Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I can't believe you guys:) Rorywan, you have a great collection and some great skills about customizing but sadly you are away of reading comics I guess:) How many of you guys read Superman's death graphic novel:)? It is a mass destruction and not only the story takes place in Metropolis! And why don't anyone find the same stupidness for Avengers? Iron Man destroys the flying snake thing without ever thinking if anyone get hurts! When your enemy is powerful as you are or if it is a alien invasion, you can't run away from destruction besides it is the first days of Clark as Superman so he is so unexperienced! Also who reads Superman: Earth One story? The movie is nearly based on this story and man the alien race nearly destroys the America! These are the movies which are based on comics, remember:)? And do you remember the scene where Batman jumps off from his pent for catching Rachel? They fall from a skyscraper and not die:))) And we call the trilogy of Nolan crap as the most realistic comic-based movie:)? Common...

You might want to break that up a bit next time, bro..

Yes, that scene with Bats and Rachel was always stupid, even Tim B. or Joel S. wouldn't have done that, and didn't.

Anyway, if people want others to stop saying that Kal caused all the damage in Metropolis, than can they stop saying that Kal is,"still green"?

It may be the first day he's wearing the suit, but it's not his first day he gets his powers.

He didn't gain those through some lab accident or anything like that; he's always had them. If anything, he had MORE of an edge over Zod and co. He's had more time to acclimate to earth's environment, and it's yellow Sun.

He also has the home field advantage, he KNOWS earth. I've never been to the Sahara desert, but I know it's a desert. Doesn't he? They wanted the codex, why wouldn't they follow him anywhere and everywhere? Snyder and Goyer put him in Smallville and Metropolis so they could SHOW destruction. That's no secret.

And he's not a, "kid". He's 33 years old (the film makers beat that fact over everyone's head), with super intelligence to boot. 33 isn't a kid, that's almost middle-aged. He's not some dopey teenager that wouldn't know any better, but that's how he was written.

I wonder he if he still has super ventriloquism? If this super hero thing doesn't work out, he can always go to Vegas and do two shows a day.

So he saved one military pilot. Good. Maybe he should try and save civilians too. (Girls he wants to sleep with don't count.)

"I'm here to bring hope to fighter pilots who are ordered to engage targets I lure to Earth." Doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

So, the family he saved from Zod at the end weren't civilians?

NO, his first day to save the earth and his father always tells that if the earth is ever ready for him or not! Even when he saves the children in the bus, his father told him maybe not to save them! Think about the years of his childhood, he always has to hide because of the mankind's paranoia and now as an adult he gives a war to his own kind to save the world! And this war carries him to kill someone! It is an origin story to learn how to be a SUPERHERO!

Avengers screening = cheering audience

MOS screening = you could hear a pin drop, then a collective......"wut".

Well, it is not a good example but I get it:) We all know no one cheers up at the end of so many movies which are all great so your statement shows nothing to me:) Besides in Turkey the audience does not cheer-up:)))

It's still better representation of Superman that murders Earth's entire population, except for the last people shown screen at the end of the film (If we're assuming Superman killed all those people in Man of Steel that we never saw actually die, then we should assume everyone on Earth, except those people died as well in Superman the Movie) just for one woman. And if you don't accept that then all those people he saved from the missiles, he murders just to save one woman. And then later in the next movie he has the audacity to tell his father he served earth's people enough, and has to have his powers removed, so he can have an even EASIER life. Big slap in the face to heroes like the Thing and Bruce Banner who have to struggle every second with their powers, and have to go through much suffering to maintain a normal life.

I can understand those that say Superman killed people in Man of Steel, but murdered? Then he murdered his father in the first Superman movie, when he maliciously plotted Pa Kent's heart attack, while racing him. I don't feel that way, of course. That's actually my favorite Superman movie scene along with "I like pink very much Lois." There's a lot of scenes I like from that movie.

While I wished he was more responsible, I can let it slide more than a lot of portrayals that were in the comics or other media portrayals. I love Bruce Timm's Superman, but there were times where it made me cringe when he gives a regular crook a full blown punch in "World's Finest" and the episode "Clash" where he fights Captain Marvel. There's so many comics where he goes out of his way to save one person, while he lets a bunch of people die. It's never addressed though, because he rarely ever has to face repercussions. Those aren't portrayals I like though, and many do. My favorite Superman comics are from 1986-1994, and then a bunch of self-contained stories like Superman for All Seasons, Superman Peace on Earth (My absolute favorite), Superman Red Son, and All Star Superman.

You might want to break that up a bit next time, bro..

Yes, that scene with Bats and Rachel was always stupid, even Tim B. or Joel S. wouldn't have done that, and didn't.

Anyway, if people want others to stop saying that Kal caused all the damage in Metropolis, than can they stop saying that Kal is,"still green"?

Actually no, people need to stop saying he cause the damage because it's simply not true.

But it is true he was green, he may've had his powers all along and he was already saving people before putting on the suit, but he never went against Kryptonians suckerpunching him everywhere he looked, sometimes 2 at a time.

He had the home advantage, but they had their training and weapons which just so happened that could flatten a city block at a time.

NO, his first day to save the earth and his father always tells that if the earth is ever ready for him or not! Even when he saves the children in the bus, his father told him maybe not to save them! Think about the years of his childhood, he always has to hide because of the mankind's paranoia and now as an adult he gives a war to his own kind to save the world! And this war carries him to kill someone! It is an origin story to learn how to be a SUPERHERO!

You always did everything you were told when nobody was around?

My point was that he was here longer, he knew better than the Kryptonians. Just because he was never in a fight, doesn't mean he can't use common sense. He's not an idiot, or at least shouldn't be.

Obviously he was stronger. If not, explain to me how Zod could get punched into outer space, but Kal is able to snap his neck?

How can you assume that? You can snap the neck of a bigger person than you, not because you're stronger, but because the neck is a delicate spot.

:lecture Indestructible beings with immense strength would not leave any destruction when fighting.

It should be like Superman II where only an antenna gets broke, a billboard gets burned and a bus turned over. :lecture

Wait, Superman did heat vision the wall that Zod threw at him, but made no attempt to save people from the falling debris. WTG Reeve Superman.

Last edited:

Well, it is not a good example but I get it:) We all know no one cheers up at the end of so many movies which are all great so your statement shows nothing to me:) Besides in Turkey the audience does not cheer-up:)))

My screening examples speaks the truth.

I'm sorry if you can't

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 75

:lecture Indestructible beings with immense strength would not leave any destruction when fighting.

I should be like Superman II where only an antenna gets broke, a billboard gets burned and a bus turned over. :lecture

:lol :exactly:

Even Peter Griffin fighting the chicken leaves more damage than that.

You always did everything you were told when nobody was around?

My point was that he was here longer, he knew better than the Kryptonians. Just because he was never in a fight, doesn't mean he can't use common sense. He's not an idiot, or at least shouldn't be.

Obviously he was stronger. If not, explain to me how Zod could get punched into outer space, but Kal is able to snap his neck?

Man this the funniest question I have ever heard:))))

Back