Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

After seeing the new suit, I think I'm having a change of hearts regarding both Supes and Batman suits, I'm not sure I feel that good about rubber anymore (no pun intended), MoS suit was pretty subtle, you could still confuse Cavill's muscles with the suits and it actually looked like fabric on the outside, and the muscle highlights were very subtle and tasteful, even though I always disliked the texture.

This new suit, while it's basically the same design, the highlights looks kinda cheap and the rubber sculpt is evident, kinda reminds me of the Tick suit, the "fabric" look is gone.

tick-flexing.jpg

It's doesn't look that fake, don't get me wrong but it just reminds me of it. :lol

Which brings me to Batman, although we haven't see the full suit, what I've seen, I like it and don't like it, I like that it looks like fabric on the outside, I don't like that the sculpted muscles are so obvious, I'm also not so fond of the texture.

I always thought what they did with Captain America suit was freaking perfect ('cept for avengers) they gave him a super badass utilitarian look that looked practical and functional, while not looking overly tactical. in both TFA and TWS.

captain-america-the-winter-soldier-trailer-0.jpg

91RA4mppv7L._SL1500_.jpg

Those suits are stupidly badass looking.

And I thought Batman could work with that concept as well, something along the lines of the new 52 that's not super tight and looks utilitarian while still looking superheroish.

3169652-batman.jpg

Or something like Origins, which is my favorite Batman suit in recent years.

1393805118-darkknightsandsuitv2.png

Which looks armored without the segmented ugliness from the Nolan suit.

I know what they were going for and I still like Batman's suit, but I think the texture for him is a bit unnecessary, and maybe Supes suit will look fantastic on-screen.

Still, way better than what Thor over at Marvel got.

the-avengers-central-park-filming-0903-3.jpg

That Thor suit has to be among the worst superhero costumes ever imo, Cap, MoS and Iron Man suits are the absolute best.

This was way easier to make and looks way cooler imo

detail.jpg

Just my 2 cents, I could still change my mind after seeing Supes and Bats on screen.

Last edited:

But lose the always-flowing cape on Batman. Have it able to retract and deploy at his control.Much more functional, practical, and cooler.

that Thor suit has to be among the worst superhero costumes ever

Thor just wore his normal street clothes - it's not a superhero suit or costume. ;)

But lose the always-flowing cape on Batman. Have it able to retract and deploy at his control.Much more functional, practical, and cooler.

Actually, the loose cape has it's tactical advantages as well, it obstructs the line of sight of the crooks and hides the position of his body to avoid gunshots and can also be used to stunt opponents as seen in the Arkham games :lol

Thor just wore his normal street clothes - it's not a superhero suit or costume. ;)

He also did on the comics, and those look way better than the suit in the movies.

Thor looks a little bit like a drum machine in the comics. ;) The electronic drum kind, not the sequencer kind.

DD305-large2.png

Yeah thats Asgardian casual, likes supes Krytonian casual :rotfl

Innocent as it may look there that thing flying at your head would still be....nnnngghhhh

Like roaches, you're brave until the ****ers fly towards you.

Thor looks a little bit like a drum machine in the comics. ;) The electronic drum kind, not the sequencer kind.

DD305-large2.png

:lol exactly.

After seeing the new suit, I think I'm having a change of hearts regarding both Supes and Batman suits, I'm not sure I feel that good about rubber anymore (no pun intended), MoS suit was pretty subtle, you could still confuse Cavill's muscles with the suits and it actually looked like fabric on the outside, and the muscle highlights were very subtle and tasteful, even though I always disliked the texture.

This new suit, while it's basically the same design, the highlights looks kinda cheap and the rubber sculpt is evident, kinda reminds me of the Tick suit, the "fabric" look is gone.

It's doesn't look that fake, don't get me wrong but it just reminds me of it. :lol

Which brings me to Batman, although we haven't see the full suit, what I've seen, I like it and don't like it, I like that it looks like fabric on the outside, I don't like that the sculpted muscles are so obvious, I'm also not so fond of the texture.

