Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

And common sense should also dictate that capes be done away with. They're a hazard and a hindrance, regardless of their symbolism.

Yup. And Batman almost was.

11766.jpg
The-Dark-Knight_67f126c9 copy.jpg
BAT-BACK-PACK_3.jpg

Things like the gold belt and cape were almost nixed in 2004 and, to his credit, it actually took Goyer's convincing to get those on film. The no cape thing almost occurred in Dark Knight too for half the film because of the Batpod.

That's the thing, the trunks are only out of style because a film or a comic dictates it as such. If Batman appeared in the film this way, you'd have kids and a whole generation that would lay claim that it is more "practical", "real" and "makes sense" this way.

the real batman.jpg

Thus making this "outdated" and hokey,

20140716202501!Batman_012.jpg

But it is outdated. Imagine Batman putting on that grey costume and then putting on that black underwear over it :lol Maybe instead of the little trunks, that area of the suit could be a different color...that could work. That way, you get rid of the trunks, but still have a color that breaks the blue..or grey, in batman's case.

Imagine Batman putting on that grey costume and then putting on that black underwear over it :lol

As long as the material like the story and characters were earnest and the filmmakers/story tellers were creating something unabashedly real to them, I wouldn't think twice about it. I don't think Reeve Superman is cheesy looking because his sincere performance and body language pulls it off. Same with the two Spider-Men.

Those elements don't mean that it will always end up being this,

tumblr_mf76t9qOlN1rtynt1o1_1280.jpg

That image is disturbing :lol Something like this is what I mean, a one piece suit, but instead of wearing trunks over it, the crotch area is a different color, mimicking the underwear and creating the same look, but without the trunks being a separate piece of the costume.

Wearing a cape still makes sense, it evokes a royal air, in case of Superman is the blanket he was wrapped up with when sent to earth and in case of Batman, it has a tactical purpose.

Trunks did have a meaning but they outlived their context, capes are timeless.

g13e38af0.gif

Boxers, briefs, commando. It's all good.

And common sense should also dictate that capes be done away with. Symbolism is all well and good but they are a potential hazard and hindrance when it comes to practicality in crime fighting.
Not really, not for Superman, and Batman's cape offers tactical benefits.

I know I know, "tacticool".

Anyway, if you like strongman more than anything:

867543925_zps599b284f.jpg

Mariusz, the odds are that those are shorts and just look tiny on him :lol besides, you can see how odd he looks.

The rest of the time in actual competitions, he and everybody else look like this

sp1.jpg

:lol if it was about common sense you'd already ate your own hands for writing such heresy.
Okaaay

TEqv0.gif

They protect those around me from extreme fits of envy.
:lol:lol:lol

Boxers, briefs, commando. It's all good.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Don't get me wrong, I like briefs for their time, but they don't make sense anymore, going back to them is a bit retrogressive.

Why is it so tough to accept the fact that things in comicbooks need a purpose or a reason in this day and age? Comics evolved from the simplistic and campy plots in the 30's and 40's the storytelling was elevated, so why is it so bad that their costumes evolve and have a purpose? They're still colorful and fun.

Nobody seems to mind the fact that Falcon wasn't wearing effeminate spandex and got a "tactical" redesign in TWS, or that Quick Silver isn't wearing briefs and tights, and plenty other examples.

Last edited:

Nobody seems to mind the fact that Falcon wasn't wearing effeminate spandex and got a "tactical" redesign in TWS, or that Quick Silver isn't wearing briefs and tights, and plenty other examples.

What's wrong with Falcon's suit? He looks fabulous!

Trunks/underwear are overrated. Capt. was ahead of his time :lol

It would give him a tactical advantage, for sure.

His enemies would be distracted by his junk flapping in the wind. It's not like kicking in the ghoulies will hurt him.

MCU gets a free pass for comic in-accuracies

Back