil marginally improves the movie

And it doesn't need any improvement to beat 80% of the other Marvel movies from a quality perspective. ;) But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a great movie, it's that the others are much worse.

And for off-topic reference, here's the count of Marvel movies I'm thinking of in no particular order:

# of Movies, Franchise
5, X-Men
2, Wolverine
5, Spider-Man
2, Hulk
2, Fantastic 4
2, Ghost Rider
3, Blade
1, Daredevil
1, Elektra
3, Captain America
2, Thor
3, Iron Man
1, Avengers
1, Guardians of the Galaxy
3, Punisher
1, Man-Thing

Howard the Duck left out on purpose.

Last edited:

And it doesn't need any improvement to beat 80% of the other Marvel movies from a quality perspective. ;) But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a great movie, it's that the others are much worse.

And for off-topic reference, here's the count of Marvel movies I'm thinking of in no particular order:

You forgot Howard the Duck.

I'm surprised anyone would make this comment. I like Affleck and do think he's a good actor, but in no way is his Daredevil movie comparable to any of the newer Marvel movies. You never see this movie on TV because they never air it, while movies like both FF4, and even Ang Lee's Hulk are shown fairly regularly.

I've seen Daredevil on TV. They used to show all the time on FX.

If we're gonna rip on HULK films - the 2008 one is ****. :huh The only good thing about it is Norton, & maybe Liv Tyler in some scenes. The 2003 Ang Lee film kicks it's *** any day of the YEAR. :wave

..& the DD film is much better than folks give it credit for too. Affleck was excellent as Murdock. Take out the silly Farrell douchery, the playground scene with Ben & Jen playing tiddlywinks, & it's much better.

If we're gonna rip on HULK films - the 2008 one is ****. :huh The only good thing about it is Norton, & maybe Liv Tyler in some scenes. The 2003 Ang Lee film kicks it's *** any day of the YEAR. :wave

..& the DD film is much better than folks give it credit for too. Affleck was excellent as Murdock. Take out the silly Farrell douchery, the playground scene with Ben & Jen playing tiddlywinks, & it's much better.

IMO 2003 Hulk is one of the biggest piles of green dog **** I've ever seen. I went to see it with my Dad and my brother, and that thing was so bad, it was the last time my dad went to a theater to watch a film :lol

I agree about DD, it's not that bad except for the playground scene. I actually like Farrell's character....he kills an old lady with a peanut :lol

Back