I know what they were going for and I still like Batman's suit, but I think the texture for him is a bit unnecessary, and maybe Supes suit will look fantastic on-screen.

Still, way better than what Thor over at Marvel got.

That Thor suit has to be among the worst superhero costumes ever imo, Cap, MoS and Iron Man suits are the absolute best.

This was way easier to make and looks way cooler imo

Just my 2 cents, I could still change my mind after seeing Supes and Bats on screen.

I like the new Batman and Superman costumes. The only thing I don't like about the Batsuit is the lack of neck articulation. I could be wrong, but so far it looks like the cowl and neck are a solid sculpt, which means, it's back to moving his torso if he wants to look around. He's also wearing the IronBat suit which looks fine, and in the trailer it looks like he was moving his neck looking up somehow...so who knows?

Wonder Woman's costume looks ok...but I don't like Gadot, so far.

As far as Thor's costume, I think Thor is a pretty ridiculous character walking around with that big hammer, but I do like how he looks in the comics and I wish he wore the helmet in the films. It's part of the character and the look...it's iconic. That's the only thing that bothers me about the movie Thor, but that image you posted is faaaaar better than the movie version.

His hair and beard also looked ridiculous in Thor 1 and the Avengers.

However, he looked cool in Thor 2 and the hair an beard looked awesome. Even the costume was a little better.

He had more of a "holy"/ Jesus thing going on in Thor 2, but I think that's the best look so far.

I thought Loki looked his best in Avengers though...

Looking closely at the covert Superman shot....I don't think that's the actual rubber/textured"hero" suit.

Like you all noted, the spray-on muscles are too prominent and the suit is a brighter blue and doesn't have that "gloss" that the original Man of Steel costume had. Keep in mind, other than the actual released Supes photo, this is our first shot. The promo photo does look like he's got the glossy suit while this photo doesn't really have that. It also seems that the suit "texture" isn't very apparent or visible, though you can clearly see it in the promo photo.

I think this is a stunt or "action" costume that Cavill is wearing for a scene and NOT the actual Hero suit. For those who aren't movie savvy, a "hero suit" is the main outfit a character wears in most close-up shots, thus it will be the most detailed and realistic. This suit looks like it's made of standard spandex, lacks the gloss and "texture" we've seen from the promo photo and clearly is meant to shot off Supes' sprayed-on muscles as well as give Cavill better motion for whatever scene he was filming.

Hopefully we'll see more soon.

I like the new Batman and Superman costumes. The only thing I don't like about the Batsuit is the lack of neck articulation. I could be wrong, but so far it looks like the cowl and neck are a solid sculpt, which means, it's back to moving his torso if he wants to look around. He's also wearing the IronBat suit which looks fine, and in the trailer it looks like he was moving his neck looking up somehow...so who knows?

Wonder Woman's costume looks ok...but I don't like Gadot, so far.

I think Wonder Woman's costume is ok too, very by the numbers, darkened colors and kinda pleather-y, they didn't risk too much, I was hoping for a greek armor look, but the suit is ok, tbh is a far better treatment than Thor got.

Looking closely at the covert Superman shot....I don't think that's the actual rubber/textured"hero" suit.

Like you all noted, the spray-on muscles are too prominent and the suit is a brighter blue and doesn't have that "gloss" that the original Man of Steel costume had. Keep in mind, other than the actual released Supes photo, this is our first shot. The promo photo does look like he's got the glossy suit while this photo doesn't really have that. It also seems that the suit "texture" isn't very apparent or visible, though you can clearly see it in the promo photo.

I think this is a stunt or "action" costume that Cavill is wearing for a scene and NOT the actual Hero suit. For those who aren't movie savvy, a "hero suit" is the main outfit a character wears in most close-up shots, thus it will be the most detailed and realistic. This suit looks like it's made of standard spandex, lacks the gloss and "texture" we've seen from the promo photo and clearly is meant to shot off Supes' sprayed-on muscles as well as give Cavill better motion for whatever scene he was filming.

Hopefully we'll see more soon.

That's a good theory :goodpost: I didn't know about the "hero" suit, I hope you are right.

Back