Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Victor Stone is a definite. Mamoa is no longer flat out denying and simply playing coy, but he does have some kind of involvement.

View attachment 124008

Shhhh, shhhhhh, shhh.

Amazonian Warrior Princess

I think she looks ok...but I don't see her as an Amazonian warrior. However, IMO, when I think of what an Amazonian looks like, I think of a tall, strong, athletic, muscular female who can still look feminine while having all those attributes. In real life, the closest thing to an Amazonian are fitness models and crossfit athlete like Jennifer Widerstrom, imo. Maybe Olympic athletes.

I'm not saying WW should looks like Widerstrom, because she basically looks like a muscular Sandra Bullock (not a bad thing),but my point is, if the male actors can hit the gym and...the steroids :lol Why can't the actresses do the same? Part of being a superhero, is looking like one. Even when I look at little Scarlet Johansson in the avengers, it's a difficult for me to suspend disbelief, and she's not even an Amazonian.

Well said.

Side bar: I would smash that to pieces.

I think she looks ok...but I don't see her as an Amazonian warrior. However, IMO, when I think of what an Amazonian looks like, I think of a tall, strong, athletic, muscular female who can still look feminine while having all those attributes. In real life, the closest thing to an Amazonian are fitness models and crossfit athlete like Jennifer Widerstrom, imo. Maybe Olympic athletes.

I'm not saying WW should looks like Widerstrom, because she basically looks like a muscular Sandra Bullock (not a bad thing),but my point is, if the male actors can hit the gym and...the steroids :lol Why can't the actresses do the same? Part of being a superhero, is looking like one. Even when I look at little Scarlet Johansson in the avengers, it's a difficult for me to suspend disbelief, and she's not even an Amazonian.

Jessica Biel in Blade kind of look like that.

Jessica Biel should havebeen wonder woman.

Still a terrible actress :lol
Watchin' her in TR reboot was a hell of a torture.

Well said.

Side bar: I would smash that to pieces.

:lol:lol:rotfl

IS BETTER!!!!!!!

Yeah, you're right! I totally forgot about JB...maybe WB forgot about her too :lol But, yeah, I remember she did a film where she plays a military soldier or something to do with a plane, and she had a great physique...and she still looked feminine.

Still a terrible actress :lol
Watchin' her in TR reboot was a hell of a torture.

no Total Recall was a crappy movie that managed to make everyone look bad. Including Kate and Colin.

Jessica Biel's acting > Gal Gadot's "Acting"

@TCPOC I see your point, but DC amazons are only based on the concept of the mythical Greek women, if they went with the accurate historical portrait their amazons would be a little chubby and probably missing one breast :lol

DC amazons are their own thing, and their representations has changed over the years, including skinny Wonder Women.

Yeah Gadot wasn't the ideal choice right off the bat, but it's a valid one.

Now JB, I'd prefer her over Gina Carano any day of the week.

no Total Recall was a crappy movie that managed to make everyone look bad. Including Kate and Colin.

Jessica Biel's acting > Gal Gadot's "Acting"

That's the only thing that worries me about Gadot, and it's the thing that really counts :lol

I fear that she'll just go around voguing like in FF throwing her blue steel looks :lol

VOGUE.jpg

But Snyder doesn't have bad female characters in his sleeve, even Sucker Punch had a real badass lead and supporting cast.

Except for Vanessa Hudgens :lol

I wonder if the studio went with Gadot because she was just cheaper? Usually the most simple explanation is the right one, perhaps they spent so much in getting Affleck they were like
"we better cut down on our casting budget guys, who is a new actress that won't cost as much?"

Can I put JBs head and acting chops on GCs body and call it a day? :lol

Back